Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perhaps the Offense should up the tempo a bit in 2020
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Perhaps the Offense should up the tempo a bit in 2020

Jan 20, 2020, 5:52 PM

in order to get more plays in for our ridiculous collection of skill talent we're going to have?

We've definitely paced down some as this historic run has gone on, especially with TL under center, but considering the overall talent edge we have across the board when it comes to our 2020 schedule, it seems an excellent opportunity to pick it back up a bit, with a higher substitution frequency, QB included.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perhaps the Offense should up the tempo a bit in 2020

Jan 20, 2020, 5:56 PM

Agree with the class we have coming. Shouldn't have to score much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Up tempo or no, what drives me absolutely batsh!t is

Jan 20, 2020, 6:01 PM

for our team, or ANY team, to get up to the line, ready to go, and THEN sit on their haunches while the play gets signaled in. That, to me is a sign that the coaches have not done their homework ahead of time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Up tempo or no, what drives me absolutely batsh!t is

Jan 20, 2020, 6:10 PM

Maybe, just maybe it's an attempt to prevent the D from substituting, and/or the OC is reacting to the D's formation. But what do I know.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we were really humming with the HUNH, defenses

Jan 22, 2020, 4:58 PM

didn't even have time to formation. But, that is why they changed the rules to allow the defense to sub if the offense subbed, slowing down the game once again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 7:23 PM

Yeah, I mean going 29-1 over the past 2 seasons with this offense is terrible. 5th in total offense and 4th in scoring offense is just not acceptable. I watch all the games and play NCAA 1999 on my playstation 2, so maybe I should apply for the OC job.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 8:49 PM

Whatever floats your boat, hombre. There was zero criticism upstairs - only hoping for more plays per game so our sick deep skill ensemble gets more touches.

The best is yet to come.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2020, 11:41 PM

Our offense needs better passing schemes moving forward wouldn't hurt to get more aggressive in our playcalling. With our schedule it's easy to go status quo but when we play the elites.

No gimmicks needed, just find the weakness and exploit it.

Jan 20, 2020, 11:45 PM

See Clemson v LSU

we have talent and depth. We should definitely use tempo

Jan 22, 2020, 5:45 PM

More in games. It was one of the best parts of the Chad Morris offensive system (targeting 85 plays a game)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2020, 6:03 PM

How about giving Travis Etienne more carries or touches sounds like a solid plan to me.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic