Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
VT fan told me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

VT fan told me

Apr 14, 2013, 10:30 PM

"If Chad leaves Clemson will lose their success that they had did not have before Chad" Why does teams in the ACC don't remember the 80's?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because VT wasn't there in the 80's?

Apr 14, 2013, 10:33 PM

And because VT fans aren't that bright to begin with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Here's what we did to VT in the 70's and 80's

Apr 15, 2013, 11:54 AM

1977 Clemson 31 VT 13
1978 Clemson 38 VT 7
1979 Clemson 21 VT 0
1980 Clemson 13 VT 10
1984 Clemson 17 VT 10
1985 Clemson 20 VT 17
1986 Clemson 14 VT 20 only loss
1987 Clemson 22 VT 10
1988 Clemson 40 VT 7
1989 Clemson 27 VT 7

Even though they weren't in the ACC, they got enough ### kickings from us that they should remember them.

Yep and I saw everyone.......great times!***

Apr 15, 2013, 1:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Chad Morris learned his offense in a few years from...

Apr 14, 2013, 10:45 PM

Malzonne (sp???) and he was an HS coach that could only spend limited time with him. Do you not think a great yong coach like Jeff Scott can learn it in a few years working with this man every day. This is year three. We will be fine. I could take a few points less on offense if we make it up on defense which should not be a problem. I think Jeff Scott is going to be a great OC for us in the near future. VT fans are just jealous they have an old coach that will not do what he needs to do to make VT a winner. He will not change his offensive scheme. He is another TB that has more senority.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After Chad I think

Apr 14, 2013, 10:49 PM

Jeff Scott will get a good look for OC.

I hope not, I hope Dabo goes out and works his magic

Apr 14, 2013, 10:51 PM

again.

he has a talent of hiring good asst coaches, the money helps too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope not, I hope Dabo goes out and works his magic

Apr 14, 2013, 10:53 PM

exactly, there are plenty of Quality OC's out there and Clemson has proven it is willing to pay top notch salaries to keep them here./

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.^

Apr 14, 2013, 10:59 PM

Love Jeff, but I'd hate for him to get wrapped up in a situation like Billy Napier did and then we have let him go to.

Re: Agreed.^

Apr 14, 2013, 11:36 PM

I disagree. It's not the same situation. Jeff has been mentoring for 3 years under one of the best OCs in the business. Napier was not being groomed like Jeff is, and Chad is a much better teacher. It would be irresponsible for Dabo to first look in house. If Jeff isn't ready then look to hire from outside.

Re: Scott is great at what he's doing now.

Apr 15, 2013, 1:58 AM [ in reply to Agreed.^ ]

I'd hate to see a great position coach and recruiter like Scott put into the fire without more experience. Being a great recruiter and a great WR coach is a huge accomplishment. Being an OC or Head Coach is not the end all be all of every assistant coach.

Not a good idea

Apr 14, 2013, 11:59 PM [ in reply to After Chad I think ]

When Chad leaves (and yes he will) we need to go after another top notch OC. No need to risk a learning curve with a new coach that has not called played at the college level.

Dabo has already went down that road once by hiring Napier, he won't make the same mistake again thankfully.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jeff is prob gonna be the next OC, hear he is being groomed

Apr 15, 2013, 2:36 AM

for it. If his training sticks, the offense won't miss a beat. If he brings in a new guy, theree will be a learning period for the offensive players. Maybe even a year or two.

Re: Jeff is prob gonna be the next OC, hear he is being groomed

Apr 15, 2013, 4:41 AM

I know he can handle it - - I'm just glad he's being groomed before thrown into the fire. Hopefully it'll be a while.

Totally agree. Wouldn't surprise me if CDS let Jeff call a

Apr 15, 2013, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Jeff is prob gonna be the next OC, hear he is being groomed ]

game or 2 this year.

Makes great sense and our head coach is a great manager !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: If Chad Morris learned his offense in a few years from...

Apr 14, 2013, 10:50 PM

Chad hung out with malzonhn for a week or two amd people act like Chad was luke and Gus was Master Yoda.

Re: I hope not, I hope Dabo goes out and works his magic

Apr 14, 2013, 10:54 PM

Ehhhh I agree but once upon a time who was Chad Morris? I have no doubt Dabo when ever the time is will make a homerun hire again.

that's my point, dabo went out and found him

Apr 14, 2013, 10:57 PM

hopefully the days of small ball are over at clemson. I think dabo learned from the Napier experience and knows quality assts make a difference

dabo might not be the best HC/gameday coach in country, but he's a top manager and seems to know people which makes him a great manager

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eh

Apr 15, 2013, 12:07 PM

Tommy Bowden went out and "found" Rob Spence, who was supposedly an offensive mad scientist or something, so these things are hit or miss. I'd rather have a Jeff Scott with 3 years learning under Chad Morris than take a chance on another mid-major OC working out.

I wouldn't have wanted Scott to take over as OC if Morris had left this offseason, but if Morris leaves after this coming season, I think Scott will have enough experience in the system to be able to take the reigns without much of a learning curve.

Shouldn't they be worried about finding another really tall

Apr 14, 2013, 11:56 PM

TE to play QB? As long as they stick to their 'recipe for success,' I think we'll be fine...

is this even English?***

Apr 15, 2013, 3:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad stays...

Apr 15, 2013, 4:06 AM

Another 2 years . I have insider info from a very deeply intrenched , highly knowledgeable individual that is friends with someone who once got an autographed jersey that Chad signed for a friend of his/hers.... but ive said too much already.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Does he mean "Clemson will not be as successful if Chad..."?***

Apr 15, 2013, 7:30 AM

My head hurts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VT fan talking football? haha

Apr 15, 2013, 10:17 AM

What's the average weight on their oline? 225?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: VT fan told me

Apr 15, 2013, 10:44 AM

There are 2 schools of thought in managing things. (1) You can be a GREAT HC and surround yourself with average coaches (Ex: Saban) or (2) You can be an AVERAGE HC and surround yourself with GREAT coaches (EX: Dabo). No offense to Dabo - he's a great recruiter. I still don't see him as a GREAT coach like Saban. Sorry to offend those that think otherwise, but Dabo will simply replace any coach that leaves with another GREAT coach. Someday, Dabo will be a GREAT coach - he has it in him - but he is no Saban today.

Didn't Jeff run this type of offense when he won the State

Apr 15, 2013, 11:47 AM

Championship at Blythewood(sp?)? Also, wasn't the Byrnes coach at PC the year he was there ? Now , 3 years under Chad, Jeff will be the next great OC. Napier didn't have this type of traing. He was thrown into the fire(with less talent) by a first time HC, that usuall hire their friends.

Re: Didn't Jeff run this type of offense when he won the State

Apr 15, 2013, 1:31 PM

i look at it this way Jeff's father ran some of the best offenses in the country at different locations, i bet the apple doesnt fall far from the tree

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly

Apr 15, 2013, 9:39 PM

People forget that Brad was the OC when FSU ran the "Fast Break" offense with Charlie Ward.

Ill bet Scar sure does remember***

Apr 15, 2013, 2:05 PM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic