Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Unsurvivable Storm Surge"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

"Unsurvivable Storm Surge"

Aug 26, 2020, 8:37 PM

No wonder people scoff at the Global Warming / Climate Change hysteria.

So the death toll should be in the millions for this storm ?

Louisiana will smell of rotting flesh for months.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So knock on wood,

Aug 26, 2020, 8:50 PM

hoping it doesn't happen, but if New Orleans gets destroyed again, can we at least agree not to keep rebuilding it?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, there will be areas where there is unsurvivable storm

Aug 26, 2020, 8:53 PM

surge. This is a Andrew, Hugo, Katrina type hurricane. Fortunately, it's not hitting a densely populated area. 15-20 storm surge and 150 mph winds will kill most anyone trying to ride it out without a plan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lake Charles, Beaumont area could be very bad.

Aug 26, 2020, 9:06 PM

Visited area several times on business—— seemed very flat. Hopefully locals evacuated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weather guy on WYFF4 says 40-60mph winds Saturday

Aug 26, 2020, 9:02 PM

In Western NC and Upstate. What a lunatic.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess you’ll find out how good a job your roofer did***

Aug 26, 2020, 9:42 PM

Re: Weather guy on WYFF4 says 40-60mph winds Saturday

Aug 27, 2020, 5:14 AM [ in reply to Weather guy on WYFF4 says 40-60mph winds Saturday ]

He is right.

40-60 mom winds Saturday for parts of the upstate and Western NC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Unsurvivable Storm Surge"

Aug 26, 2020, 9:10 PM

What if you are on like the 10th floor?

Aug 26, 2020, 9:16 PM

Did I miss something, are millions of people deciding not to evacuate? That would be bad. :(

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do hurricanes always seem to hit at night?***

Aug 26, 2020, 9:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deep state weather control conspiracy to keep

Aug 26, 2020, 9:35 PM

Republicans scared of anything "dark."

Re: Deep state weather control conspiracy to keep

Aug 26, 2020, 9:40 PM

Republicans will be the ones out cleaning up the next day. Dems will be the ones on social media crying about FEMA checks.

Aug 26, 2020, 9:43 PM

I think a lot of republicans will be found floating in their attics because climate change is a hoax.

Aug 26, 2020, 9:45 PM

Aug 26, 2020, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Deep state weather control conspiracy to keep ]

No one claims that the climate doesn’t change. Maybe call your progressive friends in California, and tell them how much carbon credits they need to buy for their state being on fire all the gd time.

Aug 26, 2020, 10:15 PM

I cannot understand why people say most of us don't believe in Climate change. The Climate is always changing. 10,000 yrs ago there was an ice age. It is the nature progression of the earth. Can we stop it? no, can you scare people into doing what you want by saying the sky is falling? yes Does the bible forecast climate change? yes. Please tell us how we can stop Climate change.

Aug 26, 2020, 10:44 PM

when you are done teaching us about climate change, can you also lend your medical expertise? One of my pupils is larger than the other and my left arm is numb. it is probably nothing, but I wanted to get your expert medical opinion and confirm that this is completely normal.

Aug 26, 2020, 10:46 PM

Don't worry about it have another beer that should do it.

Aug 26, 2020, 10:48 PM

wish I could, sobered up 2 years ago.

Aug 26, 2020, 10:50 PM

There is your problem drink more think less.

Aug 27, 2020, 5:44 AM

It's not a hard concept, people just make it hard.

The more carbon you dump into the atmosphere, the more heat you trap. This causes long-term climate change that can result in problems owing to higher seasonal temps, glacial meltoffs that raise sea level, and a lot more storm activity.

The more heat we dump into the atmosphere, the more damage we do.

Not a hard concept. Mind, there's a boatload of ways we can REDUCE that carbon load. At the end of the day, it's just a number - a big number, granted - but nothing our technology can't fix since it was our technology that created the problem to begin with.

Like, in the 1980's we were punching holes in the ozone layer by dumping too many CFC's into the atmosphere, mostly through use of hairspray. We banned those with the Montreal Protocols and hey, the ozone layer appears to have largely repaired itself and we aren't going to be flash-cooking future generations with super-high UV levels.

Similar awareness and tweaks will get us where we need to go with greenhouse gases. We don't need a "Green New Deal", we just need awareness and a pragmatic plan and we'll get there just fine.

Unless people complicate it by making a mountain out of a molehill, that is.

It's fixable, people. And we don't need leftist radicalism to achieve it.

There is no carbon in the atmosphere

Aug 27, 2020, 8:35 AM

Well in California there might be from the fires and soot.

By far the largest greenhouse gas is water vapor. It accounts for approximately 60% of the warming effect.

Our atmosphere

78% Nitrogen
21% Oxygen
The last 1% includes
CO2 .04%

Which is up by .005% over then last 2 or 3 hundred years.

A portion of climate change can be attributed to green house gases include CO2 Is it 1% 5% 30% of course nobody can say for sure. Ice ages will come and go base on the earth wobble no matter what we do.

Some of that .005% CO2 can be attributed to man and some of that can be attributed to man that lives in the USA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Deep state weather control conspiracy to keep ]

It is our oceans that are trapping and storing this heat, not the atmosphere. Destabilizing our ocean currents destabilizes our air currents. It is the reason out jet stream has begun to wobble and resulting in unpredictable weather patterns.

Hurricanes feed off warm ocean surface temps, the rapid intensification of storms we see in the gulf, despite the claims of some on this board, is a new thing.

You really missed your chance.

Aug 26, 2020, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Deep state weather control conspiracy to keep ]

Should have gone with dems will be out looting. We were looking for looting.

Re: You really missed your chance.

Aug 26, 2020, 9:59 PM

Ok, I hate you, but props on that find ????

Same reason chili dawgs only bark at night?

Aug 27, 2020, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Why do hurricanes always seem to hit at night?*** ]

wait, wut?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Way to mock serious danger

Aug 26, 2020, 9:52 PM

What a ####

This guy knows his weather and is a good Clemson guy to boot and I’ve never seen him so shook

https://www.facebook.com/thewxguys/videos/864235784104376/

Busted link***

Aug 26, 2020, 9:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Search for The Weather Guys on the buddybook

Aug 26, 2020, 9:55 PM

Link works for me don’t know what the problem is

This storm grew far stronger than many in LA and TX

Aug 26, 2020, 9:56 PM

were warned about until this morning pretty much. Was still going to be bad but this thing has shaped up into a real wrecking ball.

Let's keep those many folks in our thoughts tonight and upcoming over these next several days of flooding and recovery.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn’t we just divert it with a nuclear weapon. I heard a genius recommend this once.***

Aug 26, 2020, 10:35 PM

National Hurricane Center is stoopid! Chemchem 4 president!***

Aug 26, 2020, 10:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2020, 4:52 AM

If you stand on the shoreline and do not move you will die. They realize people will move and become safe.

Aug 27, 2020, 7:44 AM

Oh, come on. They do this to try and save people, to get them to evacuate. In addition, the storm grew more powerful than they expected and had a good chance to land in a populated area. Besides, you think the people who write/report/announce things like this aren’t aware they will catch crap from everyone with any type of vaguely related axe to grind if it doesn’t turn out exactly like what they said?

Never ceases to amaze me that after the fact all these people come out of nowhere using the knowledge of how a thing turned out to impugn/condemn the decisions/thoughts of someone who didn’t have that knowledge at the time.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic