Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney ranked #22 highest price per win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney ranked #22 highest price per win

Jun 3, 2015, 9:45 AM

Swinney ranked #22 highest price per win

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Swinney ranked #22 highest price per win

Jun 3, 2015, 10:05 AM

Funny part is Dabo being considered a bargain, and that's likely only counting half of it...doubt they even looked at how he was giving some of his salary to his staff. Straight from a similar story: http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/40610/swinney-gives-clemson-bang-for-the-buck "Swinney, who signed a contract extension last month, earned a raise to increase his salary to $2.2 million this year, but he agreed to take $300,000 less to help compensate his staff."

Jun 3, 2015, 3:27 PM

Well if he took 300,000 less from Clemson so that they could distribute it to the assistants then his salary would be $300,000 less and then this would be factored into the ranking. Unless Clemson paid him and he personally gave it to his assistants, which I don't think happened.

Jun 3, 2015, 10:15 AM

Cost per graduate would be an interesting topic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2015, 6:46 PM

The knight commission has that info

Thanks Cole!!

Jun 3, 2015, 10:19 AM

Hopefully Dabo remembers this and keeps Cole on the short list for QB coaches in the future!

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Thanks Cole!!

Jun 3, 2015, 10:20 AM

Don't you mean thanks Cole for losing us a couple of games and making Dabo drop down the list?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

No, because I chooose to support ALL of our coaches and

Jun 3, 2015, 10:21 AM

athletes who work so hard for our program, and not tear them down like some people do so on here

Go Tigers!!

Re: No, because I chooose to support ALL of our coaches and

Jun 3, 2015, 10:26 AM

In All seriousness, I was beyond happy to see him have an amazing game against OU. Couldn't have asked for a better ending for a kid that gave his all the entire time he was here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

I think he coulda done that the whole year if

Jun 3, 2015, 10:29 AM

he was healthy and had the proper game plan in place for him

Not saying I thought he's better than DW4 of course

Oh boy.***

Jun 3, 2015, 10:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Check your math

Jun 3, 2015, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks Cole!! ]

> Don't you mean thanks Cole for losing us a couple of
> games and making Dabo drop down the list?

The more games a coach WINS, the less his per-win salary is. Charlie Strong is at the top because Texas didn't win many games. If we had lost more, we wouldn't have paid Dabo less, so his per-win salary would have gone up and he would have been higher on the list. (Not that I'm buying the "Cole lost those games" claim. I won't criticize a player because his talent level is not what we want it to be. I never saw him give up, and I can't say that about some on the team. You might as well blame Watson for getting hurt.)

Re: Check your math***

Jun 3, 2015, 4:22 PM

Thank you captain obvious....

Obviously, I meant moving down in a derogatory way, not literally.

Cole hasn't had a problem since his shoulder and ### healed.

Jun 3, 2015, 10:31 PM [ in reply to Thanks Cole!! ]

It took seven weeks for his shoulder to heal but his azzhole healed less than a week after Dabo pulled Chad's thumb out of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Urban Meyer is pretty incredible. You would have a hard

Jun 3, 2015, 10:40 AM

time convincing me he isn't hands down the best coach in CFB.

Yep. It's him and Saban 1A and 1B. I love Swinney but ...

Jun 3, 2015, 12:20 PM

would take either one in a heart-beat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep. It's him and Saban 1A and 1B. I love Swinney but ...

Jun 3, 2015, 2:21 PM

I would rather have Dabo than either of them... A heck of a lot more character than either of them...both of those schools recruit the players. Here our coaches are selling Clemson and family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still prefer Dabo...

Jun 3, 2015, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Yep. It's him and Saban 1A and 1B. I love Swinney but ... ]

I'm not a big Urban fan. Seems like a shyster. Nick is good, but not as human as Dabo.

Jun 3, 2015, 11:09 AM

Coach Dabo is so much more than a coach. He is an Ambassador of Clemson University. He loves CLEMSON. He, his staff and his players (current and former) are speaking about Clemson. Baseball and basketball players that do make it in the pros or with their education and job after Clemson, become donors too. Some of them even give Clemson credit for where they are in their careers. This speaks well for Clemson. He is a WINNER in my book and it shows in his love for his players. Coach V is the same way and probably a few more coaches on our staff. Go Tigers!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic