Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Opting out of Season ..... IPTAY
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,966

Opting out of Season ..... IPTAY

Aug 19, 2020, 12:38 PM

Still a little foggy on the options. I think I understand the "ticket" options, but in the "Frequently Asked Questions" this is what they say about "opting out of the season".

Quote: "To be eligible, the donor must have met the IPTAY 2020, June 30th donation deadline and completed the season ticket request process. In addition, donors who choose not to attend Clemson football games this year are able to request a refund for IPTAY 2020, and still keep their season ticket priority for the 2021 season.

For the IPTAY 2021 year the donor who redshirts will need to join IPTAY, have their donation meet or exceed the assigned seat equity value, be at the appropriate donation level required for season ticket quantity eligibility, and meet all posted deadlines."

Does this mean if you opt out, that your 2020 IPTAY donation (the amount required to purchase seats) will also be returned, as well as the amount paid for tickets ....... or do they keep the 2020 IPTAY donation and you have to pay it again in 2021 to retain your same seating.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, you just need to continue your membership***

Aug 19, 2020, 12:45 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Opting out of Season ..... IPTAY

Aug 19, 2020, 1:06 PM

You'll have 2 options regarding your DONATION if you redshirt:

1. Leave your donation with IPTAY (it will count toward the 2020 season) and you will get bonus priority points (which they have not released the details about yet). You will then have to sign up again for 2021 and make your required seat equity donation in order to keep your seats for 2021.

2. Request and receive a full refund of your 2020 donation. Again, if you wish to keep your seats next season, you'll have to sign up for IPTAY in 2021 and donate enough to cover your seat equity.

For the amount you've paid for TICKETS. You can either

1. Leave it with IPTAY for 2020 and receive additional bonus priority points for that amount.

2. Request a full refund

3. Defer it as a credit to 2021.

That's how I understand it based on multiple conversations with people I trust in the IPTAY office. It definitely could've been communicated to us better, but seems fair overall.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2020, 4:36 PM

Thanks CU13. Really you can get everything back (IPTAY donation & Tickets) for 2020 and then start again with your IPTAT donation and season tickets in 2021 just like 2020 never happened.

At this point I am tending just to let everything ride, even my ticket money, as a IPTAY donation since the money is already gone and I won't miss it. But in reality it probably won't do any good as far as improving my status for tickets or parking next year, which of course they do not promise or even suggest that it will. It will be like paying for season tickets twice. I love Clemson, but sort of have a love - hate relationship with IPTAY, so I am kind of torn what to do.

Aug 19, 2020, 4:45 PM

We're all struggling with that exact same decision right now. It's a love/hate relationship every year for me. Hate spending all that money in the spring, but when football season comes around, there's nowhere else I'd rather be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2020, 4:55 PM

Same here. I tend to forget that IPTAY will not answer calls, the office is closed for some obscure holiday the day before something is due, my parking lot assignment makes no sense, or their website is not functions properly, etc. when the ball is kicked off. Part of the quandary is I don't want to make my decision on attending games until I have been to one and see what the crowd is going to be like, especially how they handle getting in to the stadium and then through the portals. Of course by the time you know this you probably have used your allotted ticket and it is obviously too late to opt out or redshirt.

Aug 19, 2020, 5:54 PM

I wasn't aware they were closed today, but their normal business hours are 8am-4:30pm. I don't think any parking or ticket assignments that you may see now are final. Most people will not be getting their regular seats or parking this year due to social distancing requirements.

I was told they are not planning to limit resale on the secondary market, so worst case, you could sell your remaining tickets if you are not comfortable after 1 game.

Not ideal, and depending how much you donate, that's not going to be a cost effective route, but you're still supporting our student athletes

Aug 19, 2020, 7:06 PM

That's true .... supporting student athletes is really important at Clemson. At some universities it would be a no-brainer NOT to do that ...... like the ones demanding 50% of the revenue!

Regarding the IPTAY offices being closed, I was referring to a couple of years ago before one of our play-off games when I really needed some help and called the week of the game and the office was closed. Seems like they were closed for the week before the game when it seemed like an important time to have someone there. Maybe not .... those folks need time off too!

Aug 19, 2020, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Opting out of Season ..... IPTAY ]

Well said Cu13. It’s a tough subject to get straight.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very sad....

Aug 19, 2020, 6:23 PM

When I pushed the button to redshirt it felt like a death in the family. For me, airline travel on top of all the questions about actually going just made it an almost impossible situation. I'm just going to donate my season ticket money....it's already spent and hopefully will help a very tiny bit (and I do mean tiny) with the financial issues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very sad....

Aug 19, 2020, 7:07 PM

Good deal ......... kudos!

Aug 19, 2020, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Very sad.... ]

When I pushed the button to redshirt it felt like a death in the family. For me, airline travel on top of all the questions about actually going just made it an almost impossible situation. I'm just going to donate my season ticket money....it's already spent and hopefully will help a very tiny bit (and I do mean tiny) with the financial issues.

Aug 19, 2020, 7:30 PM

Had to be a sad day. I’m not scared to basically do anything in life right now, except for airline travel. I get sick just about every time I fly. Even before the big pandemic.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,966
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic