Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Atlanta
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Atlanta

Dec 24, 2012, 12:08 PM

Which would you folks recommend in Atlanta, the zoo, aquarium or World of Coca-Cola? Going down a few days ahead of the game and just looking for some suggestions. Definitely planning on visiting the Cyclorama. Thanks in advance. KP.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Atlanta

Dec 24, 2012, 12:12 PM

Stone Mountain? I dont speak from experience as I have always wanted to go but maybe others could comment

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I live outside of Atl and

Dec 24, 2012, 12:18 PM

They are all great. World of Coke is my favorite. Stone Mountain is also great. Especially If you have kids.

Dec 24, 2012, 12:23 PM

#1 = Aquarium.
IF you have kids..The Stone Mountain..but plan on doing Snow Mountain their.

If you don't have kids..add the Cheetah to the list :^) j/k

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also..again..if you have kids

Dec 24, 2012, 12:29 PM

The Tellus Museum in Cartersville..VERY short drive north of the ATL..is AWESOME

no cheatah club -- try Oasis for sure***

Dec 24, 2012, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Atlanta ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

aquirum is a must -- stone mountain ok this time

Dec 24, 2012, 12:42 PM

of the year. Typically in the summer they have the lazor show and you can youtube that to see it. It is great show for cheap. At this time, I am not sure about all the activities in stone mountain but it is worth it for few hours. Also, you will need half a day for the Aquarium.

Oooh,, yeah. You got to try the Varsity for the experience and not the food by the bees university on North Avenue by GT. The onion rings are good..

Merry Christmas,,,

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

also if you are single -- here is the phone # for my ex

Dec 24, 2012, 12:45 PM

Good luck with her, 404-bad-blow.

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Varsity hot dogs***

Dec 24, 2012, 12:55 PM

Varsity hot dogs greatly overated***

Dec 24, 2012, 2:44 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do NOT

Dec 24, 2012, 1:00 PM

Go to the underground

Re: Do NOT

Dec 25, 2012, 2:43 AM

For the love god DO NOT GO TO THE UNDERGROUND. That place is ridiculous and totally blows my imagination on how that place is still open for business! They essentially just built a brand new project in downtown atl...Good god

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Ga Aquarium. Hands Down

Dec 24, 2012, 1:10 PM

World of Coke is next door and you get a discount if you take your ticket stub from the Aquarium (vice versa). So you might as well do both.

From there, you're 100 yards from a good sports bar (STATS). Must be over 150 TV's in the place.

While I'm at it...

Food....
- Varisty for the the experience. (Get a Orange cream drink)
- Vortex (Peachtree & 7th) & Farm Burger (Piedmont St, Buckhead) have the best burgers.
- Taco Mac for the wings and Beer selection (100 on draft, usually 200+ on bottle)
- DaVinci's or Ray's for the pizza.
- Tin Lizzy's (Buckhead) - food is good, scenery is Amazing, if you get my drift.
- Bars - Deadwood Saloon the night before the game (Clemson Party hosted my Clemson Tom. Jesse Rice will be performing). Others: Yard House (Atlantic Station), STATS, Front Page News, Hudson Grill, Cypress Street, and just about anything in Va Highlands. Crescent Ave has Deadwood Saloon, Front Page news, Ri Ra, Cosmo Lava, Tin Lizzy's (#2), and others.
- For breakfast - Flying Biscuit or Homegrown (my favorite). Seriously, this hole in the wall looking place on memorial makes the best d@mn gravy, sausage and chicken biscuits ever.

Strip Clubs (hey a few mentioned it...)
- Oasis is good (but not close if staying in Midtown) it's 1 exit north of 285 of Peachtree Industrial
- Mardi Gras - Off Northside Dr on 285 (1 exit east of 75, near Chat. River)
- Pink Pony
- Cheetah

Parking....
- Look for signs or you'll get booted. park Atlanta are like Vultures. Atlantic Station parking is free for the first 2 hours. Parking can be tough at times, just pony up the money, but drive around little first. (there is a parking lot next to DaVinci's Pizza that is $6 all day (I think) and you are across the street from the Arts Center Marta Station and within walking Distance of Crescent Ave.

Hope this helps. Enjoy and have a good time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Zappa plays Sat night

Dec 24, 2012, 1:14 PM

Zappa Plays Zappa. 8 p.m. Jan. 29. Variety Playhouse.

Get your groove on...

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If stone mountain is still doing

Dec 24, 2012, 1:21 PM

Laser show this time of year it's pretty good. Although I thing that is a better thing for spring or summer

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Dec 24, 2012, 1:28 PM

http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/explore-the-aquarium/events-and-programs/citypass.aspx

Do NOT go to underground atlanta on NYE. I repeat: do not

Dec 24, 2012, 2:09 PM

go to underground on NYE. Biggest mess you have ever seen in your life after the game. Stay clear!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

World of Coke and the Aquarium are right next to each other

Dec 25, 2012, 1:02 AM

Can do both in one day!

Make sure you eat at the Vortex

The Brick Store in Decatur***

Dec 25, 2012, 8:40 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to Antico Pizza on Hemphill Avenue

Dec 25, 2012, 8:55 AM

It's authentic, delicious Napolitano pizza with a BYOB option and a great communal atmosphere. Also, check out the neighborhood of Virginia Highlands for food and drink... beautiful, safe neighborhood for a night out with or without kids. If you're bringing kids, the Fernbank Museum is always an option. For breakfast, hit up Rise-N-Dine near Emory or The Flying Biscuit in Midtown.

Dec 25, 2012, 10:31 AM

1-aquarium. 2zoo

Hudson's Grill Near Dome and CNN

Dec 25, 2012, 12:54 PM

There is a new Hudson's Sports grill that is supposed to open this week just across from CNN very close to the Dome. I'm sure it will be packed especially since it will be grand opening, bowl game and New Year's.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic