Topic: A huge shout out and thank you to Joe21
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jan 12, 2019 1:08 PM by: Joe21®
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

A huge shout out and thank you to Joe21

[8]
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 9:59 AM

Joe posted back on December 5th that he had some "WW2 - I served" decals he would give to anyone with a surviving vet in their family. I replied to the thread and Joe was kind enough to mail me the decal for my 99 year old grandfather. We had our family Christmas this past Monday, January 7 and everyone was able to get together including my grandfather who was brought over from his nursing home. I was able to give him the decal as a Christmas present. Even though he wasn't alert enough to know what it was or what it meant, it was a gesture that made my heart happy.

We got a call this morning that my grandfather passed away peacefully last night around 11:15pm. I just wanted to take a moment and publically thank Joe21 for his gift. Giving it to my grandfather was truly a special moment I won't forget.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Anyone-in-Your-Immediate-Family-a-WW2-Veteran-24641750#24641750

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Very sorry to read of your Grandfather's passing.

[1]
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 10:01 AM

And I'm sure Joe appreciates your appreciative message.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: Very sorry to read of your Grandfather's passing.

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 10:14 AM

God bless your grandfather and family!

And, a Clemson shout-out to your Granddad, Joe21 & All WW2 Vets!

Posted: Jan 12, 2019 10:17 AM

And to You loyal & honorable TiGER Grand Son!

SALUTE! ????

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

Re: A huge shout out and thank you to Joe21

[3]
Posted: Jan 12, 2019 1:08 PM

By luck I was scrolling through the first few pages of threads and saw your post. Regret to learn of your Grandfather's death. My prayers are with you and all of your family members and a special thanks for your Grandfather's service. Glad to know that you were able to present the decal to him even though he was not aware of your kind act.

military_donation.jpg

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
457 people have read this post