Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As demanded by everyone here, long overdue update on dating...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

As demanded by everyone here, long overdue update on dating...

Jan 11, 2019, 8:14 PM

So, neither date went very far. I never wound up dating both women simultaneously (thank goodness...don’t think I’m capable), but neither lasted very long. One I wasn’t upset that it ended...I could see our future being rocky. The other, she checked all the boxes...but apparently I didn’t.

Now, back to square one. It’s not totally horrible being single, but if I’m being honest, I’m ready to find the ‘right one.’ I don’t want to just settle though...I want to find someone that’s stimulating. Someone who’s company isn’t just a warm body, but the intellect and personality to go with it. Above all, kindness....and of course with some similar interests. I’ve tried dating a near polar opposite and that was going to lead to kids, differences of opinion on how they should be raised, and subsequently divorce. No thanks...

So has anyone here ever used dating apps or tried the online thing? I don’t really come across a lot of available women at work (married/engaged or crazy usually) and the gym is generally frowned upon I think. Plus I feel like online dating allows you to avoid investing too much time in someone if they’re not remotely compatible. Is there an age where you just come off as a creep if your on a particular site? And which ones are just for hookups and which are for serious relationships? Or are they all a mixed bag?

Some of you said you’re thankful you don’t have to worry about dating any more and just know that I envy you. Dating seems way more complicated than it should be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It blows.***

Jan 11, 2019, 8:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky!

Jan 11, 2019, 8:18 PM

Married for 16 years and she never blows!

But if you’re being honest, you have no regrets right?***

Jan 11, 2019, 8:19 PM

Ummm. I love my wife!!!

Jan 11, 2019, 8:20 PM

No more questions!

1st Baptist North Spartanburg Singles Class

Jan 11, 2019, 8:27 PM

has a program that will have you married and cranking out good little Baptists in 6 months or less.

I’m sure there is similar where you are.

Know several folks that got stuck, I mean, got married off, I mean met the love of their life this way.

use bumble.

Jan 11, 2019, 8:35 PM

Best app out there

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friends introduced me to Mr OSF

Jan 11, 2019, 8:43 PM

#1- we had some fun, rushed into marriage and marriage lasted about a year,

Met Mr OSF #2 at a bar, not sure if it was love or passion but #### it was fun until the end...that marriage lasted about 7 yrs

Mr OSF #3 and I considered each other friends for 17 yrs and that #### failed within a year. Dont ask.

Mr OSF #4 and I met at work,
talked and really learned about about each other
we both lost a parent during that time, which we discussed.
found out our work ethics were the same
even realized we seemed to always order the same foods from the canteen during lunch
and we made each other laugh (apparently this was a big deal, since most folks had never seen him
so happy to be at work)
then there was the way we lived... COUNTRY. both already lived in Abbeville and really liked it.
We've been together 17yrs this month.

So if there's an app you can find and that can genuinely represent a person, go for it; otherwiae...go thru the old fashioned motions of dating trial and error. and try to have some fun.

Just my opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mrs. OSF, I’ve never formally introduced myself...

Jan 11, 2019, 9:21 PM

I’ve read many posts from you but feel we don’t really respond or interact with one another’s posts very frequently. I enjoy hearing from a woman’s perspective and from someone that’s more seasoned at dating than I. I totally agree that I should dive in, take chances and have fun in the process. Meeting strangers in person has never been my thing. I’m more reserved. I like being friends first but it’s hard to meet women that I’m attracted to that arent married/engaged already. The online thing would be completely new to me. But it definitely probably suits my reserved nature a bit better I guess.

"more seasoned at dating than I" ?

Jan 11, 2019, 9:32 PM

did you just call me old? geez.

wink.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Old,” no, not at all lol

Jan 11, 2019, 10:15 PM

Older, yes...I just did the math. Unless you were dating as a toddler, we’re not the same age :P

No, it sounded more like 'Passed around,' than old.***

Jan 12, 2019, 6:47 AM [ in reply to "more seasoned at dating than I" ? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're recommending a trial and error approach...

Jan 12, 2019, 6:46 AM [ in reply to Friends introduced me to Mr OSF ]

whereby one learns what not to do?

J/k, congratulations on not giving up and finding a girlfriend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Okay fam. Let me break it down for you.

Jan 11, 2019, 8:54 PM

Your first two paragraphs are totally gay. Like, maybe the gayest thing I've ever read.

However, you seem to be a good dude with good intentions, so I'll cut you some slack. OKCupid and POF seem to have the best combination of young chicks looking to hangout and form a connection. Match.com is where you're trying to go if you really want a relationship. Eharmony is what you would gravitate towards if you were, say, henry®'s age.

In all seriousness, good luck to you. I've been single for less than a year, and can see your plight. It gets boring and lonely. But hey! There's always booze and drugs to help fill the void of human companionship!!!

You were married???***

Jan 11, 2019, 8:55 PM

Re: You were married???***

Jan 11, 2019, 8:56 PM

No, I was about to get engaged, though. I panicked. Left the building. And the rest, as they say, is history.

I'm not marriage material.

unless you are an abusive, kid molesting, #### star..

Jan 11, 2019, 8:59 PM

you are marriage material.. just haven't met your match.

ask Mr OSF #4, he'll tell you.

winky.

This is actually pretty uplifitng...and not the type of

Jan 11, 2019, 9:01 PM

positive influence I expect to feel in the junge.

Do better ;)

Lol, I know I sound a little atypical...

Jan 11, 2019, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Okay fam. Let me break it down for you. ]

Don’t get me wrong, I’m human. I have urges just like everyone. My close friends are all married and starting families. They genuinely seem happy. I have other friends on the periphery who tell me about their Tinder ‘pump-and-dumps’ and they seem boastful in their pursuits, but all generally unhappy. Many say there are no good girls out there. I wonder if they think they’re a catch themselves...

Tough love: you need a hobby and to quit worrying about it.

Jan 12, 2019, 3:42 PM

Get a dog like a lab or golden. Make some friends. Start fishing or something.

Enjoy being single. Theres a forum full of guys here that would trade being single and kid free with you in a minute, although they may not all say it. Honestly It sounds like you are looking for a perfect person, and they don’t exist. For all the downsides of being single, always remeber that freedom isn’t free.

And remmber, All relationships end in one way or another.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

silverseniors man

Jan 11, 2019, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Okay fam. Let me break it down for you. ]

TigerBlood99

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck.

Jan 11, 2019, 9:55 PM

You sound vulnerable though. Be careful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stay busy. Get involved in everything. Volunteer...

Jan 12, 2019, 5:51 AM

If you go out hungry, you'll come home starving. When you're busy doing other chit is when it falls in your lap.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

This ^^^

Jan 12, 2019, 8:46 AM

I met the love of my life at the ripe old age of 28 while serving on a committee of a local service club.
Got to know each other over 2 years.

Wound up spending a lot time time together working on projects and had our first kiss before our first date.

My opinion is seldom popular so take it for what it cost...

Jan 12, 2019, 6:43 AM

if you please.

Find yourself a good Southern Baptist Church, small or medium, and start attending services.

Backup plan.

Jan 12, 2019, 8:27 AM

Shop for groceries often. Preferably at a Publix or Whole Foods.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

match 10 yrs ago married 9***

Jan 12, 2019, 11:10 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Not it

Jan 12, 2019, 11:57 AM

On being the one

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Don’t sell yourself short...

Jan 12, 2019, 1:38 PM

[insert bob joke here]

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic