Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Harris poll needs work: VT 3 spots above Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Football Update: Harris poll needs work: VT 3 spots above Clemson

Dec 5, 2011, 7:03 PM

Harris poll needs work: VT 3 spots above Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Beat their butts both time. Do you need any more proof

Dec 5, 2011, 7:09 PM

that the championship game is a myth.

Can anyone tell me who gives a ### about the polls?

Dec 5, 2011, 7:13 PM

Its not like VT's ranking will help them in the next game or that our's will hurt us. If we beat the Beverly Hillbillies we will be ranked high enough in the off season to get where we want to go next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I live in Northen Va....there is a wind blowing from the

Dec 5, 2011, 7:16 PM

West....smells like....burning couches...and wet dog...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I live in Northen Va....there is a wind blowing from the

Dec 5, 2011, 7:26 PM

I live in Maryland. Was wondering about that smell. Was pretty sure it was coming from College Park for once. Thanks for the heads up. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't bother me at all: Combined score 61-13

Dec 5, 2011, 7:14 PM

My 10yr old's friend at school, a VT fan, said we are going to a better bowl game than Clemson.....(which is probably the sentiment on the Hokie Board...I dunno)..

I told him he could say - well "Good luck!!! 61-13!".

By the way - I also told him not to initiate any conversation today....I would also point out that he proudly wears a #10 Clemson jersey to school every Monday..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn't bother me at all: Combined score 61-13

Dec 5, 2011, 9:25 PM

Raise up your son in the way he should go, and he will not depart from it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like Mizell

Dec 5, 2011, 7:14 PM

is a little bitter over the Troy beatdown

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

easy... VT didnt lose to USuC, NC State, and GT***

Dec 5, 2011, 7:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

What's funny is

Dec 5, 2011, 8:01 PM

after we win our bowl and usuc loses, then we will be ranked above them in the final poll.

Re: What's funny is

Dec 5, 2011, 9:20 PM

I expect that usuc will lose their game. It is the natural order of things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: easy... VT didnt lose to USuC, NC State, and GT***

Dec 5, 2011, 9:19 PM [ in reply to easy... VT didnt lose to USuC, NC State, and GT*** ]

No, but they did lose to Clemson 2 times. Probably would have waxed usuc, but don't know about the others. Clemson Tigers kicked som Hokie rear ends. You don't have to like it, but facts are facts. Now, when it comes to usuc, I will say that "Flukes are flukes!" There is no other way to explain that one.

Re: Football Update: Harris poll needs work: VT 3 spots above Clemson

Dec 5, 2011, 9:39 PM

Must be all that secheat "speed". It is showing up everywhere. If other conferences got the advantages of the extra $$$ the secheat gets, and the extra publicity the ESecheatPN gives them, then the polls wouldn't be so lopsided. All it takes is a look at the recent NCAA sanctions, and the ones that soon will be forthcoming, to explain the polls, and the $$$ commited to the secheat by ESecheatPN to explain the bias. There is good news, though. I won't have to watch the "national championship" game, because I already saw LSU win that one, and I saved a lot on car insurance, and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express lately.

Uhmm...VT did not lose to GT and NCST and SCAR

Dec 6, 2011, 8:28 AM

There are a lot of teams that win a bunch of games every year. The polls take this pool of teams and ranks them based upon their losses.

Why just Harris? USA Today/Coach poll has VT and Clemson

Dec 6, 2011, 8:46 AM

ranked same as Harris. Not that I am defending the Harris poll, there have just been a lot of articles written over the last 7 days from a couple sources critical of Harris poll, but the same criticism applies to the USA Today poll, and none of the aritcles seem to have an issue with it.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic