Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vegas is dumb
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,094

Vegas is dumb

Dec 5, 2017, 2:45 PM

How in the world is Alabama a favorite in this game? I know that they're closest to New Orleans and how some of their players are going to be healthy, but seriously Jalen Hurts can't throw a football if his life depended on it, they have a seriously injured defense, and their last game was a 12 point loss. They barely survived a 8-4 Mississippi State team and their best win is an OK LSU Team that lost to Troy. I have a really good feeling that Alabama will be this years playoff punching bag.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no bamer fans and SEC homers are dumb

Dec 5, 2017, 2:49 PM

all these homers and such are probably throwing money at bama blindly. Vegas has the line set accordingly to try to get more money to be played on our side. Those buildings in vegas didnt build themselves.

However, vegas has taken it on the chin the last few years in regards to us in the playoffs. I remember stories on how vegas took a bath after we scored the last td 2 yrs ago to cover, and then again took a bath last yr when we won straight up

Re: no bamer fans and SEC homers are dumb

Dec 5, 2017, 3:07 PM

Exactly. Vegas is into $, not college football. They'll lay odds on the tortoise and hare if they can make some $ off it.

Shhhhhh...

Dec 5, 2017, 2:57 PM

...don't tell anyone. We need to keep this quiet. Let the rest of the world believe in Bammer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lines are set to get equal money on both sides .. has

Dec 5, 2017, 3:00 PM

nothing to do with who "they" think will win. Lines then move up or down according to the number of wagers and amount of wagers placed in an effort to achieve a 50/50 split.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smart enough to build pools in the desert***

Dec 5, 2017, 3:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vegas Isn't Dumb

Dec 5, 2017, 3:02 PM

Vegas doesn't try to project the winner or the margin of victory they set lines to get money on both sides of the bet. As much as they want to win they want more to minimize downside risk. Money will go to Alabama based on the name, the sharp's will see value in Clemson and before kickoff there should be equitable money on both sides of the bet..... if not Vegas is pulling hard for where they have risk. Doesn't have anything to do with who they think is going to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vegas Isn't Dumb

Dec 5, 2017, 3:07 PM

They didn't build all those big shiny buildings in Las Vegas by losing money!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

They still set the line on who they think should be the ....

Dec 5, 2017, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Vegas Isn't Dumb ]

favorite. They are amazing at setting the lines too. Then people bet from there and they hope it balances out.

Vegas Isn't Dumb.

Dec 5, 2017, 3:09 PM

People that give Vegas their money are dumb.

Vegas doesn't care about resume. They use predictive

Dec 5, 2017, 3:14 PM

metrics as a base line and then tweak it based on where they expect the money to go. Bama was #1 in a lot of those metrics before they lost to Auburn, and one loss by 12 points on the road against another top 5-10 team doesn't hurt you much in those.

It really shouldn't have come as any surprise that Bama would not only be favored over us, but also the favorites to win the CFP as soon as they got selected.

And i really don't think we are any better than they are. Two evenly matched teams IMO. Should be a heckuva game.

Re: Vegas doesn't care about resume. They use predictive

Dec 5, 2017, 3:37 PM

They don't tweak based on where it WILL go, they tweak based on where it IS going. They are looking to be net neural and make in on the gross transaction(s). They are looking for risk, but to eliminate it.

BAMA's pulling $ based on name rec. If you think they're that dumb, i'm sure someone out there will take the other side!!!

Re: Vegas doesn't care about resume. They use predictive

Dec 5, 2017, 3:40 PM

Correction, meant to type: "They are NOT looking for risk, but to eliminate it."

Tigers > Pedophiles***

Dec 5, 2017, 3:28 PM

Vegas isn't dumb. People who complain about spreads are dumb.***

Dec 5, 2017, 4:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,094
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic