Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Venables
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Venables

Aug 31, 2014, 9:34 AM

After a defensive breakdown like that last nie, you can remove any talk of Venables being on any short head coach list and move his name to a different type of list. That was a pathetic showing by a defense that was being touted as one of the team's strong ponts. . Anyone who disagrees has their blinders on.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Venables

Aug 31, 2014, 9:37 AM

If that's the case throw Chad Morris on that list. His play calling was horrible. Coach V did his thing despite having the defense on the field the entire second half..One first down for us...just one

Dud e needs to get a clue....***

Aug 31, 2014, 9:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were only down 3 with 10 left in the 4th

Aug 31, 2014, 9:38 AM

Venables isn't the reason we lost this game

Clemson

I don't have my blinders on....

Aug 31, 2014, 9:39 AM

I guess I just know more about football than you.

You can't expect the defense to keep going out there and stopping them with a short field.

That's the problem with a HUNH. If you can't get first down's, your defense gets no break and with a team like UGA that's strength is the running game it makes it even tougher on the defense.

Aug 31, 2014, 9:40 AM

Did we watch the same game? Our D looked great. We held them to 120 yards in the 1H. I want to see how any teams Defense does when their Offense is on the field for 1 minute with a 3 and out every single time in the 2H. End result on the D = Gassed.

Aug 31, 2014, 10:36 AM

You're on the money, there!

Bingo bingo bingo ...winner winner***

Aug 31, 2014, 11:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this a serious post, or an exercise in sarcasm?

Aug 31, 2014, 9:41 AM

Makes it much tougher to score with your D on the field the entire 2nd half.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2014, 9:41 AM

I guess that I have blinders on because we had no offense in the 3rd quarter(15 plays 22 yards of total offense)which in my book falls on the shoulders of the offensive coordinator,not the defensive coordinator.
You want to remove Venables name from the short list
of potential head coaches.
I suggest you remove Chad's name as well.
Our offense,or lack thereof in the second half was just as much to blame for the loss.
By the way,have you noticed just how much success Chad has had the last couple of seasons against teams with better defensive coordinators,like Lorenzo Ward ,and Jeremy Pruitt.

Aug 31, 2014, 9:42 AM

I agree the Talent was there last night to beat UGA. Our coaches chit the bed that team in the second half looked poorly coached.

I smell a low football I.Q..... this is on Chad***

Aug 31, 2014, 10:04 AM

Re: I smell a low football I.Q..... this is on Chad***

Aug 31, 2014, 10:40 AM

Unfortunately, Morris deserves most of the blame. I keep waiting for him to Not panic during Big Games... Sucks really. Any sign of trouble, he loses his mind -

Re: I smell a low football I.Q..... this is on Chad***

Aug 31, 2014, 10:57 AM

It is on Chad but for different reasons. If you notice during audibles both quarterbacks were checking with the running back what was the play. Stout was worse and it shows he doesn't know the playbook. That is coaching and preparation. This led to delay of game and time outs which also takes us off stride.

Aug 31, 2014, 10:16 AM

There were a lot of things that went wrong last night ... most of it was on the O side of the ball. I do wish our D was better conditioned to handle a 4th quarter like that though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic