Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Uh-Oh, SC showing signs of progressive tendencies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 504

Uh-Oh, SC showing signs of progressive tendencies

Jul 13, 2020, 7:57 AM

https://www.wmbfnews.com/2020/07/11/south-carolina-supreme-court-temporarily-bans-no-knock-warrants/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

That's a progressive thing? Someone forgot

Jul 13, 2020, 8:12 AM

To put that on my con list

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's a progressive thing? Someone forgot

Jul 13, 2020, 8:17 AM

you said the other day that you support 99.5% of the things police do, I figure no knock warrants would not have a problem fitting inside 99.5%

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I tend to be on the side of cops 99.5%

Jul 13, 2020, 8:35 AM

Of the time in these high profile stuff. They have an extremely hard job that can kill themselves in millisecond decisions if they dont do it quickly. A cop just got killed in a simple traffic stop.

There will always be #### cops and criminal cops, just like there will always be ##### at your work. And criminals in business.

But no, I'm not for no knock warrants.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, I tend to be on the side of cops 99.5%

Jul 13, 2020, 8:52 AM

I blame the government for most issues with law enforcement.

Law enforcement doesn't create these laws. Our government does.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^this

Jul 13, 2020, 10:56 PM

only liberals (or do they prefer to be called progressives or just anti-police) would blame the underpaid for executing laws/procedures that were put in place by the government.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wholly support this.

Jul 13, 2020, 8:17 AM

It allows ample time now to flush the evidence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh-Oh, SC showing signs of progressive tendencies

Jul 13, 2020, 8:54 AM

Germans

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 9:07 AM

Sorry to inform you but no knock warrants are neither liberal nor conservative . They are a product of bad legal edicts of the Court system.

I am a center right fiscal conservative and applaud States that look to discontinue the use of these terrible warrants. Given that as a society we are fairly heavily armed, someone kicking in your door results in an armed homeowner put directly in conflict with armed police by virtue of what the homeowner views as an illegal intrusion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My issue is what drives the change. There is a reason

Jul 13, 2020, 9:23 AM

No Knock warrants exist. There is ample data on their usage. Their use should not be discontinued because of an anecdotal tragedy and protests.

Don't get me wrong...I agree with your reasoning. It seems the opportunity for tragedy on everyone's side is too high, not to mention the questionable violation of rights. I just want these factors to be what determines our next steps, not emotion and fostered outrage.

null

What should be the consequences for the investigator who

Jul 13, 2020, 10:04 AM

requests and the judge who signs off on a no-knock warrant at the wrong address for the wrong person?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question. I don't know.***

Jul 13, 2020, 10:09 AM

null

"Well, we made a mistake" doesn't seem to cut it for me...***

Jul 13, 2020, 11:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Well, we made a mistake" doesn't seem to cut it for me...***

Jul 13, 2020, 4:55 PM

Or "sorry we capped Uncle Fred. He had a spatula."

Jul 13, 2020, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Uh-Oh, SC showing signs of progressive tendencies ]

Agree.

I think I am against no-knock warrants. I see it as siding with citizens rights and freedoms.

Maybe under some sort of exception no-knocks could be used for the safety of the cops, but it should be an exception. Or if there is a suspected kidnapping or hostage situation where there needs to be surprise to protect the safety of the person being held.

If someone in a house can get rid of whatever they have that is illegal while a cop is knocking and waiting, then it must not be that big of a deal to begin with. The cops can also pull the sewer cover and see what comes out of the toilet if they flush the goodies.

Jul 13, 2020, 1:49 PM

SC gubmint is very liberal

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did SC touch your pee pee, son?***

Jul 13, 2020, 6:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm very conservative and do not like no knock warrants

Jul 13, 2020, 8:07 PM

most conservatives like our rights and don't want them trampled on by an over-bearing government.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 504
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic