Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Unsupported
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,560

Unsupported

Aug 2, 2012, 2:18 AM

Sorry, Chick-Fil-A loses

http://www.brandindex.com/article/chick-fil-takes-hit-fast-food-eaters

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The country's attitudes towards gays are changing….

Aug 2, 2012, 2:57 AM

I think a majority of the people in this country are either acceptant of gay people, tolerant of gay people, or think's it's none of their business what someone does with their personal life. This is even becoming true in the South.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The country's attitudes towards gays are changing….

Aug 2, 2012, 4:47 AM

I had a peach milkshake from Chik Fil A today and it was delicious. Apparently there aren't enough people boycotting because the line was 45 mins long, and I live up near DC where you figure they'd be boycotting more.

today was not a good day to judge time will tell***

Aug 2, 2012, 6:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

judging by the crowds yesterday, I think they will be just

Aug 2, 2012, 6:19 AM

fine GO TIGERS!

It's Not About Gays, It's about freedom & tolerance on both

Aug 2, 2012, 6:27 AM

sides. If they print the chart with this weeks numbers (which I doubt they will) you will see that America spoke and they are tired of being told how and what to think and being told "you are a homophobe if you don't accept MY Views". This time I believe the libs have awoken a sleeping giant. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know how much America spoke

Aug 2, 2012, 6:54 AM

A lot of times when I venture out and leave the South I'm reminded how far out of touch we are with the rest of the country. Sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes it isn't. Just seems people around here think everyone thinks like they do on a lot of issues, when in fact it's usually the opposite. Homosexuality being one of them. When I read articles about Chick-fil-a I see them talking about long lines in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas.

I don't really see the country as a whole jumping on this, just the South. This pretty much echos the country as a whole having a much different attitude than the south. Granted, there are exceptions everywhere, but right or wrong sometimes just because it seems everyone that you know around you agrees with your thoughts, it doesn't mean the rest of the country does.

It means the rest of the country is wrong.

Aug 2, 2012, 7:03 AM

The South will rise again!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL4Heisman

or that most of the Chick filas are in the south***

Aug 2, 2012, 7:06 AM

I have lived all over the country including 10 years in Mass

Aug 2, 2012, 7:20 AM [ in reply to I don't know how much America spoke ]

and I can say that a lot of the perception is media driven. By that I mean choosing which stories to report on or not to report on. I would contend that the latter is the case on this issue up North; however, I did get this headline from the New York Post site:

http://newyorkpost.com/

"Hundreds line up at NJ food court in show of solidarity for 'Chick' headIt took more than hour to order a chicken sandwich at a New Jersey Chick-fil-A yesterday as hundreds of diners descended on the fast-food chain to show their support for the company’s CEO — a vocal... Read Full Story "

Go Tigers!

Re: Unsupported

Aug 2, 2012, 10:26 AM

I don't understand how anyone could suggest Chick-Fil-A lost something. Thousands and thousands of people, many of which are not regular customers, showed up yesterday. Not necessarily in support of banning gay marriage but based on the fundamental premise that each of us is entitled to our own views, and that no Government official has the right to dictate those views. It was a tremendous outpouring of support for the First Amendment and a direct slap in the face to those Democratic politicians who think they can use their power to control a person's views with punitive economic measures. God bless the USA.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,560
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic