Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Top 3 Reasons Why the ACC is Catching the SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Football Update: Top 3 Reasons Why the ACC is Catching the SEC

Sep 11, 2013, 9:08 AM

Top 3 Reasons Why the ACC is Catching the SEC

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Top 3 Reasons Why the ACC is Catching the SEC

Sep 11, 2013, 9:15 AM

Yikes. The ACC network is trying too hard here. I'd be fine if this link was not associated with Tnet

Re: Re: Football Update: Top 3 Reasons Why the ACC is Catching the SEC

Sep 11, 2013, 9:20 AM

I kinda like Clinton Portis's interviews, he's funny. Maybe a little over the top but he's new, so I will cut him some slack

Re: Re: Football Update: Top 3 Reasons Why the ACC is Catching the SEC

Sep 12, 2013, 7:13 AM

I'd bet the young crowd eats this stuff up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2013, 9:21 AM

The ACC is doing better, but I think fan support is what really sets the SEC ahead of the ACC in football. I wish the schools in the ACC would do more to garner fan support of the football programs. Miami played in front of a big crowd for the first time in a long time against Florida the other day, and they won. Hopefully those fans had a good time at the game and will start to actually support their program.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of ACC schools are in big cities and

Sep 11, 2013, 9:53 AM

big cities generally don't support college football teams unless they are winning. I think you'll see Miami attendance stay up as long as they keep winning.

I don't think so....

Sep 11, 2013, 9:57 AM

If you watched any of that game, you saw that the stands were filled with what appeared to be fans wearing alot of Florida blue and opposed to Miami green.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

With Miami being a pro town where people want to see

Sep 11, 2013, 8:32 PM

A winner, I think it would go up. They would go to see a show because it was the place to be. This probably wouldnt work for Syracuse or BC but I think that is the reason Miami used to have a crowd advantage.

Sep 11, 2013, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Top 3 Reasons Why the ACC is Catching the SEC ]

Just for the record, I'm not sure how you nterpret a long time, bit UM played UF in front of pretty much the same size crowd they always play FSU @ UM in front of. For the same reason. 35% Noles.

Tons of Nole alumni in Miami.

Sep 12, 2013, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Top 3 Reasons Why the ACC is Catching the SEC ]

The biggest difference is in the sec it seems to be all about football with very few exceptions. With the ACC it's about much more. Also, ESPN has fueled the sec fire with all the publicity, hype and constant bombardment of their football, which has been very good, especially with a top few programs. If we, FSU and Miami will catch fire and win a couple of NC's (and that is a huge if), we will get some of that love too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2013, 9:14 AM

I don't give a crap about ESECPN love, just give me the wins. Wins is that prooof we and everybody else looks for in the pudding.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2013, 12:26 PM

I believe we all want that "love" ESPN showers on the SEC, because we want the type of success on the field their top teams have experienced. When that comes, we get the accolades.

It's not... not yet anyway. Clemson is catching the SEC

Sep 11, 2013, 9:22 AM

although we really need to beat SC this year to put an exclamation point on that.

FSU is still in the neighborhood, but they've lost 7 of the last 9 to Florida.

Miami looks like they might be returning to that level, but i think they need to prove it over the course of a season.

VT isn't what they used to be, and even when they were they still got whipped by the better SEC teams a few times.

And the rest of the ACC ranges from bad to mediocre turds that aren't any better than Vandy and Ole Miss.

I am sad for Clinton Portis now.***

Sep 11, 2013, 9:30 AM

It's not the "ACC", it's Clemson, Miami, Louisville & FSU

Sep 11, 2013, 9:45 AM

that have caught/surpassed the 'Bama conference.

Same cannot be said for the GT's, Pitts, 'Cuses, Wakes and UVA's of the conference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

UVa had a respectable showing against the BYU team....

Sep 11, 2013, 9:52 AM

that embarrassed Texas, but against Oregon...not so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um, how many really good teams are there in the

Sep 11, 2013, 10:02 AM [ in reply to It's not the "ACC", it's Clemson, Miami, Louisville & FSU ]

$ECheat? No more than four.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Six until proven otherwise. We have maybe 3, 4 once

Sep 11, 2013, 10:08 AM

Louisville arrives if they can keep it going post-Bridgewater.

name the 6, please.

Sep 11, 2013, 10:09 AM

tia.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do i really need to name them? LSU had 10 wins, the

Sep 11, 2013, 10:16 AM

other 5 had 11+ last season.

Florida is questionable right now because of their offense and propensity to turn the ball over recently, but they still out-gained Miami like 420-210 or thereabouts in that loss. They have a lot of big games this year (LSU, UGA, SC, FSU), so i think it's too early to completely discount them. They had as many good wins as anyone in the country last year.

Re: Do i really need to name them? LSU had 10 wins, the

Sep 11, 2013, 10:21 AM

Scratch Flarda and Sakerlina off the list of "really good teams." Flarda's offense can't get out of its own way. Sakerlina has huge attitude problems which will only get worse as the season ensues. I'll give you 'Bama, LSU, UGA and maybe aTm. If they don't get Manziel's head right in a hurry, though, they'll hav the same problem Sakerlina has.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you leave Florida and the Capons on the list.....

Sep 11, 2013, 10:25 AM

until they fall on their own sword or step on their own johnson (hopefully with golf shoes).

OK, so who are the ACC's really good teams?

Sep 11, 2013, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Do i really need to name them? LSU had 10 wins, the ]

Clemson has lost 4 in the row to one of the teams you just scratched off the list including last year at home.

FSU has been totally dominated for the last decade by another team that you just scratched off the list, including last year at home.

Miami won one ugly game (against a team you are now saying isn't really good), in which they got dominated in total yardage. Are we really ready to say that Miami is "really good?"

Re: OK, so who are the ACC's really good teams?

Sep 11, 2013, 10:39 AM

No, I am not ready to say da U is a really good team. It took 5 Flarda TOs for them to win. That was a pathetic game, to say the least. Having said that, though, you can't give Flarda credit for being an elite team when they proved to be inept in the red zone.

I'd be willing to take Clemson and FSU vs their end-of-season rivals right now, regardless of the future spread on each game. Sakerlina has major problems among their ranks. They don't know how to handle success or failure. When Clowney is allowed to dog it off the field and cause a costly penalty without so much as a palms-up, and then you have defensive coaches in a shoving match on the sideine, and then you have SOS agreeing with Clowney's public whining, you have rampant cancer in that program. You watch; it will only get worse. Sakerlina's little run is over.

Jameis Winston is a phenom. He worries me. FSU will be a tougher out than UGA to start the season. Flarda can play D; I'll give them that, but their O is a train wreck. FSU will roll them.

Florida will live and die by the turnover this season....

Sep 11, 2013, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Do i really need to name them? LSU had 10 wins, the ]

just like they did in the game at Miami.

Re: name the 6, please.

Sep 11, 2013, 10:26 AM [ in reply to name the 6, please. ]

1.Bama, 2.LSWho, 3.UGA, 4.TAMU, 5.USUC, 6.Fla

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Um, how many really good teams are there in the

Sep 11, 2013, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Um, how many really good teams are there in the ]

Bama, LSWho, UGA, TAMU, USUC, Fla in the sec. Clemson FSU, Hopefully Miami, and Louisville in the acc. Any of the above has to be on their best game against Bama.

I'm sold on only the first three in the $ECheat. I'm

Sep 11, 2013, 10:43 AM

afraid Sumlin has allowed Johnny Football to get out of control. He's not an elite leader, therefore, aTm is not an elite team. I expect 'Bama to roll 'em. Sakerlina is a train wreck attitude-wise. Their veneer is peeling off.

Re: I'm sold on only the first three in the $ECheat. I'm

Sep 12, 2013, 9:11 AM

Veneer, try very thin skin is getting thinner!!!

Can't tell if he's trying to be funny or having a stroke***

Sep 11, 2013, 9:46 AM

Re: Can't tell if he's trying to be funny or having a stroke***

Sep 11, 2013, 10:33 AM

But honestly, the only team out of all the conferences that has held the road is Bama. Then the best of the rest can beat up on each other about any given day.

Sep 11, 2013, 10:27 AM

1. Not all of the ACC is teh sux.
2. The sec ain't all that.
3. There's only one way to go when you're on top.
4. This 'all in,' conference talk is horse balls..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2013, 8:48 PM

It is way premature to say the ACC is gaining on the SEC. Show some pattern of beating them and then we can make that statement. No proof of that yet.

Sep 12, 2013, 9:08 AM

I guess I'm going to get a TD also b/c, that is the truth.

I love the state of denial by the SEC homers...lol***

Sep 12, 2013, 12:50 PM

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic