Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
$4000 airfare roundtrip for my wife and I
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 54
| visibility 1

$4000 airfare roundtrip for my wife and I

Jan 3, 2019, 3:07 PM

had tickets to game but won't be going

we tried other airports

and even playing that we could get the times we wanted for the flights

from NYC/NJ area

ridiculous

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: $4000 airfare roundtrip for my wife and I

Jan 3, 2019, 3:10 PM

Have a buddy who booked Tix from NYC to SF for 600 round trip yesterday. Sounds like you're not looking very hard and/or slow on the trigger.

If you've got lowers, I'll buy them for $125 a piece.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 3:22 PM

I tried everything on line

even had a travel agency try

so I don't know where he got them (or if he has 12 connections or something like that) but I was flying in on Friday, Saturday or Sunday and returning Tuesday

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 3:27 PM

Well, it’s clear the travel agency sucks.

But way to go TigerNet. Y’all just cut that $4K to $2K or less.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: $4000 airfare roundtrip for my wife and I ]

You have also waited too long and are not at the mercy of the business traveler prices. Can't wait until 2 days before a NYC-SF flight and expect normal prices.

Jan 4, 2019, 12:51 AM [ in reply to Re: $4000 airfare roundtrip for my wife and I ]

Skiplagged.com

Jan 4, 2019, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: $4000 airfare roundtrip for my wife and I ]

Earlier this week we got seats under $500 - out of JFK to Long Beach sat night and back out of San Jose on a red eye

Jan 3, 2019, 3:14 PM

its rediculous what they are charging, i feel lucky i got two for 2200 on southwest out of atlanta.

just had a buddy tell me $1200 from Columbia to Santa Clara

Jan 3, 2019, 3:16 PM

considering it

Jan 3, 2019, 3:20 PM

There would be poo and liberals everywhere anyway. It would be an awful experience. You would be way better off going to a world class city like Dillon or Latta.

Jan 3, 2019, 3:22 PM

Fly to LA and the most expensive I can find is $772 round trip leaving on the 5th and returning to NYC on the 8th. Cheapest is Delta at $378. About $40 to rent a car and drive the 4-5 hours.

Jan 3, 2019, 3:25 PM

Closer to 7 with no traffic ... and there's always traffic all the way up the 5

Jan 3, 2019, 3:27 PM

I was only going off of what GPS said. Friend in LA told me leave way earlier than you need to be somewhere cause it's very bad but we will enjoy the new scenery!

It took me literally 2 mins to cut your costs to $1700 total.

Jan 3, 2019, 3:23 PM

Kayak, New York airports to SMF (Sacramento), $880 Rt on United.
2hr drive to Santa Clara.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Scratch that.. $550 RT Wite Plains to Sacramento***

Jan 3, 2019, 3:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Scratch that.. $550 RT Wite Plains to Sacramento***

Jan 3, 2019, 3:38 PM

People are morons.

Re: Scratch that.. $550 RT Wite Plains to Sacramento***

Jan 3, 2019, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Scratch that.. $550 RT Wite Plains to Sacramento*** ]

Sacramento under appreciated airport out there. I have family about 30 min from the airport. With game ticket prices cratering, I'm thinking of booking out of Chicago RT for $700. Wife has to work so gave me a hall pass.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its the best no hassle airport out here. Come on, you'll

Jan 3, 2019, 6:05 PM

pay for a flight but NEVER see your Tigers play in a natty with as good of a seat for the price. Come out, BE LOUD!!

null

Re: It took me literally 2 mins to cut your costs to $1700 total.

Jan 3, 2019, 3:45 PM [ in reply to It took me literally 2 mins to cut your costs to $1700 total. ]

Thanks, I tried Sacramento and price was still the same when I checked. This probably includes stops and holdovers.

Enjoy the game

GO TIGERS

Jan 3, 2019, 3:28 PM

I paid $1200 for 2 RT and a rental car out of Charleston which should be substantially more as we're not a major airport.

Jan 3, 2019, 4:02 PM

I paid $450 round trip total Charleston to Sacremento on Sat and San Fran to Charleston on Tues.

People just don’t take the time to look

Jan 3, 2019, 6:46 PM

Yeah mine was like even packaged in with my rental car and my stay for $1200 for 2 people.. If you're a Charleston native you know that's a crazy deal flying out of here haha.

Jan 3, 2019, 3:30 PM

I got my ticket from Ft Lauderdale for just under 500. Kind of expensive, but not that crazy.

$655 Round-Trip from NYC to San Jose

Jan 3, 2019, 3:33 PM

Leaving NYC early morning on game day, arriving in San Jose 3 hrs before game. San Jose airport is only 6 miles from the stadium. Fly back next day.

http://skipl.ag/y929

Re: $655 Round-Trip from NYC to San Jose

Jan 3, 2019, 3:42 PM

Thanks, this is at least reasonable but I will pass. I had tried San Jose as well as Sacramento and others. Never knew about this site but interesting. Mine were direct flights

I appreciate it and Happy New Year. Enjoy the game.

GO TIGERS

Jan 3, 2019, 3:45 PM

You were never going anyway then. Why even make the post, how much did you think flights were going to cost?

Jan 3, 2019, 3:55 PM

I was going. I have orange blood.

I was there in 1981 and 2017 but both games were in Florida

Have been a life long fan since I went to Clemson.

I regularly go to SF on business as my company's headquarters are in SF.

My best friend lives in Anderson and we go to games every year.

Just not going to kill myself or my wife to go as we both still work and have to be back at work.

Just pissed at how expensive it is compared to when I normally go out to SF on business (which my company pays). If I could stay a week then maybe I would pay it but can't.

GO TIGERS

Jan 3, 2019, 3:56 PM

It's only super expensive because you weren't smart enough to book these flights before this week.

Jan 3, 2019, 4:03 PM

bmore, I tried to book but I was told flights were not refundable so if they lost I would be out of pocket. Also wanted to make sure my buddy could get seats. No excuses, just facts. I don't have Southwest which will let you use the tickets at a future time.

Love the Tigers, always will.

GO TIGERS

Jan 3, 2019, 4:06 PM

All airlines are legally required to allow you to cancel your flight for free within24 hours of booking. Should have booked Saturday morning superstar

BS. You can get tickets right now for less than $800 each.

Jan 3, 2019, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: $655 Round-Trip from NYC to San Jose ]

Right now. You just have to click. Maybe you want first class, direct flight, taking off at an exact time that best suits you?

You’re wasting your time bitching bout prices if you aren’t willing to see the tons of flights that are available to you.

Jan 3, 2019, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: $655 Round-Trip from NYC to San Jose ]

He just wanted to get his excuses lined up for the real reason he's not attending --- he thinks we'll be in the Natty many more times in the near future and it's not worth the inconvenience for him to attend.

I hope he's right, but some of us will treat every Natty like our last.

Jan 3, 2019, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: $655 Round-Trip from NYC to San Jose ]

Are you willing to sell your tickets for $125 each?

Jan 3, 2019, 3:57 PM

No, my buddy who has season tickets is selling them himself. He was my source.

We graduated together and are life long buddies. I drive down to games every year.

His seats are great seats

OK. I get it now. You need an excuse for sticking your “buddy”

Jan 3, 2019, 6:57 PM

with extra tickets he can’t sell. Got it.

Not sure what OP is expecting

Jan 3, 2019, 3:59 PM [ in reply to $655 Round-Trip from NYC to San Jose ]

Direct flights under $500? The Skiplag recommendation for $650 seems ideal.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure what OP is expecting

Jan 3, 2019, 4:04 PM

not direct and checked it out

To each their own

Jan 3, 2019, 4:44 PM

I'd be missing work if flying on both Monday and Tuesday regardless.

You could fly out Monday morning, then red-eye back Monday night for under $500.

There are an infinite amount of options from NYC that you should explore. Granted they cost a bit more than the $250 you typically expense, but well worth it considering the price of game tix.

https://skiplagged.com/flights/NYC/SFO/2019-01-07/2019-01-07#trip=AA370-AA2634,B61516

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$640 each

Jan 3, 2019, 4:07 PM

https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en#flt=/m/02_286.SFO.2019-01-05*SFO./m/02_286.2019-01-07;c:USD;e:1;sd:1;t:f

Re: $640 each

Jan 3, 2019, 4:24 PM

Neal, thanks, getting to and from JFK is a ##### unfortunately. You have to leave at 4 am to avoid the traffic, which is even more ridiculous than what the flights costs

A travel agent I was using had me going out of JFK and then coming back to Newark, NJ. I said to him how do I get my car out at JFK? He said take a car service.

much appreciated

I did try google last week. First time I knew it was available.

GO TIGERS.

How about you list all your requirements

Jan 3, 2019, 4:48 PM

Airports. Schedule. Price. Everything. This entire board is trying to find an option for you to consider.

All I see you list are excuses.

Re: How about you list all your requirements

Jan 3, 2019, 4:56 PM

Tigerdave

Thanks but we made our decision and I have already advised my buddy that we are not going.

Too costly (overall, not just flights (which is the bulk of it), but also have to pay for hotel, parking, car rentals, food, etc.) and the hassles.

I appreciate all of the efforts of each of you and the suggestions you made.

This time my wife and I won't be there but will be watching and rooting them on.

GO TIGERS

THANKS AGAIN AND TO ALL OF YOU HAVE A HEALTHY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Found a direct round-trip from Newark to Oakland for $638

Jan 3, 2019, 5:37 PM

Flying on 6th and 8th:

http://skipl.ag/y9mh

Re: Found a direct round-trip from Newark to Oakland for $638

Jan 3, 2019, 5:43 PM

cufan®

Re: Found a direct round-trip from Newark to Oakland for $638

Jan 3, 2019, 6:38 PM

You could find him a free flight and accommodation, negotiate extra days off with his boss... and he still isn’t going.

Not sure why OP posted initially as everything except the flight costs were known.

Re: How about you list all your requirements

Jan 3, 2019, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Re: How about you list all your requirements ]

The excuse train can't be stopped. Enjoy your couch and a life of missed opportunity

Last week was the first time you knew google was available?***

Jan 4, 2019, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: $640 each ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Uber, Lyft, taxi, friend, hitch hike - desperate times call

Jan 4, 2019, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: $640 each ]

for desperate measures

Jan 3, 2019, 5:53 PM

https://www.google.com/flights?lite=0#flt=LGA.SJC.2019-01-05*SJC.LGA.2019-01-08;c:USD;e:1;sd:1;t:f

In two minutes on Expedia I found 9 flights from NYC

Jan 3, 2019, 6:35 PM

to Oakland for under $1000 each.

I think you are full of BS.

Jan 3, 2019, 7:03 PM

Try flying coach P Diddy!

Jan 4, 2019, 5:10 AM

I managed to fly from Thailand with my wife and my daughter to the US and to Dallas and to SFO for under $2,000.

what's the going rate for a thai wife these days?

Jan 4, 2019, 1:11 PM

axin fer a freend

This is easily the best thread of the week***

Jan 4, 2019, 9:34 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

concur***

Jan 4, 2019, 11:23 AM

Replies: 54
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic