Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Athlon's Clemson Schedule Analysis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Football Update: Athlon's Clemson Schedule Analysis

Feb 28, 2012, 9:12 AM

Athlon's Clemson Schedule Analysis

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will beat South Carolina this year...

Feb 28, 2012, 10:10 AM

That little midget 3 game winning streak ends in 2012! Go Tigers!

nope***

Feb 28, 2012, 12:07 PM

Do you have a RB????

Feb 29, 2012, 2:51 PM

Lattimore is not a lock anymore, a blown ACL for RB can result in a career end. He's a huge questions mark to say the least. Your top WR in Alfron is gone. You'll more than likely be on probation by this time. You also play in Death Valley this year, which normally doesn't bode too well for the chickens.

Admit it that Clemson is well overdue for a W. Toss that in with a little statistics and history and you've got yourself a nice butt whoopin on the horizon.

I can't wait!!! Go Tigers!

Re: Do you have a RB????

Feb 29, 2012, 3:14 PM

RB Brandon Wilds was ALL-SEC freshman. RB Kenny Miles has owned clemson for 2 of the past 3 years. Lattimore is already running and lifting weights (well ahead of schedule). Also, Shon Carson (former 4 star) has excellent speed and incoming freshman RB Mike Davis was rated a 4 star by all the recruiting services including one rating him as the #45 player in the nation and the number 5 RB in the nation.

As far as wide receivers are concerned, we will have 7 former 4 star recruits and one former 5 star recruit to fill the void at WR. Besides, Alshon had an off year in 2011 and many here have said he is not that good anyway.

And we blew you out the last time we played in clemson. In fact the last 3 times we have played (2 of them in W-B), we have beaten you by an average of 3 touchdowns. So, it didn't matter where we played.

clemson has to replace 3 starters on the offensive line plus the top reserve. clemson must also replace 3 starters off the defensive line plus the top reserve. Everybody knows that games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage. And replacing DT Brandon Thompson and TE Dewayne Allen will be VERY difficult. clemson has no one on its roster as good as those 2 were at their positions.

I suggest that you be more careful for what you "can't wait" for.

Apr 10, 2012, 7:21 AM

you don't want to start throwing players star ratings out there, you will lose. seems like to you every player you have is pre-season all-sec,or heck, all-american. you have 5 hiesman hopefuls in your backfield, 3 on your wr corps, the #1 ranked nfl draft prospect as your starting qb, plus 3 remington award winners on your interior line, and the left and right o tackles turned down 1st rnd projections from the nfl to return usuc to the glory days. oh, thats right,y'all don't have any glory days. geesh, y'all might win the superbowl.3 game winning streak and someone would think usuc was the defending mnc, the way you describe them. just get ready to lose in november.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2012, 7:31 AM

The point is that we have depth and a proven Head Coach, multiple times over, who knows what to do with talent. We will see who loses in November. We have heard that song for the past 3 years.

Apr 10, 2012, 9:41 AM

you have an offensive minded head coach, and have won with defense. y'all lost ej, who was as highly regarded as any defensive coordinator you've ever had.it is HIGHLY unlikely that his replacement will live up to the standards he set, and you are kidding yourself if you think it can just be " business as usual " on that side of the ball. you seem to want to go to a power running game style of offense that is just about 180 degrees away from what sos knows and does. meanwhile dabo is gaining national coy awards and still learning,while surrounding himself with proven assitant coaches. morris has proven his o works, and bv cut his teeth against some of the best offenses we have ever seen. we will be undefeated in the valley for the second straight year,mark it down.

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

"We have heard that song..."...Again, we've heard that from

Apr 10, 2012, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you have a RB???? ]

you your entire life. How many 3+ game winning streaks have we had on you during your lifetime?

What a joke...

Apr 11, 2012, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you have a RB???? ]

Lattimore isn't cutting yet at all, so he's an huge unknown with a torn ACL. Wilds did what against who? Mike Davis is a freshman who never played a snap, why pump him up? Kenny Miles has been a good back-up behind Latty, who is now an unknown. I wouldn't boast abt your RB stable.

Your so called 5 star WR didn't do jack last year - he is no Sammy Watkins.

Again, congrats on the last 3 years... but don't get content. Yes, we're ready for Nov in Death Valley.

Feb 29, 2012, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Do you have a RB???? ]

We beat Clemson fairly easily last year without Lattimore and when Alshon was a non-factor other than a 4th quarter TD. Not sure what your point is.

My point is... that was last year.

Feb 29, 2012, 3:43 PM

Plus don't hand me that star recruiting crap, we've got it too buddy. Do you even want me to refer to Clemson's 2011 recruiting class and how many 5 stars we had? Do you hear me boasting about stars?

Ricardo Hurley or Summers ring a bell? Goes to show you stars don't always add up. In most cases in Columbia, things don't pan out well.

Keep your midget 3 year streak and 11 win ring dreams close by, because soon you'll be referring to them as "the good ole days". Recognize that Clemson still OWNS you and will continue to OWN you for many many years to come in the series. Why come on a rival teams board that literally OWNS you and talk smack?

Yes, I'm 100% fed up with losing to a far less superior university/team in SC.

We're due chumps! Get ready! Go Tigers!

Re: My point is... that was last year.

Feb 29, 2012, 3:52 PM

We have more mature higher rated replacees at positions we need to replace than you do. You have practically your entire lines of scrimmages to replace. It's the LOS where games are won and lost. You have mostly 3 star talent coming up in the lines, at the offensive line, in particular. There are a bunch of 4 stars to replace Alshon. And when it comes to "coaching' between Steve Spurrier and Dabo Sweeney, I like my chances, with Steve Spurrier. And unless you beat us again, ownership resides in Columbia, SC. And where were you to tell all clemson fans to stay off Carolina boards when clemson was winning the rivalry game?

Re: My point is... that was last year.

Feb 29, 2012, 3:56 PM [ in reply to My point is... that was last year. ]

Why do Clemson fans feel the need to capitalize "OWNS" every time they type it. Serious question.

Because we beat you 2 out of 3 statistically...

Apr 9, 2012, 3:18 PM

I'd call that OWNED...

And that's all games combined...

Apr 9, 2012, 3:22 PM

If you want results, look at the entire series and not just the last 3 you've won. While you may own the streak, we still own the series and will continue to do so.

Now run along and bark at someone else poodle (suggest Coastal, Furman, SC State, etc a team that you own statistically), you don't have a dog in the fight here.

History is our friend

Apr 10, 2012, 12:52 PM

History is a gauge. It's a gauge of progress or lack there of. When we look back at our history, Gamecocks smile at the progress we've made. We now possess multi-game win streaks over teams that we didn't beat very often in the past. I love it when someone brings up how pathetic we were to lose 6 out 10 games to teams we can now dominate. When you Tigers look back at your history, are you satisfied with where you are now?

Re: History is our friend

Apr 10, 2012, 2:04 PM

lets see, been over a DECADE since fsu beat us at home. acc cahamps last year. bcs bowl for the 1st time ever. yeah, i'm ok with it. not the 1st time usuc has won 3 in a row, now it's time to go back on our 59 or 60% winning ways against usuc. and y'all had to cheat to get that.

Apr 10, 2012, 2:12 PM

so, I take you're satisfied at being unranked, losing your bowl game by a record margin, to a Big East team, losing 3 in a row to your rival whom you used to doiminate, by your assessment, by an average of 3 TD's and having the whole country laugh at you and the conference you play in.

Apr 10, 2012, 5:08 PM

you seem to have forgotten the seccg debacle. usuc fans have gotten selective memory down to a science, i must admit.

Apr 10, 2012, 5:13 PM

At least we were playing the national champion and not the co-champion of the big east.

Apr 10, 2012, 5:21 PM

losing is losing,isn't it. and didn't we take that same team to overtime that year- on the plains? how did usuc do the last time usuc was in a bcs game?

We're going to clown you this year in the Valley...

Apr 10, 2012, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: History is our friend ]

Yes I'm happy with Clemson having a winning percentage in the top 25 all time. We don't worry about hovering around .500 We're still builing on our history. You lost to Auburn and Clemson by 50+ in recent years - as you know it can happen. You also owned the nations longest losing streak no too long ago. Your 3 game winning streak ends this year. We won 7 in a row and didn't bark about it all day/everyday, but you can bet your bottom dollar when we do re-claim our series (I can say that - you can't) I'll be here to remind you on a daily basis.

I've had it up to eyeballs arguing with pathetic Gamecock fans that feel like they own the nation, bc they've finally become semi-relivant in college football the last 3 years. It's funny!

So you are counting on losses to

Apr 9, 2012, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Because we beat you 2 out of 3 statistically... ]

FSU and GaTech because they "own" the series record against you? Or are you just going to look at THIS YEAR'S match ups?

I'm not on GT's or FSU's board talking smack...

Apr 11, 2012, 1:58 PM

I actually have a good bit of respect for GT and FSU. Give respect where respect is due is the motto. Try it sometime, it goes a long way in many cases.

Re: Because we beat you 2 out of 3 statistically...

Apr 10, 2012, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Because we beat you 2 out of 3 statistically... ]

No you haven't. If the REAL record is so bad for us, why do you feel a need to embellish it. there have been 44 games where you failed to beat us. If it was really 2 out of 3, that would mean you have won 88. I guess math is not your strong suit.

Re: Because we beat you 2 out of 3 statistically...

Apr 10, 2012, 12:42 PM

even the icon you use is on steroids. is usuc's strength and conditioning program reaching out to fans now?

we don't really look like that

Apr 10, 2012, 12:45 PM

It's just the way the Tigers see us. Scary ain't it?

Re: we don't really look like that

Apr 10, 2012, 12:46 PM

nah,too slow.

Boling, how old are you? Let's see what the record is in

Apr 10, 2012, 12:47 PM [ in reply to we don't really look like that ]

your lifetime. Note that I use the word "life" very loosely.

yep we see you as chickens***

Apr 10, 2012, 2:18 PM [ in reply to we don't really look like that ]

Scary - You're a Wake Forest in our eyes

Apr 10, 2012, 5:15 PM [ in reply to we don't really look like that ]

They get hot once in a blue moon too... :)

Educate yourself...

Apr 10, 2012, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Because we beat you 2 out of 3 statistically... ]

61.5% to be exact. It's also 65-40-4 all-time, get it right. Yes, and most of those were played in Columbia, which is why Clemson has a better winning percentage in WIlly-B than SC. Sad isn't it?

BURN!!!!

Very little analysis in that "analysis."

Feb 28, 2012, 10:14 AM

More like a description.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

yep***

Feb 28, 2012, 12:07 PM

Thing is we'll be playing for something bigger the next week

Feb 28, 2012, 1:35 PM

as SC will not, so it is a must win for them or just another tanked season. That being said history tends to repeat itself and it ends at 3 coots. But 2052 is your time again

Re: Thing is we'll be playing for something bigger the next week

Feb 29, 2012, 3:15 PM

LOL

And the maniacal LOLing begins.***

Apr 10, 2012, 12:50 PM

Correction- Trap Game

Feb 28, 2012, 10:41 AM

The trap game is going to be BC, especially if we can pull one out at FSU. We are also going to be looking ahead to GT, and we cannot afford to overlook the Eagles. They always come ready to play us, and are always strong up front (an area that may take us a few weeks to solidify). Just my opinion...GO TIGERS!

Re: Football Update: Athlon's Clemson Schedule Analysis

Feb 28, 2012, 12:02 PM

Has not won @ FSU since 2006? That was just 2 games ago.. they make it sound like we have a losing streak there.

2008 & 2010 = 2 games which can be called a streak but

Feb 28, 2012, 1:40 PM

normally it should be 3 or more, like the fact that we have a 5 game winning streak against them here, they've went almost a whole decade without beating us at home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not almost, we have gone a decade without losing at home to

Apr 9, 2012, 7:18 PM

FSU...03, 05, 07, 09 and 11...When we beat them in 2013 it will be 6 in a row...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic