Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Upcoming basketball schedule.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 556

Upcoming basketball schedule.....

Jan 10, 2019, 12:39 PM

After last night’s road loss, we should be a little nervous about getting back to the tournament. There is still a path there, but we have to navigate a very difficult next couple of weeks.
In the non-conference we came out OK....with a few decent wins and no “bad” losses.
But we have our work cut out for us....
We are currently 10-5 (0-2).
My guess is that going 10-6 the rest of the way locks in a tourney birth (20 wins, 10-8 in ACC will do it). 9-7 would be bubble...but with a signature win or two, we’d be OK.
But we might start off 1-5 in conference play....that would put us in a hole.
I assume we’ll get it together enough to win the home games against unranked teams, and steal a couple on the road. But can we win one or two of the four home games we’ll have against ranked teams UVA, Va. Tech, FSU or UNC?

at # 1 Duke (L)
at Syracuse (L)
# 4 UVA
Georgia Tech
at # 13 FSU
at # 15 N.C. State
Pittsburgh
Wake Forest
at Georgia Tech
# 9 Virginia Tech
at Miami
at Louisville
# 13 FSU
Boston College
at Pittsburgh
# 12 UNC
at Notre Dame
Syracuse

I’m penciling in home wins against GT, Pitt, Wake, BC and Cuse on Senior Day. (That’s 5)
Give me three road wins out of the following (at GT, at Pitt, at Notre Dame, at Miami, at Louisville)...would get us to 8 wins.
Then there’s the ranked games...4 at home, 2 on the road....can we at least take one or two of those?

The key is to not completely lose it here in the first couple of weeks...the schedule improves vastly after the game in Raleigh....but after that there’s not much room for error...and we need to play better overall.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Upcoming basketball schedule.....

Jan 10, 2019, 6:36 PM

If we don’t figure out better chemistry I believe the team will be borderline NCAA or NIT, but next year will be more difficult due to senior losses.

Go Tigers ??!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 556
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic