Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NBA Talk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

NBA Talk

May 22, 2018, 7:39 AM

Cavs looked really good last night and shared the ball. It was good to see if a Cavs fan. I think that they go back to Boston and Boston will take 1 and this goes to 7 with Boston winning at home. Not sure Celtics can win in CLE.

And Lebron getting 44 while the Cavs were sharing the ball a little more is unreal. I will not make comparisons to MJ or anyone else as this is a different game now. But the dude is insane and glad I am alive to watch him play. Still don't like the Cavs though.

Warriors- I love Durant/Green/Curry, this is about as good as basketball gets and I love the attitude and the overall spunk of this group. However, I would really like to see James Harden get his chance to win the Championship. That would be awesome.

If Houston can win tonight and then go back home and win, I see them taking the series. This is just fun to watch though if just a casual basketball fan. Even RH Tig

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very intriguing series...

May 22, 2018, 8:01 AM

but the individual games this postseason have been horrific. One blowout after another.

I cant see the Celtics or Cavs hanging with whatever team comes out of the West.

To me the Finals is going on now, with GS against Houston.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For me, the blowouts do not help the perception that the

May 22, 2018, 8:19 AM

whole dang thing is rigged anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For me, the blowouts do not help the perception that the

May 22, 2018, 8:26 AM

There is so much money in it for each City, especially for cities like Cleveland, no way it can be rigged anymore. They need as many home games as they can get, so I just don't believe the whole rigged conspiracy. The athletes are too good, too competitive and the money is not being shared by a city, trust that one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right, each city needs as much money as they can get.

May 22, 2018, 8:57 AM

The NBA also can sell more ad time if they play more games. Thus, you get series that don't look competitive for 2 games, switch cities and it looks the other way, boom you get 7 games and all are as happy as should be expected.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boston needs to get one in Cleveland. If they can, then

May 22, 2018, 8:34 AM

Lebronski might want to go ahead and start working on his summer vacation itinerary.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Cavs relaxed in the second half and the Celtics

May 22, 2018, 10:13 AM

cut into the lead a bit. It wasn't as close as the final score. The Cavs played defense about half the time in the second half and the Celts still struggled to score. They are now officially in the heads of the Celtics.

Cavs in 6.

i have a tough time how the game has evolved into

May 22, 2018, 10:18 AM

biggest guy can shove smaller guy out of the way
they call it backing him down

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i have a tough time how the game has evolved into

May 22, 2018, 10:32 AM

this is why bron and his era cannot be compared to Jordan/bird and those guys....just he same as Russell and his era. Its not apples to apples. Just enjoy it and realize how athletic and great these guys are.

LeBron at his size is an absolute beast, his speed is incredible. They should do a 1,000 studies on his body when he dies.

Al Horford does that often. That debate has been going on

May 22, 2018, 10:40 AM [ in reply to i have a tough time how the game has evolved into ]

for the 45 years I've been watching the NBA. They allow contact, but you can't dislodge the player. It seems they give consideration to the relative size of both players, but I don't know the precise rule. Small guards SHOULD have difficulty bodying up a much larger player. The Cavs do a great job of getting the switches that put smaller players on James, and they just can't hold their spots like a larger player.

One other thing they do is allow too much contact against larger stronger players when they drive the lane. Lebron gets hammered on drives. Jeff Van Gundy and Mark Jackson commented after one drive, score and no call that "they could call a foul every time he drives the lane. They should have on that one."

Nave Batthews Aand???????????????***

May 22, 2018, 10:33 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic