Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Updated ACCCG participants
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,015

Updated ACCCG participants

Nov 4, 2018, 8:16 AM

Here is what I see for the ACCCG:

ACC Atlantic:

- CLEMSON is in charge of their destiny. Win out (BC, Duke) and they are the only undefeated team in the conference. If CLEMSON loses to BC, then BC would need to lose 1 of (FSU, SU) for CLEMSON to still win the Atlantic.
- BC is also in charge of their destiny. Win out (CLEMSON, FSU, SU) and they would own the TB over CLEMSON. If they lose to CLEMSON, then they would be eliminated. If they beat CLEMSON, then BC would also need to win out (FSU, SU) to win the Atlantic.

Eliminated:
NCSU – Bowl eligible
SU - Bowl eligible
UL – No Bowl possible
FSU – Must win 2 of (Notre Dame, BC, Florida) to reach a bowl. FSU has never missed a bowl in our lifetime. Well for many of us anyway.
Wake - Must win 2 of (NCSU, Pitt, Duke) to reach a bowl.

ACC Coastal:

- Pitt is a 4-loss team, but is in charge of their destiny. Win out (VT, Wake, Miami) and they would own the TB against UVA and VT.
- VT is in charge of their destiny. Win out (Pitt, Miami, UVA) and they win the ACC Coastal and they would own the TB against UVA and Pitt.
- UVA will need help. Win out (GT, VT) and they would own the TB against VT, but would need Pitt to lose 2 of (VT, Wake, Miami) since Pitt owns the TB over them.

Eliminated:
Miami - Must win 1 of (GT, VT, Pitt) to reach a bowl. Maybe 2 if Savannah St does not count – not sure.
Duke - Bowl eligible
GT - Must win 1 of (Miami, UVA, UGA) to reach a bowl. Maybe 2 if Alcorn St does not count – not sure.
UNC - No Bowl possible. Their ONLY win was Pitt, who might win the Coastal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Updated ACCCG participants

Nov 4, 2018, 8:21 AM

Great info! Thanks for the analysis!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 8:51 AM

I’m not sure about multi-team tie breakers, but it would seem there are still scenarios where one of the current 3 loss teams could win the Coastal! That division is a complete mess this year.

Nov 4, 2018, 8:56 AM

I looked hard for that, but Duke and Miami were the only possibilities a couple of weeks ago. Both of those teams have lost another game in those two weeks, so both teams require that the remaining contenders lose more games than are left to play. Please update the possibility if I missed one.

Nov 5, 2018, 1:45 PM

It seems to me that if GT wins out (Beats Miami and UVA), then Pitt loses out, and VT loses to UVA and Miami, and Duke loses 1, then GT would win the tie-breaker with fellow 3 loss Virginia.

If Miami wins out, then Duke loses any 1, Virginia loses both, Pitt loses to Wake as well as Miami, VT loses to Pitt as well as Mia, then Miami wins the tie-breaker with fellow 3 loss Pitt.

If Duke wins out, then Miami wins out, then Pitt loses out, Virginia loses out, then VT, Duke, and Miami all finish with 3 losses and I am not sure what the tie-breaker is in that scenario.

So many moving parts in all of these scenarios though, I could be wrong.

Sadly, it won't be any more clear next week either

Nov 5, 2018, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Updated ACCCG participants ]

I say this thing is coming down to the last week of the regular season and will hinge on these 2 games:

UVA @ VT
Pitt @ Miami

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,015
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic