Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USC-Jr is tops in the nation...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,798

USC-Jr is tops in the nation...

Jul 18, 2016, 1:15 PM

Grade inflation....

http://quorumcolumbia.org/2016/07/15/grade-inflation/

Message was edited by: TigerOmally®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoo..I N T E R E S T I N G !

Jul 18, 2016, 1:21 PM

And Heels in that list too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lmao........THE flagship university of south carolina....

Jul 18, 2016, 1:25 PM

the lie they're living is even a lie....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just another reason why their diplomas

Jul 18, 2016, 1:53 PM

are equal to Pheonix Online degrees. I know for a fact from looking in on MUSCs medical school admissions that GPAs are weighted based on universities. The top tier is only a few Ivey League and equivalent schools and includes Clemson Honors College grads. The second tier only in state school is Clemson. Third tier includes Furman, Wofford, cofc. Scar is in the fourth tier of gPA adjusting.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The writer, Ron Aiken, is a former State newspaper

Jul 18, 2016, 2:07 PM

guy. Glad they let him go years ago as there's no way that sell-out rag would ever initiate an article that hit at their golden goose like that.

Pretty scary stuff.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USC-Jr is number tops in the nation...

Jul 18, 2016, 2:16 PM

Great find! Very interesting. Even their own professors admit it's an academic wasteland. Yet, the coot PR machine keeps spinning it's propaganda:

“Dr. Sorensen, part of his mandate was to raise the University of South Carolina to a level where it was not just the flagship in-state institution of higher learning but to raise the stature nationally. There was a time when USC was a fallback school. Today, in 2016, it’s a destination school, the place people want to be.”

News flash: The University of South Carolina is NOT a destination school (especially for football coaches and players), and nobody wants to be there (especially football coaches and players).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2016, 3:39 PM

I grew up in the Cola area and USuC was my 5th choice of colleges, and it was only 30 min away. I went to my 2nd (Clemson). Clemson was my second choice only because I applied to Duke. No one goes out of their way to attend SCAR for the academics with the exception of the IMBA program.

I don't think people realize that #1ranked Int'l Business

Jul 18, 2016, 5:28 PM

program at usuck is a graduate program populated by 80 or 90 students......out of a student body total of 30,000 or so....not sure how many graduate programs in international business there are across the nation, but usuck was smart to get into the small pond--their business school over all is not particularly highly ranked---`and the last ranking I saw, the usuck business school was ranked just a few spots higher than Clemson's...and Clemson doesn't offer a master's in international biz.

Regardless, I haven't seen a national overall ranking of public universities in decades that has usuck even in the vicinity of Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 18, 2016, 2:18 PM

Five of the top 10 are SEC. No surprise there.

Fgf had a thread recently about 'beating Clemson

Jul 18, 2016, 2:24 PM

again' in the gpa department lol. This would be great to post in that thread. That's a guaranteed insta-ban.

Here we go...

Jul 18, 2016, 2:39 PM

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/carolina-beats-clemson-again.178662/

Re: Here we go...

Jul 18, 2016, 3:52 PM

The idiots at GC obviously do not understand the intent or nature of the research! Somebody needs to point out their stupidity!

USuck is known for two programs. The International School of Business and their Law School. Clemson academically is recognized as a far superior school from a number of scholar based assessments. Even USCe faculty recognize the difference when pressed to discuss the matter.

Go Tigers!

Never understood the bashing of other schools' academics.

Jul 18, 2016, 3:31 PM

I mean, sports is just for fun...I understand poking at the rival. But why go after the academics? Not every school can be an Ivy League-level school. There is a need for schools of all types, and for different types and levels of scholarship. It just seems personal...an attempt to tear down people. What other purpose would bashing the school's academics serve?

Just doesn't make any sense to me. Clemson is a great school for some people...South Carolina is a great school for some people.

(This isn't really a response to the original post in the thread, as much as the replies. The OP contains an interesting fact.)

Re: Never understood the bashing of other schools' academics.

Jul 18, 2016, 3:37 PM

Oh geez .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Pointing out facts ?The truth ? Bashing ?

Jul 18, 2016, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Never understood the bashing of other schools' academics. ]

Cry me a d@mn river. As pointed out, just last week, the Coots were championing their higher GPA. This article just proves how it was achieved.

Like I said, I didn't have a problem with the OP.***

Jul 18, 2016, 3:40 PM

It's funny, we bash their athletics to spite

Jul 18, 2016, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Never understood the bashing of other schools' academics. ]

(for the most part) their Bama mouthed fans and NOT so much the athletes that play the sport...they just happen to be the bystanders that get caught in the crossfire. I've got great respect for any athlete that puts it all out there on the field. USuCk even has some very respectable and humble players from time to time.

The academics, by in large, are a direct reflection of those fans/alumni that continue to run their mouths about OUR program. So all in all, I couldn't give two ####s if slamming their academics offends them or anyone else. It's not even really attacking the students, it's the administration that allows that inflation to happen. The professors clearly seem to be aware of the practice and aren't particularly thrilled.

Finally! Something scars cheats better at than Bammer.

Jul 18, 2016, 4:31 PM

GO C0cks!!!

~JKB

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,798
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic