Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was it C. Shaw or is it Spurrier?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Was it C. Shaw or is it Spurrier?

Jul 20, 2014, 2:14 PM

Just read and agree with DSOTM's post on importance of SC state championship game. So this year we find out if Connor Shaw owned us or S. Spurrier still owns us. Recognizing Thompson beat us two yrs, I still give a partial win to Shaw because we prepared for him all week.

Shaw's gone. JD C's gone. No excuses. At home. Time to end the streak. Give the devil his due. Spurrier has flat out coached us. And Dabo's coaching chops have grown these past five yrs. He's beaten Richt, Miles, even Urban. This year we take care of business. Tigers by 10 in Death Valley is how I see it. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was it C. Shaw or is it Spurrier?

Jul 20, 2014, 2:17 PM

dont think we were out coached in the one, that team just found a way fall flat and ###### defeat from the jaws of victory.

Agree though, no excuses.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2014, 2:25 PM

I believe the coots will find out how much of their offense was Connor Shaw. They are in for a big surprise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2014, 3:32 PM

I am not going to put anything past spurrier.

Look at Spurrier's record at USC vs

Jul 20, 2014, 2:26 PM

Clemson before Shaw.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look at Spurrier's record at USC vs

Jul 20, 2014, 2:46 PM

Look at his record before they went on probation

Thompson beat us at home......

Jul 20, 2014, 2:30 PM

Its spurrier. Look at spurriers track record. Every once of credit goes to Spurrier

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thompson beat us at home......

Jul 20, 2014, 2:33 PM

You are correct but that was his lifetime game. He has never played anywhere close to that before or after. They will miss Shaw tremendously.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2014, 10:06 PM

He also beat UCF on the road last year. 260 yds, 1 rush TD and 1 INT. not a great game but still beat a top ten team on the road

Jul 20, 2014, 10:23 PM

Um no. You got that wrong coot. Shaw came in the game late and got the win. Thompson was doing a good job losing that game. Were you paying attention or pecking around outside?

Jul 20, 2014, 10:37 PM

Shaw didn't play the last 3 quarters of that game. You're probably thinking of the Missouri game.

But unlike the coot above, Mike Davis had more to do with winning that game then Thompson did.

Jul 28, 2014, 2:11 PM

That is true, and I expect Davis to do that a lot this year. Conversely, Mike Davis/lack of running game was probably more responsible for our struggle vs. Mizzou than Thompson was.

Um no. You got that wrong. That was Missouri.***

Jul 28, 2014, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Thompson beat us at home...... ]

Lifetime game? Here's some more...

Jul 28, 2014, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Thompson beat us at home...... ]

Game winning TD with 0:16 to beat Michigan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk46IX1pcuU

or here's five mins of highlights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80KlBhDF7VQ

Jul 20, 2014, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Thompson beat us at home...... ]

Dylan Thompson beat Kevin Steele, not Clemson.

Seeing as how they've won 5 in a row with 3

Jul 20, 2014, 2:53 PM

different starting qbs, and a few other very important wildcat qbs it's not a Shaw thing. I would like to believe it's one former coot player, but that's probably not the case. Spurriers greatest talent is his ability to adapt. That being said, coots go down this November no matter who's behind their oline

Love him or hate him Spurrier is a good coach.

Jul 20, 2014, 2:58 PM

I love Dabo and would take him any day of the week but I want to see him surpass Spurrier in the coaching department sooner rather than later.

Shaw only played in 2 of the 5 straight wins***

Jul 20, 2014, 3:31 PM

first 3 were won because sc defense was much better than ours.

Jul 20, 2014, 5:41 PM

4th was simply coaching.
Last year was our mental errors.
This year....different story.
Tigers 31 ....coots 21.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: first 3 were won because sc defense was much better than ours.

Jul 21, 2014, 8:45 AM

SC 31, CU 17

Jul 20, 2014, 4:09 PM

The starting qb is not the issue....there have been what 3 or 4 different SCAR qb's in this 5 win streak. All I see in messages is that "couldn't stop the qb draw" or "the first down on 3rd and 29 killed us", etc.

No one talks about the fact the offense hasn't scored more than 17 points in 5 straight years. The starting qb for SC has not been the problem.

they have lost about all their nfl talent off that defense

Jul 20, 2014, 4:18 PM

but i agree, that is what has fueled this dang streak. now, we boast that very formidable defense, not the chickens.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither...we beat ourselves. Period***

Jul 20, 2014, 2:34 PM

Could da won 2 what with talent but tOO many mistakes..plus

Jul 20, 2014, 9:49 PM

Spur is the force that has made the difference in all 5 games IMO..knowing how to use above average to very good talent at the right positions & at the right time..always having a good to very good QB who's smart & rangy (Shaw)..PLUS Spur knows how to improvise when it's needed.

Yes, I really do think Clemson takes this game in DV..and if they don't it will be all their fault for not getting it done..IMO.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2009 Jamie Harper fumble...changed the game. 2010 - they

Jul 20, 2014, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Neither...we beat ourselves. Period*** ]

were better and deserved to win. The score should have been much worse. 2011, our line couldn't block anyone and Boyd weighed what, close to 250? 2012, why'd we stop running the football? 2013, what in the hell was that trick play, Morris? And why couldn't we hold onto the footbal1 and why in the hell was Bryant on special teams?!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I disagree somewhat with the idea the score should have

Jul 28, 2014, 3:34 PM

been worse. We got flagged on a third and long on their first drive of the game. It gave them a first down, reinvigorated the drive, and they kicked a FG. We fumbled a kick to give them the ball inside the five, which led to a TD. Then, there was the pick six late in the game. That's a lot of gimme points to overcome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That excuse doesn't work.

Jul 20, 2014, 10:01 PM [ in reply to they have lost about all their nfl talent off that defense ]

It started with "thank God Sydney Rice is gone!" Then Lattimore, then Jeffery, now Clowney.

I personally think that it's a mentality that Spurrier has

Jul 20, 2014, 9:58 PM

instilled down there. It's almost like their players care more.

I'm not going to get into the argument of Tommy Bowden and how he would be against the 2009-2013 gamecocks, but I feel like he did something similar. He knew the importance of that game.

Jul 20, 2014, 10:34 PM

Good grief. Thompson beat us with a backup RB at OUR HOUSE. Dayum guys. They could have played the waterboy at QB and beat us in our own house. Spurrier simply out coaches us every dayum year. He sees thru our game plan as if it is transparent. They know exactly how to stop us, and they have the attitude that they're gonna whip our azzes. We roll over and act like nice guys and let them take our lunch money every dayum year. That is what our guys play like.

Here's an effin' example if you can't see what I see: When that a-hole Swearinger stood over our RB after knocking him on his ###, our RB or somebody on our 'nice guy' team should have taken that m-effer out of the game 1-2 plays later. Maybe they didn't grow up on the same dayum block that I did. Until we change our attitude, we won't be able to recruit enough 5-star players to beat 'em. It looks pretty on paper - but it sucks underneath. Our guys need another coach added to the staff that can teach them how to not take any chit off of anyone. THEN we might do something. Until then, we CLEMSON fans have to wait until Spurrier dies.

Where the hell is Danny Ford when we need him??????? His teams did not take that chit.

I hear you, brother***

Jul 20, 2014, 11:16 PM

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Jul 28, 2014, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Was it C. Shaw or is it Spurrier? ]

Wow, an honest assessment and no one has called you a coot yet!

Jul 20, 2014, 10:42 PM

The first 4 games they were just better than and tougher than us on the lines. Our players looked a bit intemidated, last season it was just sloppy play.

Jul 20, 2014, 11:58 PM

...won all the position battles

...won the line of scrimmage

...better coaching showing out of the last 5 years

turned the ball over like a hot coal

and I don't care what anyone says...

Boyd came to play last year and did his part!

He shouldn't get crap for last year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic