Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WHO to blame?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 323

WHO to blame?

May 11, 2020, 11:11 AM

"The Republican strategy of blaming China for America’s woes stemming from the coronavirus is politically potent, according to new polling: 73 percent of U.S. adults say the Chinese government bears at least some responsibility for the current deaths, tied with “Americans who didn’t socially distance” as the most blamed entity. Of the 12 groups and organizations listed in the survey, China is the most blamed entity among Republicans, and the fourth most among Democrats."

http://morningconsult.com/form/nearly-3-in-4-americans-blame-the-chinese-government-for-americas-high-death-count/

Looking back it doesn't seem to matter what steps were or were not taken to prevent the US from being part of this pandemic, it seems inevitable now. Perhaps all we might have done better was try to isolate the class of people who were most likely to die, nursing homes and those with underlying conditions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just put old people in "Isolation Camps"?

May 11, 2020, 11:18 AM

Are you going to rehire the Obama death panels to decide who goes and who doesn't?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just put old people in "Isolation Camps"?

May 11, 2020, 11:34 AM

Well, my statement was benign but if you must get political I'm your huckleberry.

I was thinking more along the lines of doing more to protect those in nursing homes by providing PPE, to those running the facility and increasing their lot of test then Cuomo not ordering that nursing homes allow Covid patients to be shipped back to infect the other older people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow. Just sad.

May 11, 2020, 11:32 AM

So who does China blame? Who does Zimbabwe blame? Who does India blame? Who does Peru blame?

I blame absolutely no one. If someone polled me and asked me who I blamed, I say no one. Maybe God if I was forced to pick something. Sure China lied. So have we. Lies or truth, it won't change anything. The fact however many people actually bit on that just means we are not handling it as well as we could. All of this was well known by our government, and actually known by them before most people in fact. When China locks down a city of 11 million people, you know #### well it will be here soon, if not already. And you also know they wouldn't do that for some flu virus.

But most of all, I guess I'd blame ourselves for trying to assign blame in the first place. It does no good to try and blame someone for something you can't blame anyone for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Placing blame is a human reaction to every bad situation.

May 11, 2020, 11:42 AM

It's natural and as I said, in retrospect it doesn't appear anything was going to stop the spread. However, the massive influx of EU travelers to NYC may have made the spread there worse than it had to be.

That's pure speculation but so is social distancing. We've discussed the life expectancy of airborne covid virus and coupled that with the fact that almost every family has one member meet at the local grocery store bringing the infection home.

However, if the virus was leaked from a lab we might actually have a culprit.

Uuummmm

May 11, 2020, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Wow. Just sad. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well it escaped a Wuhan lab...so........

May 11, 2020, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Wow. Just sad. ]

Their lack of protections and then (it looks like) telling WHO to delay is definitely their fault.

I don't want to blame something like this, but when you let it out and then hide it, you're at fault.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep...nothing I can add to that.***

May 11, 2020, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Wow. Just sad. ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Build that wall!***

May 11, 2020, 1:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 323
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic