Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Value of Howards Rock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Value of Howards Rock

Jun 28, 2013, 8:30 PM

Don't know about anyone else, but the Rock being valued at less than $2,000, concerns me more than the person who did the damage.
As I posted when it was first reported how do you put a value on History, Tradition & Pride
This really needs to be addressed by AD, Adm or us as fans and members of The Clemson Family

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When is Antiques Roadshow in town?

Jun 28, 2013, 8:32 PM

kidding...i totally agree with you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When is Antiques Roadshow in town?

Jun 28, 2013, 8:35 PM

Put the broken piece on ebay and see what it goes for. Then u know what to charge him with

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Value of Howards Rock

Jun 28, 2013, 8:42 PM

There may not be a way to put an actual number to it but you can look at this board right now and see it is very valuable. Hypothetical here, but what if college football was banned and all the schools started auctioning things off. What would it take to be the one to leave with that rock? Nobody is getting it for 2000 dollars. I hate clemson and I would pay more than that for it.

Do you know what you have when you chip off a piece of rock?

Jun 28, 2013, 8:45 PM

You still have a Rock!

It's a ROCK!

You wouldn't understand...

Jun 28, 2013, 8:47 PM

because you let a chicken in a cage wearing tights dance around to a played out song while he's sprayed with fire extinguishers.

Total Value - about 20 bucks.

Now go away...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..that rock is also thousands, maybe millions of years old..

Jun 28, 2013, 8:50 PM

...seen a lot in its time.....

"Spanial" So is a Diamond

Jun 28, 2013, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Do you know what you have when you chip off a piece of rock? ]

what's your point

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you know what a chicken is?

Jun 28, 2013, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Do you know what you have when you chip off a piece of rock? ]

An animal born to die. It is food.

Your only traditions include parking lots, empty warehouses, fire extinguishers, a PVC cage, eating your own mascot before games, and rail cars that only the rich can step in.

gtfo, coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Do you know what a chicken is?

Jun 28, 2013, 10:31 PM

Sentimental value means something to those concerned, but bin actual value it means little.

Re: Do you know what you have when you chip off a piece of rock?

Jun 29, 2013, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Do you know what you have when you chip off a piece of rock? ]

Actually, you have two rocks.

and your mascots' a chicken.. A CHICKEN.

Jun 29, 2013, 2:42 AM [ in reply to Do you know what you have when you chip off a piece of rock? ]

and even cal-poly's banana slug 1 up's a chicken!

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't put a price on a priceless object ...

Jun 28, 2013, 8:49 PM

$2,000 ... $2 billion dollars.

Basically it is just a random piece of stone given to Frank Howard years ago which he used as a door stop in his office for quite a while.

In that sense it is worth practically nothing.

But over the years it has gone from being a rock to "The Rock" and in the process has gone from being worthless to priceless.

It's still just a piece of stone, but it has become irreplaceable ... no amount of money could replace it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone know the value of The Trade Mark Paw

Jun 28, 2013, 8:54 PM

maybe it's time to Trade Mark "Howards Rock"

Re: You can't put a price on a priceless object ...

Jun 29, 2013, 12:42 AM [ in reply to You can't put a price on a priceless object ... ]

And Yankee Stadium was the "house that Ruth built" with much more history than howard's rock. The world didn't end when they tore it down.

That just doesn't work

Jun 29, 2013, 2:35 AM

Yankee stadium was torn down because it was obsolete. Howard's Rock was not obsolete, it ism't going to be replaced with new Howard's Rock. While the rock has no real tangible value neither do a good number of things people hold sacred. My wedding ring isn't worth much as far as actual value, you might get a hundred bucks for it a pawn shop, but it is worth significantly more to me than anyone else.

Would you pay $2000 for it to put in your livingroom?

Jun 28, 2013, 8:51 PM

Well, yeah, I guess we all would.

Re: Would you pay $2000 for it to put in your livingroom?

Jun 28, 2013, 8:58 PM

Sounds like a very good investment
Maybe we should form an Investment LLC. Trade Mark and lease it, sell pictures & shirts

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic