Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
??Unreal 2015 freshman enrollment stats..23,000 applicants for only 3,400 spots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

??Unreal 2015 freshman enrollment stats..23,000 applicants for only 3,400 spots

Nov 19, 2015, 10:03 AM

Clemson is that place under the Orange Sun.

GO#1CLEMSONTiGERS! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 applications have already eclipsed the 25,000 mark***

Nov 19, 2015, 10:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: 2016 applications have already eclipsed the 25,000 mark***

Nov 19, 2015, 8:06 PM

Where did yall see this? The inter webs says our acceptance is 52% but that seems high.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson was the only place I applied for back in the day. I

Nov 19, 2015, 10:53 AM

would have been SOL if I had not been accepted. Luckily, it all worked out, and I was able to attend school in God's Country and become a Tiger for Life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's so much more competitive now....

Nov 19, 2015, 11:17 AM

than it was when I was a student. I'm not sure I would get in today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I had good high school grades and really high SAT scores, so

Nov 19, 2015, 2:56 PM

I wasn't really too worried about getting in. Any of those aptitude type tests I could ACE easily. Tests that required actual studying on the other hand.... not so much. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That must be thanks to your extremely high IQ***

Nov 19, 2015, 3:01 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it was thanks to a lot of time spent downtown and

Nov 19, 2015, 7:04 PM

in the Student Union, instead of library studying, etc. :)

Me too. Why go anywhere else? Plus...

Nov 19, 2015, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Clemson was the only place I applied for back in the day. I ]

It's more competitive now, but it is also really easy to apply to many more colleges these days. Everything is on line so you don't have to send off for the big application packet. You can write an essay and copy and paste it for different schools etc.

Plus high school is easier and grade inflation has made college look easier. Higher and higher percentages of people earn college degrees these days. Money is easy to get, just sign on the dotted line and we'll send you a bill years from now after you are making big bucks with that shiny new degree. (Four years away is a long time for a 17 year old.)

Re: Clemson was the only place I applied for back in the day. I

Nov 19, 2015, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Clemson was the only place I applied for back in the day. I ]

I only applied to Clemson as well. I think I had my SATs sent to Furman and Georgia Tech because you could have them sent to three school without paying anything extra.

It's a lot more competitive now than when I applied back in 1989. I could see a difference between the students who were Freshmen when I was a Senior and the ones who were Seniors when I was a Freshman.

Same here. Early Acceptance

Nov 19, 2015, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Clemson was the only place I applied for back in the day. I ]

I'm from North Carolina, so I did the requisite tours of all of the great state schools in NC, and was left completely unimpressed in every way.

I asked my parents to drive an hour and a half south to Clemson, and within 15 minutes of being on campus, some students recognized that I was there checking it out with my parents and went out of their way to give us some guidance. 15 minutes later I looked at my parents and said "This is it."

Didn't bother applying to any other school.

My guess is the football success will really drive up applications after this year***

Nov 19, 2015, 7:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would like enrollment to go up some

Nov 19, 2015, 7:21 PM

We need a medical school. I wish I had a billion dollars to start it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More need for a Vet School but I could see us partnering

Nov 19, 2015, 8:08 PM

With a GVille Hospital for a Med School

new fact: Clemson is hardest college in SC to get into!

Nov 19, 2015, 9:32 PM

Congrats#1TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ??Unreal 2015 freshman enrollment stats..23,000 applicants for only 3,400 spots

Nov 19, 2015, 9:47 PM

Put down the hash pipe Bill. That's enrolled. Over 10,000 are accepted.

https://www.clemson.edu/admissions/undergraduate/documents/breakfast-presentation.pdf

Its 2014 numbers but it's straight from the Tiger's mouth so no disputing the numbers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic