Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UgA gEtS wHo uGa WaNts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

UgA gEtS wHo uGa WaNts

Aug 26, 2018, 1:54 PM

UGA fans, I know you're out there right now reading this. It's preseason and we know what that means for UGA, it's the most encouraging and excited puppy fans will be all season long because you spent all off season chasing stars. Now with that said it's quite apparent that UGAy with a one year out of the blue championship run (which let me remind you, you fell short.....AGAIN) has become a recruiting one stop payday. It's not because Kirby gonna Kirby because let's not forget nobody knows what Kirby will do as he's a first time head coach, he's gone 8-5 one year and to a natty the next (which again he lost) so as CFB fans outside of UGA I speak for everyone that nobody knows what Kirby gonna Kirby means. But here we are, preseason and UGA has stars all over the field, it's nothing new for UGA. Talent has never been an issue for UGA but for some reason championships have been impossible. That's because UGA still hasn't figured out that 5* don't win games, picking up every great athlete looking for a payday isn't what wins it. That comes down to recruiting players who mesh together and have chemistry, enjoying being around each other on and off the field to always enjoy the grind of football, and having a leader that makes you want to play and earn everything. To Saban it's about building his dynasty, to Urban Meyer it's about building his dynasty, to Dabo it's about building his dynasty, but to Kirby it will always be about beating Saban just like very other fruit that's fallen out of the Saban tree so enjoy your preseason again pups, because this year you're going to be on every teams hit list after last year and the road gets a little more bumpy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UgA gEtS wHo uGa WaNts

Aug 26, 2018, 2:36 PM

That's some insightful stuff right there. Dabo should hire you to give team pre-game rah-rah speeches.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 2:45 PM

Georgia is going to be good. They are going to be good this year and for the foreseeable future. This dumb post isn't going to change that

Aug 26, 2018, 3:03 PM

Name a non talented UGA team. Now name all of UGA's national championships. Thank you for commenting on my dumb post.

Aug 26, 2018, 3:22 PM

SethSlyy said:

Name a non talented UGA team. Now name all of UGA's national championships. Thank you for commenting on my dumb post.

Wait a minute Seth....Let's give credit where it's due. 14 years of Richt - Good recruiting Zero natty games.

2 years under Kirby - Elite recruiting.....One natty game

It's a new era in Georgia football whether you like it or not.

Aug 26, 2018, 3:54 PM

Let me get this straight.

14 years of good recruiting, Zero nattys.

2 years under Furby, 0 natty wins.

Same era whether you like it or not.

Again, congrats on skating to the easiest national championship appearance a team has taken in modern time losing to two of the three good teams you played.

Aug 26, 2018, 6:57 PM

Georgia had to play Auburn twice and Oklahoma.

Literally all Clemson played last year was Miami and still couldn't get to the NC. Looks to be the same this year.

You really are an idiot aren't you?

Aug 26, 2018, 7:30 PM

Did Clemson not have to play Auburn as well (w/out a mulligan) and Bama? Dear God you can at least pretend like you knew something about Clemson football.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 26, 2018, 7:34 PM

Auburn beat bama and Georgia had to play them twice. So "easiest path to the NC ever" seems pretty stupid comparing Auburn twice to Auburn and bama. Wouldn't you say? Wouldn't our path this coming season be the easiest as well seeing as how we have to only play 1 ranked team who probably won't be ranked in the end?

Aug 26, 2018, 7:50 PM

I think The most difficult game for you this season is UGA vs South Carolina.
Since you’re a coot, will you still crow for UGA?

Our most celebrated win is going to be watching you slowly disappear into smack talking horizon.

Poof.

They won’t SLOWLY disappear...

Aug 26, 2018, 8:02 PM

It will happen very quickly! Lol but of course then they just become Bama die hards.

*Furburger Smarts ©***

Aug 26, 2018, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: UgA gEtS wHo uGa WaNts ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

uga fans just assume that they will have a cfp streak

Aug 26, 2018, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: UgA gEtS wHo uGa WaNts ]

That only Clemson and Bama have had. They are just entitled as an elite team after year 2.

They mostly harp on how recruiting is the reason they will be good. It's much more than that. Maybe they will learn something this year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 7:17 PM [ in reply to Re: UgA gEtS wHo uGa WaNts ]

Georgia might be good but we might be one of the best teams in the history of college football

Are you a Clemson fan or a UGA fan?***

Aug 26, 2018, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: UgA gEtS wHo uGa WaNts ]

Aug 26, 2018, 3:10 PM

Didn't it take Dabo like 8 years to sniff an NC and now youre bashing another coach for getting there in 2.

You say talent hasn't been an issue.....Richts teams had a bluechip ratio of 53% while Kirby has 74%.......that's a massive upgrade in talent. Also, Richt did a horrible job recruiting both lines of the ball, amazing how much a team can turn around when they actually do...which is concerning since Clemson seems to think oline doesn't matter anymore.

Summary of this comment is, this is just another post on tigernet showing someone's lack of football knowledge or just complete ignorance of reality, but I'm sure it'll get you some thumbs up so kudos.

Aug 26, 2018, 3:17 PM

Dabo has a national championnship, so go cheer on your preseason champs and congratulations on coming in 2nd.

Aug 26, 2018, 3:20 PM

To the leg humper troll and the gamecock, please refute anything he said !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 3:34 PM

I did.......in my comment. Richts talent level wasn't close to what Kirby is bringing in. There seems to also be some cult like mentality in tigernet that only Clemson players respect their coach or Clemson players mesh and play as a team. Can't really refute that, because if people are that stupid to believe that, they won't believe anything you have to say otherwise.

Pretty clear you're a UGAfan, not a Clemson fan.***

Aug 26, 2018, 3:41 PM

Wait, wait, ... Stafford, Moreno, Greene, Gurley, ...

Aug 26, 2018, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: UgA gEtS wHo uGa WaNts ]

You've lost all credibility trying to state that two years in Kirby is out recruiting Richt.

Re: Wait, wait, ... Stafford, Moreno, Greene, Gurley, ...

Aug 26, 2018, 3:57 PM

Look at all the 5*s bro. That's what talent is based off of to UGA, just like in my post he proved it again. Preseason champions!

Re: Wait, wait, ... Stafford, Moreno, Greene, Gurley, ...

Aug 26, 2018, 7:00 PM

Talent is based off on field production. Nobody knew who roquan was under Richt, turned into the best defensive player in the country under Smart. Michel, Baker, Atkins and more all hit new levels under Smart. If you want to get into stars, there's actual data showing star rankings are an accurate predictor of talent especially when you pair them with great coaching. Nice again ole Seth speaking nonsense. Figures.

Aug 26, 2018, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: UgA gEtS wHo uGa WaNts ]

Dabo had to build a program and had an OC originally that helped him secure the Head Coaching job, who really was over his head at that time but he owed Billy Napier a shot. Then we have been one of the youngest teams ever since his 2nd year as Clemson's HC. Basically, we started to succeed in year 3, then guys left early for the most part. A few players came back for their senior seasons early, which was critical but this is our first season to have the bulk come back (D-Line/Hyatt).

Go luck pups. Y'all list a lot and now have the target on you. We will see what Kirby is starting now. Meanwhile Clemson is on its run to our 4th CFP in a row.

Go Togers!

Aug 26, 2018, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: UgA gEtS wHo uGa WaNts ]

Kirby Smart is in great company. Since 2010 two other coaches have made the national championship game in their second season, Mark Helfrich and Gene Chizik. Both are no longer head coaches.

Message was edited by: CU_Kobe_24®

Aug 26, 2018, 5:46 PM

Gus Malzahn got fired? Weird I seem to remember him at the SEC media day.

Aug 26, 2018, 5:54 PM

I meant Gene Chizik.

Aug 26, 2018, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: UgA gEtS wHo uGa WaNts ]

Once I read to "UGay" I figured I was responding to a middle schooler.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2018, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Re: UgA gEtS wHo uGa WaNts ]

Didn't it take Dabo like 8 years to sniff an NC and now youre bashing another coach for getting there in 2.

You say talent hasn't been an issue.....Richts teams had a bluechip ratio of 53% while Kirby has 74%.......that's a massive upgrade in talent. Also, Richt did a horrible job recruiting both lines of the ball, amazing how much a team can turn around when they actually do...which is concerning since Clemson seems to think oline doesn't matter anymore.

Summary of this comment is, this is just another post on tigernet showing someone's lack of football knowledge or just complete ignorance of reality, but I'm sure it'll get you some thumbs up so kudos.

Sam Pittman, per every HS coach who's met him, is really, really good...probably a Top-5 position coach in the country, and maybe even better than that as a recruiter. No idea if their coordinators are any good, but Pittman's crew is the one really driving that train. They're huge, and they're dominant.

Fromm is pretty durn good. There's some longer throws he can't make but he's really good inside about 25 yards, he's mobile enough, and I like his command and decision-making. They're getting better receivers around him now too. They'll probably have a change-up package for Justin Fields...who I'm actually less sold on. He's incredibly talented, but there's some indications he might be another Ryan Perrilloux or Blake Barnett (I know, who?) - uber-blue-chip guys who never really delivered on all that talent because of...uhm...off-the-field considerations. I've also just never been sold on Fields' decision-making. There were stretches in his high school tape where he was spectacular. There were also long stretches where he inexplicably vanished and was a nonfactor, and was doing stuff with the football that was...inexplicable. Trevor Lawrence would throw 5 TD's and be done by halftime, especially as a senior, Fields usually was on the field the entire game...and he lost a bunch of games to boot.

Kirby will usually have a pretty good and often dominant D, especially the way he recruits, though he's replacing a ton of guys this year.

That said...Athens. It's one motherhuge distraction - girls, drugs, endless parties - and there's very much a...uhm, SEC Culture, let's call it, in place there at UGA. Which means not much off-the-field accountability, massive player entitlement, and open-handed boosters. Even Mark Richt - who is as good and moral a coach as there is in the country - had a hard time controlling his players off the field.

I think UGA under Kirby will be a lot more like FSU under Jimbo or late Bobby Bowden than Alabama under Saban. They'll be wildly talented, be a lock for usually 10 wins a year...but I think there will be some endemic...issues...having nothing to do with football and everything to do with the culture and the town that keep UGA from habitually maximizing all their talent. I think there will be significant attrition and some high-profile misses on that team, and I think they will drop some games that sometimes surprise people, and be inclined towards tanking in seasons when they fall short of their expected goals.

Just my own .02 worth.

Aug 26, 2018, 7:13 PM

It's only been 2 1/2 years smart has been there but arrests have been nothing like they were under Richt. You have guys like Chubb telling the media he'd follow Smart anywhere because he's the best coach he's ever had (he played for Richt 2 years). I think the culture is changing, but I don't know if they'll get passed that hump of how they usually always lose that one or two games they shouldn't.

Amen!

Aug 26, 2018, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: UgA gEtS wHo uGa WaNts ]

It is a culture thing. Seems they would figure that out themselves, but even if they did it probably is too ingrained.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic