Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Will the offense get better or stay the same?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Will the offense get better or stay the same?

Sep 29, 2019, 6:01 PM

Trevor Lawrence: Will the offense get better or stay the same?

Will the Clemson offense get better or will it stay the same? The Tigers managed just 331 total yards in Saturday’s 21-20 victory over UNC, and Lawrence was steady in completing 18 of 30 passes for 206 yards and a score. He also rushed the ball 11 times for 45 yards and a touchdown. (Photo by Neil Redmond, USAT) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Will the offense get better or stay the same?

Sep 29, 2019, 8:10 PM

Pretty simple. The starters need to play much more and the O line needs to lose weight and block.

Sep 29, 2019, 8:14 PM

Tell em coot.

Sep 29, 2019, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Will the offense get better or stay the same? ]

I think it will make us better - if not, we will lose to FSU who is starting to get their act together. Yes, credit to UNC but we had no focus at all. No better evidence of that than all the false starts which are inexcusable for what is supposed to be a top 5 team. UNC had nothing to do with that.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2019, 9:48 PM

Dabo was too busy kissing up to Mack Brown. The Tigers will get nothing but better and this was a game that they would have lost in the past like the Syracuse game. This was a wake-up game.
I think it's a pretty great thing that the Tigers dropped out of the top spot, too. Put the pressure on the stinking Tide.

I would agree with the 'wake up' game sentiment

Sep 30, 2019, 10:05 AM

but this team is reminding me of the 2016 squad that never seemed to wake up. The offense was supposed to be dominant that season but never showed up until whopping UofSC. The NCST game was supposed to be a wake up. Didn't happen. It took an actual loss. Problem is this season we aren't guaranteed a playoff spot with a loss.

Sep 30, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Will the offense get better or stay the same? ]

FSU ain't no joke right now. Hornibrook has really settled them down. He could be the one-year wonder their program needs to bring them some maturity and discipline the coaches couldn't.

They also have an open date to get ready for us.

And it concerns me that those FS penalties were almost entirely on the SRs and Grad Students. For a team with 80+ underclassmen, who is going to demonstrate leadership when the offense is on the field?

Sep 30, 2019, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence: Will the offense get better or stay the same? ]

So...you want us to play like Bama (run up the score), or The Citadel (use 260-lb linemen)?

Not sure who your favorite team is, but I'm glad it's not us.

Sep 30, 2019, 4:01 PM

Yes, there are a number of surprises. This team lives in the Land of High Expectations. Such is the price of success.

For me, the single biggest area of continuing concern is the the lack of consistent run blocking by the O line. There are a lot of very very good college teams out there this year. The top eight or so teams are probably better than we have seen in a number of years. What do those teams have in common offensively? They can all pass AND run the ball effectively.

Is our mediocre output so far in rushing game due to executional mistakes that can be fixed? Or is this line not what we had expected?

How this plays out over the next several games is key. The o line run blocking is critical to establish the balanced attack needed to compete at the lofty levels of the past few years.

When a win feels like a loss...pt 2***

Sep 30, 2019, 4:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um . . . no.

Oct 3, 2019, 2:27 AM

I attended the game in Chapel Hill & can attest that it did in fact feel like a win. Shouldn't we all know that taking winning for granted is one of the 7 deadly sins of sports fandom?

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic