Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you are a Republican, or if you consider yourself
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

If you are a Republican, or if you consider yourself

Sep 18, 2015, 1:01 PM

conservative as opposed to liberal, or if you already know for certain you are not going to vote for a Democrat in the presidential election, to the extent that your vote actually counts . . .

(A)are there certain Republicans you simply will not vote for because they aren't conservative enough (even though there are significant, important philosophical and political differences that make them more conservative than anybody the Democrats will nominate), thereby helping an even more liberal Democrat get elected?

OR

(B)will you vote for the Republican no matter what, choosing the least liberal candidate (the lesser of two evils)?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I cannot see myself voting for Trump.....

Sep 18, 2015, 1:04 PM

I could likely hold my nose and vote for any of the others (not suggesting I would have to hold my nose for all of them) over anyone on the dem side.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Living in Washington State...

Sep 18, 2015, 1:13 PM

My vote doesn't really matter, so I will vote for a conservative. If I were in a swing state, I'd vote for the GOP ticket, regardless of the name at the top of the ticket.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweetness, I was only joking when I said I'd like to smash every tooth in your head.

I would not vote for Bush or Trump

Sep 18, 2015, 1:06 PM

I'd probably just have to stay home if it were either of them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you would rather have Hillary or Sanders than Bush

Sep 18, 2015, 1:29 PM

or Trump.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Quite frankly, I think we'd get the same kind of leadership

Sep 18, 2015, 1:33 PM

out of any one of the four you just mentioned. I still say Hillary isn't going to get the nomination anyway.

I couldn't in good conscience vote for Bush or Trump though. We may get a progressive president, but nobody will be able to say I voted for it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But you are ok with Bernie Saunders or Hilary

Sep 18, 2015, 6:56 PM

That's just CRAZY.... How would you like for obama to stay in the office for 12 more years.... By staying home, that's what you will end up with.
I don't get it.. that cycle has to stop.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only reason to vote for Bush over a dem is the Supreme

Sep 18, 2015, 2:53 PM [ in reply to I would not vote for Bush or Trump ]

Court. I think bush would at least appoint a moderate. the democrats will get another flaming liberal on.

Neither Ruth Ginsburg nor Scalia will survive another president - certainly not 8 years. The next president will shape the Court for the next 30 years.

Of course, trump won't appoint a conservative. He'd probably appoint judge judy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and abortion and taxes and foreign policy and such.***

Sep 18, 2015, 3:42 PM

- H. L. Mencken

bush and hillary would be the same on foreign policy

Sep 21, 2015, 8:57 AM

taxes arent changing - read my lips.

and abortion? thats with the Court

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are candidates I won't vote for because they're fools.

Sep 18, 2015, 2:30 PM

I don't think there are any I won't vote for because they are not conservative enough. And by that I mean that I would vote for Kasich, and I think he's the most moderate candidate on the big stage.

null

Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue***

Sep 18, 2015, 2:44 PM

Being moderate isn't moderation any more than

Sep 18, 2015, 4:18 PM

being conservative is conservation.

Unfortunately anyone remotely willing to compromise is characterized as a moderate, with "moderate" being a pejorative meaning "weak." And that just bolsters polarization as you drive politicians towards ideologically pure extremes.

Or being Liberal is liberation!!!***

Sep 18, 2015, 4:38 PM

null

On this I will agree with you***

Sep 21, 2015, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Being moderate isn't moderation any more than ]

I'd never vote for Lindsey, Huckabee, Santorum, or Christie

Sep 18, 2015, 2:43 PM

might put Jindal on that list too. I'm simply not interested in living in a Theocracy or under Martial law. We'd get the latter with Lindsey and the former with the others.

Christie?***

Sep 21, 2015, 9:29 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

sorry, I'd put Christie in with Lindsey

Sep 21, 2015, 10:47 AM

you think he would have read the 4th Amendment while in law school

OK, that makes more sense.***

Sep 21, 2015, 11:19 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

It makes sense to you that Chris Christie as POTUS would....

Sep 21, 2015, 11:22 AM

equate to living under Martial Law?

Come on, flow.

Sep 21, 2015, 11:25 AM

I said that accusing Christie of not caring enough about 4th Amendment protections made MORE sense than lumping him in with the theocrats.

- Jonathan Swift

yeah I know...it was an indirect poke at CA's previous...

Sep 21, 2015, 11:35 AM

I can't reply to him directly, else...stalker.

I assume you don't agree with his assertion?

I assume it (along with the theocracy comment) was hyperbole***

Sep 21, 2015, 11:37 AM

- Jonathan Swift

Not sure how you make that assumption with him***

Sep 21, 2015, 11:45 AM

of course it was largely hyperbole....

Sep 21, 2015, 12:42 PM [ in reply to I assume it (along with the theocracy comment) was hyperbole*** ]

....though less so with Lindsey.

This idea that it's either one or the other is the reason

Sep 18, 2015, 2:44 PM

Our government is in the shape it's in. I refuse to be a part of that.

So no, I will not vote for someone just because they are the primary opponent for someone else. I'll vote for someone I think would represent my interests and capably lead.

Then you are in denial, because it may be one or the

Sep 18, 2015, 3:53 PM

other, and you are and will be part of it. There will be two, and only two choices.

You are secure in your home; doors locked, shades pulled down. Two people are trying to enter your house, but only one can get in. One of them WILL get in, in your house, affecting almost every aspect of your life, right there in your home. You may not like either of them, but keeping them both out is not an option. Now, if it really, truly doesn't matter one which one invades your life, then just sit back and let them fight it out. On the other hand, if there is one you'd rather have more than the other (or rather not have), you can either invite one in and hope he makes it without getting killed by the other one, or you can try to stop the one you like the least. But, one of them will be with you, in your face for the next 4 years. Personally, I'd rather have a say-so.

- H. L. Mencken

If they get in my house, it won't be because I

Sep 19, 2015, 8:37 AM

opened the door and rolled out the welcome mat.

I will vote for the republican nominee... Regardless of

Sep 18, 2015, 6:39 PM

who it is. I'm hoping to reverse or at least slow some of the current trends that appear to be sinking our ship.

If voters stay home because the nominee isn't __________ enough for them, should now be aware of what lurks from the
other side.

Which trends?

Sep 21, 2015, 12:55 PM

And, historically, which Republican presidents reversed them?

- Jonathan Swift

I remind folks what happened the last 2 elections

Sep 18, 2015, 6:45 PM

when many voters stayed home because the republican wasn't conservative enough, or whatever the excuse was. If you want to see the current ideology continue then stay the #### at home and watch Bernie Saunders or Hilary waltz into the white house and continue the degradation of the nation.

If you are sick of obama, then you better get off your ### and vote for the republican nomination! If you don't you get 12 more years of obama style politics and growing debt.

Under no scenario would I vote for Cruz, Christie, or Trump****

Sep 18, 2015, 7:54 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic