Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The answer to this ESPN headline is YES
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,201

The answer to this ESPN headline is YES

Sep 10, 2013, 9:39 PM

To this ESPN writer (from Rock Hill), Florida "fell" to Miami but Georgia merely "stumbled" in losing to Clemson. Much bias?

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/69751/its-early-but-has-sec-lost-a-few-steps

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't put too much in headlines. Writers don't write their

Sep 10, 2013, 9:44 PM

own headlines. Those are put in by whoever is setting the page, and believe it or not, it's almost entirely based on how much room there is for the headline. So the difference between "stumbled" and "fell" is based in large part on whether the layout guy is trying to fill the top of 3 columns or 4.

Re: The answer to this ESPN headline is YES

Sep 10, 2013, 9:48 PM

if you remember the scroll line on espn after our game with uga it said...Clemson slips past Georgia...

you'd never know uga had to score late to make it close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imagine how the pro sports world will be tortured

Sep 10, 2013, 10:08 PM

to report after the Bama TAMU game. They can't get enough of Saban or Bama winning nor of Johnny Football. No doubt it will be another "slip past" for whoever wins. Even if it's one sided.

Sep 11, 2013, 3:58 AM [ in reply to Re: The answer to this ESPN headline is YES ]

That is why I so much hate the ### gum prevent D. At the end of game, it makes it look like the losing team done something spectacular to get back in the game. We just stood around and let uga march down the field by letting them run time off the clock without allowing the big pass play. Put it all on the line and make them have to play mistake free FB to have a chance to win. Play the game out with the best we have against the best they have. I believe we still win without uga scoring again b/c our D was playing lights out. Then we start playing prevent the pass and let them score.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if Venables was thinking its too early

Sep 11, 2013, 11:22 AM

in the season to push the D when the win was pretty obvious. Sort of a "why risk injury in game 1 if it looks like you win anyway." But he later admitted calling for the prevent D through the entire drive was a mistake. But I'll bet he was thinking about an entire season ahead when he made the call.

Sep 10, 2013, 10:34 PM

Chris Low has been a flaming SEC fan forever. Same bias when he was writing for the local papers. Zero depth in his reporting either - about as much insight as a two year old.

if we don't go prevent we win by 10

Sep 10, 2013, 10:41 PM

plain and simple

Agree!***

Sep 10, 2013, 11:05 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if we don't go prevent we win by 10

Sep 11, 2013, 4:01 AM [ in reply to if we don't go prevent we win by 10 ]

H&ll yes, EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigers have improved to elite territory rather than SeC decl***

Sep 10, 2013, 11:05 PM

Uga has a fairly highly rated School of Journalism so maybe

Sep 11, 2013, 7:19 AM

this guy even graduated from there.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,201
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic