Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Va Tech athletic director says ACC Network requires all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,578

Va Tech athletic director says ACC Network requires all

Jul 23, 2016, 12:24 AM

member schools to develop an on-campus television studio. He estimates the cost at $1 to $2 million.

Since Clemson will be doing that also, I wonder if it would be a good time for the university to start a broadcast journalism major. It would be a good addition to what is offered by the school, good at attracting students, and would not hurt athletic recruiting one bit.

Here is a link of the interview:

http://virginiatech.sportswar.com/article/2016/07/22/virginia-techs-whit-babcock-weighs-acc-network/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looking at how the quality of media production has improved

Jul 23, 2016, 7:32 AM

at Clemson over the past few years, I think we already have the facilities. The coots in the legislature are going to protect their alma mater's journalism school at all costs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Looking at how the quality of media production has improved

Jul 23, 2016, 7:57 AM

I know we have radio studios in the Martin Conference Center. And the athletics video team has facilities but idk about a legitimate television studio. But we have all the foundational facilities

Already in West Zone...***

Jul 23, 2016, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Looking at how the quality of media production has improved ]

We don't need their stinking money.***

Jul 23, 2016, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Looking at how the quality of media production has improved ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking at how the quality of media production has improved

Jul 23, 2016, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Looking at how the quality of media production has improved ]

Agree...they will fight paying for a second state school to have the same program.

When I was in school, my program could only have an undergraduate and masters program. They decided that since there was a PhD program in my field in Columbia, that Clemson did not need a PhD program.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1

Jul 23, 2016, 8:14 AM

But I think sports journalism may be what you were shooting for. The last thing we want to do is turn our a bunch of Fox or CNN reporters. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We already have one

Jul 23, 2016, 8:24 AM

at the Madren Center. It's called Clemson TV.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just broadcast with i-phones and save a mil or 2***

Jul 23, 2016, 8:25 AM

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,578
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic