Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, smack me with an entitled mellenial, (I am an old
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Well, smack me with an entitled mellenial, (I am an old

Nov 30, 2018, 10:19 PM

geezer) but I just do not think you should get into the four team play off if you did not win your conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: Well, smack me with an entitled mellenial, (I am an old

Nov 30, 2018, 10:56 PM

Dude it’s you old farts that are responsible for this asinine system we have. It’s gotten better but still far from legitimate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its not really asinine though

Nov 30, 2018, 10:58 PM

rather have this than relying on a "computer" that is injected with biased data from a human

Nov 30, 2018, 11:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, smack me with an entitled mellenial, (I am an old ]

Educate me please. How is my position remotely connected on a team that has not won their conference getting in to the playoff? Are you an offended mellenial? If so, I apologize.

Tiger/Terrier

Nov 30, 2018, 11:18 PM

You connected millenials with teams getting into the playoff without without winning a conference....

I'm just pointing out that it's you old geezers that we inherited a ridiculous championship system from and it's slowly improving.

So thanks for that and the national debt.

Dec 1, 2018, 12:00 AM

What would a Coot know about the play-offs?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, smack me with an entitled mellenial, (I am an old ]

As an old geezer myself, I hope you and your crappy generation enjoy paying off that national debt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, smack me with an entitled mellenial, (I am an old ]

No, wofford, he is just an #######.

His post has the upvotes. I know thats old fart mentality,

Nov 30, 2018, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, smack me with an entitled mellenial, (I am an old ]

a performance based patriarchal capitalist way of looking at things, but the idea that you ought to have to play your way in seems to be ganerating wealth. Maybe we should tax some of the OP's votes and give them to UCF.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Garnering or generating... or somewhere in between? ;~)***

Dec 1, 2018, 7:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Old fart syntax.***

Dec 1, 2018, 4:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His post has the upvotes. I know thats old fart mentality,

Dec 6, 2018, 7:41 AM [ in reply to His post has the upvotes. I know thats old fart mentality, ]

This couldn't be further from the truth.

The OP is arguing for a communist system where all conferences are created equal.

But I live in America, where American exceptionalism exists with the firm belief in the capitalist system that I don't have to be the best sprinter in America to still be better than the best sprinter in Tajikistan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Sorry Class.. beating a bunch of crappy

Dec 6, 2018, 8:55 AM

Sec teams doesn't impress the CFP..

Maybe next year.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You’re completely off base.

Dec 6, 2018, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: His post has the upvotes. I know thats old fart mentality, ]

How do you know you’re the faster than everyone in Tajikistan if you don’t run the race against the fastest man in Tajikistan? Until you do it’s just an opinion hence the reason for a playoff. And don’t give me the timed race crap either. If Olympic medalists were awarded based off of times that they posted before the Olympics we wouldn’t need the Olympics. Your argument is totally asinine and promotes dictatorship in who gets a shot at the national championship. Very unAmerican to say the least.

Re: His post has the upvotes. I know thats old fart mentality,

Dec 6, 2018, 9:07 AM [ in reply to His post has the upvotes. I know thats old fart mentality, ]

UCF actually won though. Thats the thing. The played a harder schedule than the team that won the playoff "championship" and they beat the team that beat the "national champion".

By every measure, UCF was the national champion last year, and the NCAA agreed in a statement they made at their media days last August. Alabama and UCF split the 2017 national championship whether Alabama and the rest of college football likes it or not.

Nov 30, 2018, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, smack me with an entitled mellenial, (I am an old ]

So our 2016 National Championship is illegitimate ?
That's rough . The trophy in the FOC must be made out of Coot tears .

DB23

A hell of a lot better than any previous method!!

Dec 1, 2018, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, smack me with an entitled mellenial, (I am an old ]

Keeping conference losers out would be a big improvement, though!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, smack me with an entitled mellenial, (I am an old ]

Go to the front of the line and collect your participation trophy.

hey, take it easy on the mellenials...

Nov 30, 2018, 11:16 PM

They can't even afford safe spaces anymore because, well, they are lazy.

They also know how to spell and apparently

Dec 1, 2018, 5:00 PM

possess critical thinking skills.

Re: They also know how to spell and apparently

Dec 6, 2018, 8:25 AM

incorrect, every one knows this country did not have any problems until the millennials grew up. now they all work at CVS and Chipoltle and they are lazy. Most of them sit around posting on chat boards during work hours, which is typical millennial behavior.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 11:20 PM

So who should get in under this hypothetical situation?

You have four conference champions with 9-3 records and one non-conference champ who's only loss was in the conference championship, to an 8-4 team. Would you think it's appropriate to leave out the 11-1 team from the CFP just because they didn't win their conference championship?

What if Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State and UCF looses this weekend. Who get's in - the winner of the Pac12?

Re: Well, smack me with an entitled mellenial, (I am an old***

Dec 1, 2018, 12:55 AM

If I'm reading your hypothetical correctly

Dec 6, 2018, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, smack me with an entitled mellenial, (I am an old ]

Conference champs are
Bama
Washington
Texas
Pitt
Northwestern
Memphis

My 4 would be

Bama
Washington
Texas
Northwestern

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I'm not following...is there even a single millennial on the CFP committee?***

Dec 1, 2018, 7:38 AM

Re: I'm not following...is there even a single millennial on the CFP committee?***

Dec 6, 2018, 9:25 AM

The YOUNGEST person is Scott Stricklin at 48.

The OP isn't even educated/medicated enough to be aware that Millennials are even in college anymore... they are the folks with small kids an a mortgage (if lucky).

Too bad Vegas and TV mafias disagree.***

Dec 1, 2018, 4:57 PM

I bet a mellenial would be smart enough to know

Dec 1, 2018, 4:59 PM

how to spell "millennial".

Good God, man.

Typing and spelling sometimes do not connect when

Dec 6, 2018, 7:33 AM

arthritic fingers are being used. Yes I know how to spell it, Nimrod.

Tiger/Terrier

What are you typing on that has an e and an i next to each

Dec 6, 2018, 7:45 AM

other?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Found the Commie

Dec 6, 2018, 7:38 AM

^^^ Found the Commie that thinks all conferences are created equal

Message was edited by: Classof09®

Re: ^^^ Found the Commie

Dec 6, 2018, 7:46 AM

Why are you here ?
And yes you are the laughing stock of the Conference you love so much also.
Most SEC fans I have talked to wish that SC never joined. You see your fan base is an embarrassment.

No you found someone who thinks things should play out on the field

Dec 6, 2018, 7:51 AM [ in reply to ^^^ Found the Commie ]

instead of the argument of “who’s the best” being subject to our own opinions. The playoff system all but insures that conference homers don’t get to dictate who gets a shot a the national championship by relegating the contenders to a region or conference hence the term “national championship.”

Re: No you found someone who thinks things should play out on the field

Dec 6, 2018, 8:05 AM

Argues that it should be played out on the field at the same time arguing the best teams shouldn’t play it out on the field.

Can’t explain that logic.

Georgia had their shot...

Dec 6, 2018, 8:10 AM

They lost at a neutral site “on the field”.

Next.

love your avatar***

Dec 6, 2018, 4:13 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re completely out of touch again because you don’t pay attention to detail.

Dec 6, 2018, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: No you found someone who thinks things should play out on the field ]

The fact that Georgia is not the best team in the country has already been played out on the field. Do I think that Notre Dame is the best team in the country? No but that’s an opinion that must be settled on the field in the playoff. What is so hard to for you to comprehend about that? It’s right and it’s fair. You sound like a communist dictator that doesn’t want to give everyone a fair shot at the national championship.

Uga clearly proved on the field that they

Dec 6, 2018, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: No you found someone who thinks things should play out on the field ]

Are not 1 of the 4 best teams.

Beating Florida just wasn't a good enough win.

Maybe next year auburn will be better.

explain how a Top 4 team got blown out by a 3 loss team?***

Dec 6, 2018, 4:15 PM [ in reply to Re: No you found someone who thinks things should play out on the field ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your opinion is invalid until you...

Dec 6, 2018, 7:55 AM

post a selfie and submit to the eyetest. A pic of your wife will also work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Communist? I still hate the Founding Fathers for making the

Dec 6, 2018, 8:40 AM

US Senate equal, therefore a communist, representation of every state. Who knew they were Stalinists? Or worse, Maoists? The infiltration goes far beyond football. The walls have eyes. So do the hills.

Maoists?

Dec 6, 2018, 11:35 AM

Well...that's a different slant on the topic....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2018, 9:47 AM

I find the boomers funny. They are the ones who demanded and distributed the "everyone is special"

The trophy for every kid or participation "medal' was not for the Millennials. It was for the Boomer parents unwilling to accept "average" kids. Boomers would sue, fight, and burn building down if their "kids" did not get 'the trophy'. "How dare you tell me my spawn is not "a winner" the boomers would say. Seriously, you would sue colleges if you kid did not get into your choice of schools. It wasn't that your kid didn't have the grades, it was the "admins" fault.

Why don't we just give everyone a medal and leave it at that***

Dec 6, 2018, 1:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic