Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vandy Search Info (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,481

Vandy Search Info (link)

Jan 13, 2014, 6:24 PM

comes from Vandy writers I believe-

http://www.anchorofgold.com/2014/1/13/5304080/the-vanderbilt-coaching-search-breaking-down-some-likely-candidates

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmm

Jan 13, 2014, 6:31 PM

"SEC lure too much"; "bring Morris to the real south" which doesn't even make sense geographically. Yea, I'd wager it's an "$EC" writer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt about that.

Jan 13, 2014, 6:38 PM

I don't think they have the juice to hire Morris. I know they've got the money but their history says "You'll never do it here," to me.

Anyway, good luck finding anyone who can raise Vandy's status out of the cellar with UT and UF making stides to return to the top of the conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No doubt about that.

Jan 13, 2014, 9:09 PM

If morris were to take the vandy I don't think the idea would be to get vandy to the top. It would be to add head coaching to the resume and hopefully do well enough to get a bigger job. With vandy being as talented as they have ever been it could be a stepping stone job. It would also be a huge risk though because its a tough job and could tarnish your reputation rather than help it. If he wants to be a head coach you have to start somewhere but I would put a great deal of thought into taking the challenge at vandy

Comes from Vandy fan writers. Stop posting stuff from...

Jan 13, 2014, 6:36 PM

SB nation. All of their writers for their college sections are just fans who have no insight or inside information about the school they are covering. We can pay Morris more to be OC than Vandy is willing to pay him as HC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comes from Vandy fan writers. Stop posting stuff from...

Jan 13, 2014, 6:40 PM

2 things- one we probably can pay him more and 2 two-'ll post what I like within the rules of the board.

If you had maybe asked in a nice way I'd listen but that approach - nope

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

besides, you're a Legend.***

Jan 13, 2014, 6:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re We will not let him write his check. There is a stopping.

Jan 13, 2014, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Comes from Vandy fan writers. Stop posting stuff from... ]

point.

Re: Comes from Vandy fan writers. Stop posting stuff from...

Jan 13, 2014, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Comes from Vandy fan writers. Stop posting stuff from... ]

Don;t think the Clemson can pay him more than vandy can is a very educated position

What moron thinks Clemson will pay 4 mil for an OC. Vandy actually pays more for their head coach than Clemson does.

Clemson and Dabo know to spread it around to highest Coord in the game in Morris and Coach V one of the highest paid D coords in the game.

Need good Xs and Os when a school chooses to take a CEO type coach who never called plays as a coord

Dabo is the CEO, face of the program can handle the Iptay meetings, the media etc because neither Coach V or Morris are very good at that

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definition of a moron is someone who thinks any

Jan 13, 2014, 7:53 PM

decent head coach would go to Vandy for less than 4 million. Congrats.

Did Mr. Franklin listen to the SEC lure

Jan 13, 2014, 6:55 PM

Or the SEC money? Or did he step on Vandy like the go nowhere job that it is.

If that little segment wasn't enough for ANY

Jan 13, 2014, 7:08 PM

Tiger fan to absolutely HATE the the SEC and their water carriers I don't know what will. The real south? You got to be kidding me?!

Re: Did Mr. Franklin listen to the SEC lure

Jan 13, 2014, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Did Mr. Franklin listen to the SEC lure ]

Didn't he take the job at a school that was just sitting on a razors edge of getting a death sentence. That Vandy job must be tough for a coach to leave for a school on a hundred years of probation that can only recruit like three players a year.;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes apparently the SEC

Jan 13, 2014, 7:11 PM

Has also redefined borders in the US.

Re: Vandy Search Info (link)

Jan 13, 2014, 7:40 PM

"but the lure of a head coaching job in the SEC could be too much for them to compete with"

Wow. The conference doormats much like the coots think they are royal curtains.

Morris at top of Vandy list...

Jan 13, 2014, 8:50 PM

http://vandypride.com/chad-morris-at-the-top-of-vandys-wish-list-mason-and-hudspeth-also-in-the-mix/

Re: Morris at top of Vandy list...

Jan 13, 2014, 8:54 PM

you coots. hey dad you never did say how you could let a kid of yours live in that cesspool that is columbia. please god tell me you did not send a girl down there.

IMO

Jan 13, 2014, 9:10 PM

It's just not a very good fit for The Chad. Not that he is going to get anything much better for a first HC job but he could have a better fit like a big 12 school. Baylor would be perfect if Briles leaves in a year or 2.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Vandy Search Info (link)

Jan 13, 2014, 9:30 PM

If Morris wants to go to a dumpster fire team in the sec, bye bye. Just make sure to schedule a home and away with us. Beating sec teams seems to mean that we are there with the sec. Kinda like we are an sec team in the acc,OMG!!!

That would be a nice stepping stone for Chad***

Jan 13, 2014, 9:38 PM

Love that they put Clemson under "The Smart-School" heading

Jan 13, 2014, 10:30 PM

with Stanford. Putting Clemson in company with Vanderbilt and Stanford shows how our academic reputation has blossomed.

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,481
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic