Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USuCk's S&C secret for success
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

USuCk's S&C secret for success

Apr 20, 2012, 6:46 PM

Under Armour ... click clack.

It's obvious. The school put all sports in Under Armour 2 years ago ... baseball and basketball.

Hello Dabo, TDP .. WAKE UP!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USuCk's S&C secret for success

Apr 20, 2012, 7:02 PM

Their success walked out the door and headed to Penn State...then they missed on another guy and had to settle for one of the assistants

Apr 20, 2012, 8:11 PM

Who did we miss on he was named pretty much the same day

Apr 20, 2012, 8:47 PM

If you ask me, South Carolina has had relatively improved success due to improved recruiting (a direct result of membership in the SEC) and an improved coaching staff.

However, they lost Ellis Johnson (which will likely turn out to be a huge loss for their football program IMO) and they had a good (but not great) recruiting class this year.

They also lost their 5th year senior QB, #1 WR, #1 DE, and #1 CB. All from a team that didn't earn a spot in the SEC championship game. (in what turned out to be a down year
for the SEC Eastern division)

Apr 20, 2012, 8:53 PM

we had one slip up against auburn and lost to a better arky and we won every eastern division game soo..... whats your point... also that s&c video you tigers are drooling over was from this last winter... run by that assistant you are now bashing... nothing is getting worse in any area of our s&c. coach connolly is getting rave reviews, he was the right hand man to the other guy for years and years

Apr 20, 2012, 9:09 PM

Lol You must not know much about your program cause spurrier did try to get strength coach from baylor...and nobody bashed this new guy....This crap that yall have elevated recruiting is wrong.. lou holtz actually recruited better...Its just when he was there tenn,uga,and florida didnt suck....You coots cant seem to admit that your so called rise to fame has come due to tenn and florida struggling...cause yall have always had good fball players

Apr 20, 2012, 10:20 PM

Holtz didn't recruit "better". The classes were ranked higher as a result of signing some high-profile guys to go along with a bunch of 2-star talent and overrated 4-star talent. I can understand why you would think that's "better" considering some recent CU classes.

Our last few classes have been good, not great. From top to bottom, they've been very good. Brandon Wilds was our lowest rated recruit two years ago and it wasn't close. What did he do? Came in and carried the rushing load for 4 games and ran for 100+ yards in 3 of those games.

Apr 20, 2012, 10:32 PM

its past your bedtime ...run a long little one...you are completely delusional

Apr 20, 2012, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: USuCk's S&C secret for success ]

When you start admitting that you win 9 games/year because Wake, Duke, BC, Maryland, NCSU, UNC, UVA are down every year, I'll be happy to admit that our success is due to UF and UT being down.

Apr 20, 2012, 10:33 PM

we dont play duke,unc or uva every year

^^^This guy understands how ACC schedules work

Apr 20, 2012, 10:52 PM

We have to play FSU every year. Who by the way, is arguably better than anyone in the East.

In fact, I would bet that Georgia and FSU would go head to head in a matchup.

Re: ^^^This guy understands how ACC schedules work

Apr 22, 2012, 2:30 AM

FACT. FSU is down right now

Apr 20, 2012, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: USuCk's S&C secret for success ]

Your rationalization is astounding! SoCar has had some pretty good recruiting classes but if you can't admit that Tenn, Fl, and GA (up until last year) have been down during the "height" of the program, you have bigger problems than your choice of colleges...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2012, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: USuCk's S&C secret for success ]

Who is the guy from Baylor you are talking about? They named Connolly as his replacement in the press release about Fitz.

Apr 21, 2012, 8:26 AM

do you think this all happened in one day...spurrier new bout fritz leaving for awhile

Apr 21, 2012, 12:13 PM

I suppose. It happened pretty fast from what I remember, didn't hear rumors about it for a while. Do you have an article or anything that mentions this guys name?

Apr 21, 2012, 11:10 AM

I'm not denying that UT and UF have been down - Kiffin has ruined anything that UT ever had and they will be fighting an uphill battle for a few years. UF has a ton of talent across the board, but their offense was trying to fit a square peg in a round hole last year. At the same time, I would be willing to bet that UF and maybe UT would match up just fine against Maryland, Wake, or BC.

The Atlantic Division is a joke. You have one tough game every year: FSU. Just like you said, they would match up with UGA. I'll give you that. You get GT from the Coastal Division each year - a team that has lost 3 straight to their SEC rival, lost 3 straight bowl games (one to Utah, one to Air Force, and a 35-point loss to SEC foe LSU). Last year, you got VT from the Coastal. I'll give you that as a tough game even though CU handled them with no problems.

I have no problem saying that UT and UF are down - they clearly are. They've dropped to the level of a Wake or a BC. I understand that you can't help who you play - I just don't understand why CU fans have such a hard time admitting that their schedule is full of cupcakes except for FSU and USC.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic