Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Uninformed Basketball Posts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 2,955

Uninformed Basketball Posts

Feb 13, 2020, 3:26 PM

Anyone calling for the ouster of BB this year is woefully UNINFORMED about our basketball program. This year from the outset was known by any KNOWLEDGEABLE fans as going to be a re-set in prep for the following year. This team has already surpassed any reasonable projections for wins especially in the conference even if we don't win another game ! We will be much better next season and it would be very unfair for a new coach to receive praise for what BB has started.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this acceptable in CBB's 10th season? should we be

Feb 13, 2020, 3:33 PM

expecting more?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you don't think rebuilding years are ever allowed?

Feb 13, 2020, 3:37 PM

Roy Williams is considered one of the best college basketball coaches in history, yet they are having a down year. Does this make him a bad coach? This is his 17th year at UNC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: So you don't think rebuilding years are ever allowed?

Feb 13, 2020, 3:44 PM

Roy Williams?

Judge, you need to get another court room to make this

Feb 13, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to So you don't think rebuilding years are ever allowed? ]

argument. I hate to even preference this, but are you trying to compare Roy Williams down year with BB "down" year? I mean, come on man, in 17 years at UNCheat he has a 75.9% winning percentage with 3 Nattys and 15 NCAA's.

Please don't ever make me do this again. I hate the Tarholes!

Re: Judge, you need to get another court room to make this***

Feb 13, 2020, 4:11 PM

Re: Judge, you need to get another court room to make this***

Feb 13, 2020, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Judge, you need to get another court room to make this ]

Re: Judge, you need to get another court room to make this

Feb 13, 2020, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Judge, you need to get another court room to make this ]

icutigris said:

argument. I hate to even preference this, but are you trying to compare Roy Williams down year with BB "down" year? I mean, come on man, in 17 years at UNCheat he has a 75.9% winning percentage with 3 Nattys and 15 NCAA's.

Please don't ever make me do this again. I hate the Tarholes!

. CBB may be a better coach than Roy. How hard is it win at UNC with their history and shoe contracts? Five star players flock to that program.

I'm not comparing anyone.

Feb 13, 2020, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Judge, you need to get another court room to make this ]

The post I responded to said that rebuilding in BB's 10th year is unacceptable. My question is, quite simply, if a rebuilding year is ever acceptable to that poster. Roy Williams, a great coach, is having a rebuilding year this far into his tenure. Is that acceptable to the poster or not?

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I'm not comparing anyone.

Feb 13, 2020, 5:10 PM

How many years do you think Roy could miss the tournament and still have a job at UNC?

comparison is not the same (UNC)

Feb 13, 2020, 4:18 PM [ in reply to So you don't think rebuilding years are ever allowed? ]

Yes, most of us knew that this team was challenged. But we are talking about year 10. The term "rebuilding" is self explanatory and assumes that there was something to rebuild. It was not built to begin with. We did not go to the dance 2-3 years in a row - from which to lower our expectations. We finished 9th last year.
Roy is rebuilding. Not building.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't making a comparison.

Feb 13, 2020, 4:23 PM

I was using Roy Williams as an example of a successful coach who is having a rebuilding year this far into his tenure. The implication is that good coaches wouldn't be rebuilding in their 10th year. If so, why would a hall of fame coach like Roy Williams be rebuilding now?

Bottom line: rebuilding years happen. Portraying them as unacceptable is stupid.

Re: I wasn't making a comparison.

Feb 13, 2020, 4:25 PM

gotcha - agree.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re-Building? Re-Building off what?

Feb 13, 2020, 5:06 PM [ in reply to I wasn't making a comparison. ]

Re-Building is fine when you've had a really good year and lost several players. To say that Brownell is re-building off a second round NIT loss is a joke. He has to go. Two NCAA appearances in 10 years is not acceptable under any circumstances. 14-16 probably this year which is just a further decline from the Sweet 16 season.

Feb 13, 2020, 4:39 PM [ in reply to So you don't think rebuilding years are ever allowed? ]

C'mon JK , he's only got two McDonald's All Americans starting for him this year and a bunch of scrub 4 and 5 stars otherwise ... did you expect miracles ?

DB23

Feb 13, 2020, 9:33 PM

Did anyone other than the Judge watch the game last night? One of the most impressive efforts of the year. Tons of energy, hustle, and Impressive shooting. There is a lot of young talent on this team. Dawes May be one of the best guards to ever play here before he is done.

Of course we should expect more than 1 season in 10 years

Feb 13, 2020, 4:47 PM [ in reply to this acceptable in CBB's 10th season? should we be ]

where you take your guys to the tournament. Every year but one has been a rebuilding year during the 10 year tenure of Brad Brownell.

The message from the AD is for us to find other interests. This is all you get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this acceptable in CBB's 10th season? should we be

Feb 13, 2020, 11:07 PM [ in reply to this acceptable in CBB's 10th season? should we be ]

Pretty adjustable goalposts you've got there. Sounds like you are more interested in the last 9 years than this one. No matter how well the team does this year, you don't get the last 9 years back.

So overachieving, laying groundwork for next season, ending losing streaks, developing several great young freshmen, outperforming last year's veteran team, blowing past all of DRad's measuring sticks for the program can't matter to you in any way, because this is year 10?

Great. Another uninformed basketball post^^^^***

Feb 13, 2020, 3:33 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OP is spreading

Feb 13, 2020, 3:34 PM

#FAKENEWS

Re: Uninformed Basketball Posts

Feb 13, 2020, 3:36 PM

I’m sure wife looks decent in a room full of 3’s.

Feb 13, 2020, 4:09 PM

What Brownell started? When? 10 years ago? When you accept mediocrity, you become comfortable with it. We can be great in basketball- we just need a coach that believes that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2020, 4:14 PM

manatis said:

What Brownell started? When? 10 years ago? When you accept mediocrity, you become comfortable with it. We can be great in basketball- we just need a coach that believes that.

. The first seven years were spent raising funds for a decent facility so the clock reset to three years

^^ THIS***

Feb 13, 2020, 4:24 PM

Feb 13, 2020, 4:10 PM

Thanks! How is it that I am just now hearing this? My bad...where do I sign the petition to give Brownell a 10 year extension?

At what point in the off-season will Brownell become a good coach and our guys get their magic All-American injection?

Feb 13, 2020, 4:22 PM

Jusr curious, did you fight this hard for Larry Shyatt who coached half his final season in the Anderson Civic Center and never had the chance to even recruit with the new facilities?

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Shyatt had multiple losing seasons.

Feb 13, 2020, 4:25 PM

Brad has had one in his 17 year coaching career.

Brownell and Shyatt aren't even comparable, no matter how much you and others here try to equate them.

Re: Shyatt had multiple losing seasons.

Feb 14, 2020, 7:30 AM

Probably just bad fan support and terrible facilities though. Give the man a chance.

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Insert...

Feb 13, 2020, 4:36 PM

*Gif*

Of someone eating popcorn enthusiastically

DB23

Re: Insert...

Feb 13, 2020, 4:52 PM

Re: Insert...

Feb 13, 2020, 8:54 PM

You wrong fo dat...

Signed, auto-TD, ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 2,955
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic