Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm surprised that more Clemson folks aren't talking about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

I'm surprised that more Clemson folks aren't talking about

Nov 23, 2014, 3:14 PM

how bad our offense was against GAST, the worst team we've played in 10 years.

I would have thought this topic would dominate the board.

Georgia State fans will tell you they were all expecting to give up 60-70 points.

In their last 3 games to Troy, Appalachian State and Georgia Southern, they gave up 45, 44 and 69 points respectively.

This season a Div II school Abilene Christian put up 37. I've been following Sunbelt football all year, and Georgia State has the worst FBS defense I have ever seen. Seriously, ever. Worse than Orange Bowl against West Virginia, worse than Reggie Herring at his worst... worse than anything from the Big XII.

Georgia State (1-23 over the last two years) held us to fewer points than they did against anyone else all season. And they play in the worst conference in the FBS.

Georgia State fans are saying it's the best defensive performance they have seen in years.

This is the worst coached offense I have ever seen at Clemson. That includes 2010. That accounts for the severe personnel issues. It's not that we are not getting better, we are getting WORSE every week. Every defensive coordinator has outcoached Chad Morris.

And so many otherwise intelligent Tiger fans have been duped into thinking it all hinges on one Quarterback... as if our complete failure on offense can be totally attributed to that.
Our defense has been excellent, but our offense makes it nearly worthless.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are not alone.***

Nov 23, 2014, 3:19 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I'm surprised that given an easy win...

Nov 23, 2014, 3:19 PM

more of you aren't pointing out how wonderful it was to see all the Seniors play in front of a huge crowd on Senior day.

I think if we'd cover that delightful subject thoroughly you may not have been surprised that we weren't worried about the final score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm surprised that given an easy win...

Nov 23, 2014, 3:27 PM

We are not NOT concerned about the offense. But the focus was get the game under control early and let the seniors play.
That is what happened yesterday. 60 points would have been fun. But that was not the goal.
We know our offense is not what we want/expect. Yes we worry and are concerned.
But we won yesterday, the seniors played, and we are now focused on next week.
Period

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm disappointed there are negative people like you...

Nov 23, 2014, 4:02 PM

Do you live to speak and spread negativity?

Are you aware that you made my point?

Nov 23, 2014, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm surprised that given an easy win... ]

The OP wasn't focused on next week he's whining about the offensive production on Senior day.

I'm just not getting how we can be on different sides while we are on the same side.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm surprised that given an easy win...

Nov 23, 2014, 10:22 PM [ in reply to I'm surprised that given an easy win... ]

Exactly. We played people I never knew were on the roster. On Senior Day. We didn't need to blow them out anyway.

I'm was wondering where all these GA St. fans lived. Must

Nov 24, 2014, 3:22 PM [ in reply to I'm surprised that given an easy win... ]

be SC because it sure isn't Ga.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm surprised that more Clemson folks aren't talking about

Nov 23, 2014, 3:20 PM

Did we win?

Did we shut them out?

Did we win by 4 TDs?

Did lots of people get to play?

We are what we are - a great defense and not so great offense, particularly without Watson.

Dabo is not one for style points.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Style points wouldn't have done anything for us. I agree,

Nov 24, 2014, 3:25 PM

a lot of seniors did play. Game was over. A great moment for them. We did miss a field goal from our "starter".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does it matter?

Nov 23, 2014, 3:21 PM

Scoring 70 against them would have only given us a false sense of flattery on offense.

What we did Saturday will have little to no impact on this upcoming Sat.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does it matter?

Nov 23, 2014, 3:25 PM

What do you mean? Per some posters, Dye is a coot killer and the offense is now awesome due to this emerging running game.... Against a 1 win sunbelt team...

So when the offense struggles against a highly ranked D,

Nov 23, 2014, 3:29 PM

that is not an excuse. But if the running game looks better against a weak D, then it's because it's a bad D? I guess if it doesn't fit into the argument of dissing our coaches and players, then we can't rely on it?

No - scoring more would not have made us any better than

Nov 23, 2014, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Does it matter? ]

we are. Scoring 70 would not have meant we had a great offense. Obviously we were very vanilla anyway. Having said that, it's not that we didn't score 70, but we scored less than anybody has all season against a terrible defense, and that this terrible defense was able to stop us quite a few times when we did not want to be stopped. It's the culmination of one more lackluster offensive performance on top of many poor offensive performances this year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Leaving our starting QB out there into the 4th

Nov 24, 2014, 12:41 AM [ in reply to Does it matter? ]

Quarter of a tune-up game so he could get his knee twisted and hurt shoulder pounded again with the biggest game of our season ahead will have some impact, especially considering the unknown health and capability of DW. That was nuts, and didn't reflect well on Dabo's grasp of this level of the game.

I agree with the OP to an extent. It seems like our playcalling has been parking its nads outside the stadium come gametime this season. I hope they figure it out by Saturday.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With some spectators it doesn't matter WHAT the coaches

Nov 24, 2014, 3:33 PM

do and don't do. Some people can never be pleased and the last thing the coaches need to do is worry what spectators think.

Nov 23, 2014, 3:21 PM

Maybe.....just maybe...the Tigers are saving it for the coots...you don't show are of your cards in a game...a good poker player..keeps his cards close to the vest.....GO TIGERS.......BEAT the COOTS....

Agree on scar, but zero points on the second half? Really?***

Nov 23, 2014, 4:19 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BEAT. THE. COOTS.

Nov 23, 2014, 3:29 PM

Is that matters

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 3:30 PM

Points are not important,wins are.We cranked up our
hoss (Dye) in this game and won 28-0.What would it
matter if we had scored 50? We won and played a lot
of youngsters.Enough said.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GaState has played 6 power conference teams this year***

Nov 23, 2014, 3:30 PM

I'm one of the ones who just doesn't get it

Nov 23, 2014, 3:34 PM

I suppose I fit the category of Clemson fan who doesn't understand what you are complaining about. I mean so as one poster says if we had put up 70+ points on, and let me highlight this for you "Georgia St" then you would have felt better? That's just insanely small of you. What would be the point? Some people really are not happy with the color of the bag if given a million dollars. Anyways Go Tigers and beat the chickens!

What have you been reading? I thought that's all everyone

Nov 23, 2014, 3:35 PM

was talking about.

BUT Cole improved his confidence level....

Nov 23, 2014, 3:36 PM

...which is what's really important, right?

As long as we can get him some more confidence against USuC, that'll be great, even if we lose, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2014, 3:39 PM

Do you enjoy being and agitator? We all know what you think about the offense so give it a rest. It's going to be nerve racking enough this week without people like you telling us how bad you think we are. I just don't get your mentality.

At this point, what difference does it make?***

Nov 23, 2014, 3:39 PM

What I'm surprised at.... is this post...

Nov 23, 2014, 3:42 PM

good Lord.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I agree with what you say about our O

Nov 23, 2014, 3:43 PM

I disagree with you making that assumption based on yesterday's game. I think we used yesterday as a scrimmage. We got Dye in and got him a lot PT, we played a lot of guys on offense. If we wanted to score more, we could have. We put up 28 in the first half.

I know our O has been vanilla all year, but yesterday consisted of about 10 different plays.

Our offense has major problems. No doubt, but I would not say that because of yesterday's performance.

Nov 23, 2014, 3:45 PM

This isn't exactly the place to talk about things that are obvious or true, sorry man. Cole Stoudt is the man and been the best player on this offense for a long time, that's what you've gotta bring to this board. Dabo doesn't like running up the score lol D2 teams do tho lol

Nov 23, 2014, 3:48 PM

That's just asinine! And you wonder why people dare call you a coot?

Nov 23, 2014, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm surprised that more Clemson folks aren't talking about ]

Spoken like a true DA

Oh, look, Completely Solid Coot has shown up...***

Nov 23, 2014, 3:45 PM

Nov 23, 2014, 3:47 PM

Actually they looks similar to Scar on paper. Just not as fat and slow

Clemson played over 60 players

Nov 23, 2014, 3:53 PM

scoring more points what would that have proven
1st and 2nd teams got rest
Everyone should know by now Dabo is all about getting the "W"
playing players to add depth not about the points

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Using that logic, the Georgia State offense scored

Nov 23, 2014, 4:04 PM

35 against South Alabama's defense that only gave up 30 points to the coots. So we got that going for us.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:26 PM

I agree, to be shut out in the second half yesterday is not good. People can make all the excuses they want to, just to feel better. This O without DW is one of the worst in CFB this season. There is no excuse for them to be playing as bad as they are.

Nov 23, 2014, 4:27 PM

You follow sunbelt football?? Lol

Were you around when we beat Tulane 13-5 and a bad KY 21-3?

Nov 23, 2014, 4:36 PM

That team was pretty good.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

God some of our spectators are pathetic. Please go pull for

Nov 23, 2014, 4:36 PM

Oregon, I guarantee they'd keep all starters in and throw up 100 on a team that's been beaten since 10 minutes into the game. How do people end up this stupid?

Re: God some of our spectators are pathetic. Please go pull for

Nov 23, 2014, 4:40 PM

It starts with lead paint and inbreeding ...you can imagine for yourself where it ends up and how procreation isn't always the best option for everyone.
Every fan base has them , Hillbilly Beater.
The Coots ratio leads the nation ...somewhere in the 42 to 1 range and it looks to be increasing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: God some of our spectators are pathetic. Please go pull for

Nov 23, 2014, 10:29 PM [ in reply to God some of our spectators are pathetic. Please go pull for ]

Hahahaha! Well said as always hillbilly beater!!!!!!!

I agree the offense wasn't great, but you're way overstating things***

Nov 23, 2014, 4:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many Clemson fans have gone full Coot. The level of denial has

Nov 23, 2014, 10:13 PM

reached a climax. Getting beaten 5 in a row has sent our traditionally moderate, rational fanbase into a cootish tailspin. I love Clemson and our tradition is 2nd to none, but many who associate themselves with this great institution, are bending reality completely backwards to protect their pride.

I believed in Tommy Bowden until 2008. I'm not exactly a crazy pessimist. My post record speaks for itself. Clemson Nation is infected with madness unlike ever before.

Re: Many Clemson fans have gone full Coot. The level of denial has

Nov 23, 2014, 10:15 PM

You're a loser congrats.

null

Nov 23, 2014, 10:19 PM

Very intelligent response.

Nov 23, 2014, 10:21 PM

So says the moron who posted a driveby troll post then left only to come back and bump said troll post hours later.

I stand behind my first post due to the facts posted above. You are in fact a pathetic loser.

#### off troll.

null

Nov 23, 2014, 10:22 PM

Your emo chest thumping is worthless in this thread.

Nov 23, 2014, 10:25 PM

"emo" I dont think you know what that word means.

If anyone qualifies as emo it would be the attention starved little #### who is posting threads to cause a rise and disappearing like a fart in the wind. Dont let facts get in the way though little buddy. I am sorry your mommy didnt hug you enough as a child.

null

Nov 23, 2014, 10:32 PM

You have not said a single thing that is actually acknowledging anything I said. You are just having a tantrum because you think you are defending something you stand for. I have not insulted any student athletes I have not insulted my institution.

Look at your posts. You are behaving like a dog who only knows how to bark and show its teeth. What are you accomplishing other than impressing other emotional tantrum-throwers? You really think you are getting under my skin? I'm only responding this way because I have a selfish interest in shaming childish people.

If you want to be relevant as an adult... talk like an adult. Explain why what I said was was stupid. If you are right... then your points will stand on their own. You are just having an emo fit.

Nov 23, 2014, 10:44 PM

Why should I give a serious response to anyone who isnt looking for conversation. If you were then you woudlnt have waited 6 hours to come back to this thread.

Those are the facts here little buddy. You are a troll. That is the very definition of trolling. You can get pissy all you want doesnt change the facts of the matter.

"What are you accomplishing" What did you drive by trolling accomplish? What did bumping a 6 hour old thread accomplish?.....

"Act like an adult" Adults dont troll message boards.

Other people explained why what you said was stupid. You ignored them because you didnt care for a conversation.

Go back into your hole you pathetic troll. You are just pissed because I called you out on your bull ####.

null

Nov 23, 2014, 10:50 PM

Just like I thought, more emo chest thumping without substance. It may work on your wife, but not me. Been fun needlessly venting at a tantrum-thrower. Here's smiling at you. :)

Enjoy the last word, if you want it.

Nov 23, 2014, 10:55 PM

Yep as I suspected get called out on your bull #### adn run away with your tail between your legs.

Maybe next time before you come back and make a pathetic troll attempt drive by you can learn what the term "emo" actually means.

Pathetic ####### loser.

null

I'm surprised that you don't know how many injuries we have...

Nov 24, 2014, 10:22 AM

on the team, especially the OL. Coaching can't do anything about that. I am satisfied that it was a shutout, and that a lot of seniors got to play.

P.S. Did you even bother to notice Tyshon Dye?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I was surprised that he left Cole in and that Cole got

Nov 24, 2014, 3:18 PM

pounded, since he is injured anyway and that fumble, he looked like his right arm/hand was hurt!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree***

Nov 24, 2014, 3:48 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I'm surprised more fans aren't talking about

Nov 24, 2014, 3:19 PM

how well our defense played. Again. Best Clemson D I've ever seen.

Look for the same result. 3rd teamers getting on the field early 2nd half***

Nov 24, 2014, 3:46 PM

Just glad GAST took a knee with 14 secs on their own 8

Nov 24, 2014, 4:10 PM

they could have scored twice.

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic