Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
USC, Alabama, Oregon, Stanford...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

USC, Alabama, Oregon, Stanford...

Jan 1, 2014, 11:51 PM

Only 4 teams with 11 wins the last 3 seasons. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Want to shut Spurrier up, beat him! Otherwise deal with their success...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: USC, Alabama, Oregon, Stanford...

Jan 2, 2014, 12:00 AM

And the only team out of that group to not have a BCS bowl appearance or conference championship.

Must suck to be a coot.

Jan 2, 2014, 12:03 AM

Sucks to be in a conference that deserves more BCS bids than avilable spots. That all changes next year...

Jan 2, 2014, 12:05 AM

According to whom? ESPN? Give me a break. The SEC isn't stronger top to bottom than any other conference. The fact that Big 12 doormats aTm and MU can come in and dominate in their first two years proves that.

Jan 2, 2014, 12:09 AM

If you don't think that SC would have gotten a BCS bid this year if it wasn't for the rule limiting each conference to 2, then you are delusional...

Jan 2, 2014, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Re: USC, Alabama, Oregon, Stanford... ]

Honestly man, if you think we deserve a BCS bowl more than South Carolina, then you're just plain wrong.

Jan 2, 2014, 12:16 AM

tmac, You are simply too logical. You must leave the board immediately....

I'll say it again, I hope y'all enjoyed it. It's coming to

Jan 2, 2014, 11:57 AM

an end. Based on what, you say? Arguably the best defensive player and QB you've ever had are gone and the SEC Least will improve. They can't get worse....congrats on your season. Won't have many more years where you don't play any of the elite teams from the West. Which IS the SEC.

null

Jan 2, 2014, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Re: USC, Alabama, Oregon, Stanford... ]

LSU barely beat Iowa, South Carolina barely beat Wisconsin, and Georgia lost to Nebraska and you're preaching about quality of opponents and strength of conference? Give me a break. If you don't like the system win all your games and you won't have to worry about it. Things aren't going to just magically change next season to get South Carolina in to the playoff. In theory there will still be only two teams max from each conference in the playoff, meaning you will have to finish in the top two (which we know you can't do), or be playing in some big name bowl like the Outback Bowl or the Capital One Bowl again next season. I think you and the rest of your fan base think that the playoff will be four SEC teams every season form here on out. And if you actually believe that you are delusional.

Jan 2, 2014, 12:34 AM

The system sucks. And how do you know what fan base I am a part of. I actually have a kid at SC and Clemson. Pull for both teams. But if you think Clemson deserves to be in a BCS game after losing to SC, then you are the master of rationalization...

Jan 2, 2014, 12:38 AM

I don't think Clemson does deserve a BCS game. But I don't think South Carolina does either. You were, at best, the 4th best team in your conference. They can't just put the whole SEC in every spot of the BCS. Clemson coaches prepare for the game they are given and as a fan I watch the game we are assigned to, nothing more I can do.

It shouldn't matter where you finish in your conference

Jan 2, 2014, 1:37 PM

It where you finish in the nation that should be the determining factor. If there are 3 teams in your conference that actually finish ahead of you, that just shows what level of competition you had to play to get where you are.

Re: It shouldn't matter where you finish in your conference

Jan 2, 2014, 2:56 PM

Again. Don't bang your chest and talk about how great and tough your conference is and then look for pity points when you can't beat them and finish 4th in the conference. There are two teams per conference maximum in BCS bowls. It has been that way since it started, why are you complaining now?

You didn't play ANY of those teams that finished ahead of

Jan 2, 2014, 4:09 PM [ in reply to It shouldn't matter where you finish in your conference ]

You. Had you played them you would have been 7-5... Don't hang on the accomplishments of teams that would crush you and just bc you didn't play them at like ou can count it as part of your SOS.

Alabama, LSU and Auburn are great and we are in their conference so our strength of schedule is awesome.

Coot logic at its finest.

LSU finished behind SC. the other team that DID finish ahead

Jan 2, 2014, 4:24 PM

was Mizzou, whom Connor Shaw beat.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU finished behind SC. the other team that DID finish ahead

Jan 2, 2014, 4:36 PM

That is correct, but I'm not putting Mizzou ahead of SC. I'm putting LSU ahead of them. A 3 loss LSU from the SEC West is far superior to a 2 loss SC team.

Get rid of the preseason bias and I'm with you.***

Jan 2, 2014, 4:33 PM [ in reply to It shouldn't matter where you finish in your conference ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

You do realize SCAR lost to a 5-7 UT team...correct?***

Jan 2, 2014, 1:41 AM [ in reply to Re: USC, Alabama, Oregon, Stanford... ]

Re: You do realize SCAR lost to a 5-7 UT team...correct?***

Jan 2, 2014, 11:50 AM

you do realize the coots have beat us for 5 years in a ROW by double digits all 5 times. there is no better measure of a program than by head to head match ups, decided on the field of play, not by transitive games, or we beat them you didn't. we have to be logical and quit making excuses and admit we have to do something to beat them on the field. right now, regardless of the acc or sec, they are a better team than we are right now.

Jan 2, 2014, 4:33 PM

"....you do realize the coots have beat us for 5 years in a ROW by double digits all 5 times"??

no, we had no idea, puppyboy!! Why don't you stop pretending and run over to fgf or one of the other chicken sites and try to impress someone who might actually care.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2014, 7:42 PM

Hate to see you getting all angry. Tell you what....lets just say you guys beat yourselves 5 years in a row...by double digits....you guys beat the crap out of yourselves.....feel better ?

Jan 2, 2014, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: USC, Alabama, Oregon, Stanford... ]

No, it doesn't.

only South Carolina was probation***

Jan 2, 2014, 12:23 AM

When do they get off probation? I like the term "repeat

Jan 2, 2014, 4:28 PM

offenders."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Jan 2, 2014, 12:24 AM

Mangus, is that you with the yellow rain?***

Jan 2, 2014, 12:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two of those teams play in the same conference

Jan 2, 2014, 2:05 AM

And pretty good opponents in big bowl games over the last three years.

The other two are SCAR and bama. This just proves that it is as easier to win in the SEC east than the big 12, big 10, AAC, ACC.

Re: Two of those teams play in the same conference

Jan 2, 2014, 11:39 AM

^ Can't even respond to this idiot...

What?

Jan 2, 2014, 11:55 AM

You don't think Stanford and Oregon are two pretty good teams that have played in big bowls game over the last three years? Or do you think the SEC is really tough?

We beat the teams we we're suppose to beat

Jan 2, 2014, 11:57 AM

Coots lost to UGA and Tennessee. They pulled a ####. We do deserve to be in this game more.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

You think Lorenzo Ward is sending Fatheads of Johnny wearing

Jan 2, 2014, 12:04 PM

A Jaguars Uniform and pictures of women from Jacksonville right about now?

To OP:

Jan 2, 2014, 12:17 PM

Yes outstanding accomplishment, UScar is at their pinnacle. Unfortunate they slipped vs Tennessee but Shaw was hurt/knocked out and they are just not the same without him moving the chains.

As for clemson, yes we've had consistent success...won 10 again, beat a healthy uga, beat every team we were favored to beat by double digits. So while we've lost the state Super Bowl again, we've done things scar has not, and beat teams they have not. So yes, being a member of a conference with the #1 team, we replace them in the orange bowl.

Fair and square. Don't pound your chest and chant sec and then pout about not being in a BCS game. Scar is still considered red headed step child of the sec by the old guard. Not sure spurrier helps that perception.

Re: To OP:

Jan 2, 2014, 1:40 PM

First of all, I am not a coot. Have kids at Clemson and SC and pull for each program. That being the case, I can look at things objectively. You obviously can't. SC owns Clemson right now. Whehter you chose to acknowledge that is your business...

Does your child at USC feel sad that their sibling was able

Jan 2, 2014, 4:13 PM

To get into Clemson while they were not?

Re: Does your child at USC feel sad that their sibling was able

Jan 2, 2014, 6:05 PM

She got in both schools, but thanks for your concern @$$clown

Jan 2, 2014, 4:43 PM [ in reply to Re: To OP: ]

PLEASE don't pull for us anymore...just go be a coot & allow at least one of the kids to think straight.

support your kid, not the university.

we don't need any un-sures around here! You seem to fit their description much better & you obviously LOVE the SEC..so where did you graduate?

Jan 2, 2014, 6:06 PM

Magical retort Cletus....

And yes

Jan 2, 2014, 12:20 PM

Spurrier said they got lucky vs clemson in post game. We won the lines of scrimmage scar could not run between the tackles(big boy football). Wisconsin won the LOS too, scar has found ways to win games in the 4th quarter despite this.

Re: And yes

Jan 2, 2014, 4:44 PM

coot luck...

Tell'em Coot***

Jan 2, 2014, 1:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell'em Coot***

Jan 2, 2014, 1:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's inaccurate. USC hasn't won 11 games since 2008***

Jan 2, 2014, 1:31 PM

Re: That's inaccurate. USC hasn't won 11 games since 2008***

Jan 2, 2014, 1:43 PM

Grab a abacus their Skippy...

Re: That's inaccurate. USC hasn't won 11 games since 2008***

Jan 2, 2014, 1:45 PM

Grab a seat in 3rd grade English, coot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when you decide on which school you'd like

Jan 2, 2014, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: That's inaccurate. USC hasn't won 11 games since 2008*** ]

to support, be sure to sign up for English 101, "THERE, Skippy"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Southern Cal did not have 11 wins the past 2 years***

Jan 2, 2014, 4:30 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic