Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Artavis Scott signs as undrafted free agent
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

FB Update: Artavis Scott signs as undrafted free agent

Apr 29, 2017, 7:48 PM

Artavis Scott signs as undrafted free agent

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

williams and scott together again***

Apr 29, 2017, 7:51 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

Apr 29, 2017, 8:09 PM

How is the all time leader(receptions) in school history not get drafted?....

That said congratulations and good luck tay!!!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

Apr 30, 2017, 11:21 AM

Hoping you mean, because you're pulling for him- you wanted him to get drafted.
Not, because you don't know why.

#### the combine. This kid deserved to get drafted

Apr 29, 2017, 8:10 PM

Hope he kicks ### in LA and gets the last laugh

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: FB Update: Artavis Scott signs as undrafted free agent

Apr 29, 2017, 8:14 PM

Rivers has a great receiving group.

I love Scott, but why the decision to go pro a year early?

Apr 29, 2017, 8:22 PM

Bad advice from friends or worried about incoming competition? Surely he would have still been a starter next year... Needed the money maybe? I was just a little surprised at his decision (and Gallman's), though Wayne's decision worked out.

Again, nothing against him, but I thought juniors typically only come out if they're projected in the top 2-3 rounds.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if he needed the money he still does, poor decision***

Apr 29, 2017, 8:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What else can he do but be a year older?

Apr 29, 2017, 8:59 PM [ in reply to I love Scott, but why the decision to go pro a year early? ]

He is mature and has the best highlights and consistent productivity. Plus graduated.

The worse thing an undersized player can do is come back because then he's just an old undersized player. He's got a short life in NFL and he has to get when he can. He has had knee scopes which took a step off , don't risk another year in college

Re: What else can he do but be a year older?

Apr 30, 2017, 9:44 AM

So he could do worse than an undrafted free agent if he came back for another year?

Re: What else can he do but be a year older?

Apr 30, 2017, 10:09 AM

He graduated.

Maybe he wants to go to work.

Extra years can give NFL teams more time to find problems with you - like Tajh Boyd.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I love Scott, but why the decision to go pro a year early?

Apr 29, 2017, 9:00 PM [ in reply to I love Scott, but why the decision to go pro a year early? ]

These kids won't listen to nobody when they feel that they are college hero's on their team and making plays. Hopefully with Clemson players they will understand that if they're are not a super superstar in their junior year, they better use their senior year just to make sure that the NFL is ready for them, and not the other round!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2017, 9:06 PM

Huh? Was he going to grow five inches if he played another year at Clemson?

He's already graduated and won a national title in his home town. What else could he have done? This is really his only chance to make it so I applaud the decision.

Apr 30, 2017, 4:05 AM

I agree with what you're selling, but I could see value in him coming back with a new QB, would have meant a lot more screens and WR runs = more touches and more highlights and more of the focus on Offense which would at least assured him to be drafted BUT we know how good he is so I feel he'll catch on in ST / Returns in LA and hopefully get to the promised land ??

Apr 30, 2017, 8:11 AM

The same height as Antonio Brown who was a FA. Only problem is Antonio ran a 4.4. I wish him the best though.

Someone needs to learn what it's like to be an adult.***

Apr 29, 2017, 9:27 PM [ in reply to I love Scott, but why the decision to go pro a year early? ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Apr 30, 2017, 4:31 AM [ in reply to I love Scott, but why the decision to go pro a year early? ]

I think Artavis had already maxed out his draft stock. Remember he was playing a lot of minutes for us even as a true freshman, so that's 3 full seasons of experience at the college level. If he's good enough to make it in the NFL, he'll make it now. If not, I really doubt another year would make much difference.. especially with the receivers we have coming back and big questions at the QB position. Best of luck to Mr. Scott. If nothing else, he'll always be a legend to us.. and he got that degree!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2017, 10:21 AM [ in reply to I love Scott, but why the decision to go pro a year early? ]

I hate it for him, but this will serve as a cautionary tale for many years to come for those Juniors with a little bit of success that start listening to the lure of the NFL. Most of the time it just DOES NOT work out. Now poor Tay has to go prove himself again while being "underpaid" for three years. During what may be some of his most productive years. That has millions of dollars in lost value.

Re: FB Update: Artavis Scott signs as undrafted free agent

Apr 29, 2017, 8:52 PM

Ta surely should have come back to school, it would have give him another year to show off his talent for a little longer. It may not have helped, but it surely wouldn't have hurt!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless he can get taller and faster in a year at Clemson

Apr 30, 2017, 9:25 AM

there's no reason for him to come back. There's already tons of tape on him out there since he was a major contributor for us for 3 years. What do you think he could do next year to help him get drafted higher?

The truth is that NFL teams just aren't looking for a short WR with very average speed that pretty much only catches screen passes and takes end-arounds in college. His game doesn't translate to the NFL. Great college player, but likely just not an NFL guy.

If he came back to Clemson he could work on his speed

Apr 30, 2017, 11:59 AM

which is the only thing holding him back. IMO he'll be ok but the NFL is not the place to straighten out major pieces of your game. He can make a ST impact and have a shot at making the roster.

YEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! ---

Apr 29, 2017, 8:52 PM

Help each other....carry each other....and look out for one another Mike and Artavis.

Congrats Artavis Scott, But Hold On ...

Apr 29, 2017, 11:12 PM

WRU's all time leading receiver doesn't get drafted? Another example of Dumb ### GMs and "analysts" in the NFL. Looking forward to see him play the week before the Super Bowl in the Pro Bowl game. Congrats bro!!!!

Re: Congrats Artavis Scott, But Hold On ...

Apr 30, 2017, 9:52 AM

NFL gm's could care less about someone being an all time leading receiver at a school if 80% of their catches are screens and jet sweeps. His yard per catch average is super low also and he didn't impress at the combine. It's not hard to see why he didn't get drafted. Great college player but the NFL has million players like him trying to get their foots in the door.

Clemson Paw Blacked Out?

Apr 30, 2017, 9:17 AM

Is the Clemson Paw on Scott's jersey neckline blacked out? On the image attached to the tweet.

Seems odd given the giant paws on the helmet and shoulder pads were ok.

Perhaps it was too close to the nike logo.

was probably a white jersey but they used Photoshop to

Apr 30, 2017, 3:54 PM

tone it. They probably just forgot to omit the white in the paw from toning it dark purple

So now he gets to

May 1, 2017, 5:27 PM

battle the #7 pick in the draft and his tiger brother for a spot with the chargers...yeah, that sounds like a piece of cake, no problem.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic