Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer members of the media....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Deer members of the media....

Sep 8, 2013, 10:16 PM

please stop reporting that Clemson's win over Georgia and Miami's win over Florida were big wins for the ACC. They were not. In fact, the ACC had absolutely nothing to do with the two wins. The two games were big wins for Clemson and Miami (PERIOD).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Deer members of the media....

Sep 8, 2013, 10:38 PM

Got to give an amen to that. Hadn't ever seen an ACC coach out there yet!!!!

Go Tigers!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2013, 10:50 PM

yes, and no. individual team wins, but exposes holes in the story that the whole SEC is all powerful. it exposes that the league is made up of teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, as long as we share our football revenue with

Sep 8, 2013, 10:52 PM

ACC member institutions and ACC member institutions share theirs with us, those do count as big wins for the conference.

Can Clemson claim Maimi's win? No. Just like Duke can't claim our football success and Ole Miss and SCar can't claim Bama's football success... as hard as they try.

However, I do appreciate the fact the league as a whole is becoming better, because the better our co-members do out of conference, the more money Clemson gets as a whole, and the better our wins look when we decimate them. Do I care if FSU goes 0-12? Not really, but I do care when our strength of schedule is affected by an 0-12 team.

As more and more Clemson games are nationally televised, we don't want the national perception of Clemson to be like Louisville this year, a great team in a horrible league. I don't want to depend on a conference for our prestige, but I certainly don't want our conference hurting our prestige. And wins like Miami had against Florida did nothing but hurt pundits that say "Yeah Clemson doesn't have any losses, but they just beat up a weak ACC with two SEC bookends"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perception has a lot to do with NCAA football.

Sep 9, 2013, 8:24 AM

There are only a few teams that will play in the MNC; so it is important that the perception of your team is high.

Perception of your team is connected to your conference.

Re

Sep 9, 2013, 9:55 AM

That's basically what I was trying to say

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2013, 11:49 PM

Sounds good to me. yes, we are members of the ACC, but the ACC did not play Florida and Jawja in the recent past(referred to as "history" by those Souf Kackalacky Fanz).

We are One Clemson.

You're missing one point dude. Perception.

Sep 8, 2013, 11:55 PM

First off. It shows that the SEC is not this immovable force that cannot be beaten. It also shows that the ACC as a whole (and yes we do get lumped into that group) is not full of cupcakes.

The ACC has been viewed as an underachiever due to our relative proximity to some SEC schools as well as our lackluster record in the Orange Bowl. That reputation precedes all of the ACC schools. Like it or not, that includes us.

Does the Miami win help Clemson? Not really unless Miami makes it to the ACCCG. Will a FSU win over Florida help Clemson (assuming we beat FSU)? Absolutely. Strength of schedule and conference perception.

Exactly***

Sep 9, 2013, 7:34 AM

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic