Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Updated NIT projection....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Updated NIT projection....

Mar 12, 2016, 8:55 AM

Still a 6 seed...traveling now to Houston.
We are listed in italics, which means we are a bubble team.

http://www.nycbuckets.com/current-nit-bracketology/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bubble team for the NIT?

Mar 12, 2016, 9:28 AM

Grand.

Is it between us and Quinnipiac or Northwestern St. for this cherished spot?

Just end this season. Let baseball have center stage.

~JKB

Re: Bubble team for the NIT?

Mar 12, 2016, 9:58 AM

Speak for yourself I want out guys to play as many games as possible

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 12, 2016, 3:20 PM

Whats embarrassing is how someone that joined 2 months ago has managed to get such a low pulse. Give it a rest.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2016, 7:36 PM

What's embarrassing is that you care about a pulse number

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I agree completely

Mar 12, 2016, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Bubble team for the NIT? ]

If I thought for once second this team deserved it and could get better by going I'd still say, he!! No stay home and face the facts they suck! Embarrassment hasn't been a great motivator for this program but at least we are consistently embarrassing. End this misery

Amazing how some of you begged and pleaded to go to the Humanitarian Bowl

Mar 12, 2016, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Bubble team for the NIT? ]

when we were a mediocre football team, but want to refuse an NIT invite if we get one. NIT is a good tournament and you go if invited.

Those of you who want to turn it down are probably the same ones who would complain if we have a poor nonconference record next year. Has it ever occurred to you that the extra practice time and game experience could really benefit us for next year?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

nice comparison***

Mar 12, 2016, 6:55 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, "shoot it" and put it out of its misery

Mar 12, 2016, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Bubble team for the NIT? ]

Enough is enough, I would not step foot on the court till some fundamental issues are fixed ie blowing big leads with minutes left in a game. This team needs to learn how to FINISH, CLOSE THE DEAL, whatever

Message was edited by: OhWiseOne®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NIT = Not In Tournament... Not interested, I have moved on

Mar 12, 2016, 10:05 AM

to baseball season.

Re: NIT = Not In Tournament... Sadly this was once a big

Mar 12, 2016, 11:27 AM

tourney and b 4 the field of NCAAT expanded was close to equivalent in stature. It isnt now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Updated NIT projection....

Mar 12, 2016, 10:09 AM

The season is officially over in my Book.
A one and done in the NIT would just be the icing

Mar 12, 2016, 11:00 AM

It seems to me that they have already suffered enough embarrassment with the GT loss in the ACCT. And they want more? If so, then let them go for it. I just don't get that logic.

To me - this is like asking a girl to dance AFTER the music stops.

If you've ever messed up at work, the best thing is to have the

Mar 13, 2016, 9:51 AM

opportunity to get back in and correct it asap. At least, thats how I feel.
I hope this team has the chance to find a little redemption.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Clemson Admin likely wants to end this season and start

Mar 12, 2016, 11:20 AM

looking towards next year as soon as possible. It's obvious they have been focused on next year, sacrificing the past couple of seasons in the process. There is nothing to gain by continuing to play. No need to prolong the current struggles and give fans more reasons to complain.

Let's move on to next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Admin likely wants to end this season and start

Mar 12, 2016, 11:35 AM

That is just idiotic to say sir. Go Tigers let's go to MSG!!

Re: Clemson Admin likely wants to end this season and start

Mar 12, 2016, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Clemson Admin likely wants to end this season and start ]

There is plenty to gain, PRACTICE. When you go to post season in any sport you get to practice more that has to be a plus. It certainly can't hurt any of our players to practice more

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Like Earl Grant of CoC suggested, tournaments are overrated

Mar 12, 2016, 1:04 PM

from a practice standpoint and sometimes it's best to start looking towards next year.

“Something could change over the weekend, but I really don’t think we’ll be playing again,” Grant said. “With the depth that we have, I think it’s probably in our best interest to just shut it down for the season. I think this group deserves to play in a postseason tournament, but overall, I think it’s in the best interest of the program to give the guys some rest, get some guys healthy again and start looking toward next season.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that just sounds like sour grapes because he doesn't

Mar 12, 2016, 1:06 PM

think they will get a bid

No. His administration decided to decline after discussions

Mar 12, 2016, 1:12 PM

with two of the tournaments. They were in, they just didn't feel it was beneficial.

Re: that just sounds like sour grapes because he doesn't

Mar 12, 2016, 1:13 PM [ in reply to that just sounds like sour grapes because he doesn't ]

No it sounds like a reasonable, well grounded coach that's not desperately seeking yet another game to prove he is not in WAY over his head and therefore somehow deserving of his $1.7 million dollar salary. He's an honorable man unlike our loser!

well that sounds fair and unbalanced***

Mar 12, 2016, 1:17 PM

The CBI and CIT are a different story.....

Mar 12, 2016, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Like Earl Grant of CoC suggested, tournaments are overrated ]

Schools have to bid and pay money to play in those tournaments.
But if teams like Syracuse, Michigan, Ohio St., Florida, etc. are projected in the NIT, it is not nearly as shameful as some here are claiming it to be.
And with all due respect to Coach Grant, if you haven't actually taken a team to any sort of post season tournament as a head coach, I'm not sure you really know if it would help or not.

Have we been to a tournament since he left?***

Mar 12, 2016, 1:34 PM

No, which is all the more reason to go.....

Mar 12, 2016, 2:41 PM

It's not like missing the postseason last year helped us get ahead this year.
I believe coach Grant left with KJ 2 years ago, after the last NIT run.

It's not like going to the NIT with KJ helped us the next

Mar 12, 2016, 3:40 PM

year.

You can't say that.

Mar 12, 2016, 7:22 PM

The only way to know for sure is if we could go back and refuse the NIT, then play the next year under the same exact circumstances. Otherwise, there is no way to know if the extra experience helped the returning players. I can guarantee you this: it certainly didn't hurt. And I'm sure it helped on some level.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yes you can.

Mar 13, 2016, 9:48 AM

Look at the record.

I understand the frustration of fans, but....

Mar 12, 2016, 11:50 AM

If you get a NIT invite, you go and play more basketball.
While we are frustrated with the GT game, had we won and then lost to UVA, we'd still be in the NIT.
It's OK to not be happy with the overall direction of the program and actually pull for the team in a post season game. While this team had the opportunity to be a NCAA team, they didn't get it done, but perhaps they did enough overall to go to the NIT. For that to change, coach is going to have to figure out how to win early season games and finish a season strong. Right now those 2 things are hindering our program.
I'm skeptical of how the team will respond, but hope they get the opportunity.
There are programs in the NIT that routinely show up in the NCAA tourney, I doubt you'll see them turning down a bid.
So I hope we get one and will pull for the team to finish better than they did Thursday.

So, we can only hope that being even more of a devastating

Mar 12, 2016, 1:03 PM

Failure by getting embarrassed in the NIT by losing to some division 3 program will force Brownell to do the honorable thing and resign? If that would be a quarenteed outcome I'd say go to the NIT! Otherwise, stay the heck HOME!

Mar 12, 2016, 12:03 PM

Hope we don't make it so we can blame our coach. He needs to go ASAP

Mar 12, 2016, 1:30 PM

Could not agree more. Let's move back into LJ with a fresh coach and a fresh start.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i feel like a punchline should follow

Mar 12, 2016, 1:07 PM

Your opening statement.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic