Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Popeyes chicken sandwich > *
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1,128

Popeyes chicken sandwich > *

Nov 15, 2019, 12:22 PM

This morning before work I stopped in to the local Popeyes, packing heat obviously, at 10 AM to get the all coveted Chicken Sandwich. When I arrived the doors were locked. This had me looking over my shoulder a few extra times to make sure a fight or murder wasn't in progress. Turns out the employees aren't too motivated at Popeyes and they were a little behind getting the store opened.

Apparently this sandwich has mgnt on point however as they had them ready to go but hadn't cooked any chicken for the other entrees yet. I know b/c the guy behind was pretty pist off that the fact it was going to take 15 mins to get him some wangs.

I opted for the spicy sandwich w/o pickles b/c Micallen. The spicy spice is actually a spicy mayo (gross) but I chose to roll with it. Continuing to check my 6 I made my way to the car with a spicy chicken sandwich meal and an extra sandwich b/c Im a nice guy. Picked one up for a coworker.

We'll start with the size. If you're a size queen like TheProdigal's wife this sandwich is for you. The chicken is nearly 1 and 1/2 that the size of CFA and it makes Bojangles sandwich look like an A cup, flat as the wall.

Second, the chicken is tender, not chewy like CFA or Bojangles.

C, the breading is crispy. Not KFC crispy but light years ahead of CFA and Bojangles.

4, the bun was great, lightly buttered and a nice compliment to the breading.

Popeyes fries are still subpar. Not Zaxbys subpar but they aren't Arby's curly fries even though they try to be.

Sadly I was too caught up in the idea of getting a chicken sandwich w/o adversity to remember to order myself an apple pie. Those are always on point too if they have them ready. Most of the time I've had to wait on them to cook one.

If you haven't had one already, the hype is real.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it was pretty mediocre

Nov 15, 2019, 12:28 PM

Of course, I unwittingly waited for an hour to get the one I ordered online. Chicken was dry and the sandwich wasn't spicy at all. The only plus was the @sizequeen. Maybe the quality was just lower because they were having to make so many. I'll probably just continue to get their spicy tenders and get sandwiches somewhere else, because their tenders are much better than their sandwiches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who waits an hour for a fast food sandwich?***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lulz***

Nov 15, 2019, 12:30 PM

I only did because I'd already paid online

Nov 15, 2019, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Who waits an hour for a fast food sandwich?*** ]

Wasn't clear how I was supposed to cancel or how I was even supposed to know when my food was ready.

Also, the Popeye's sandwich meal is actually more expensive than the CFA one now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I only did because I'd already paid online

Nov 15, 2019, 12:34 PM

1) did you see the lady be hospitalized after asking for a refund at Popeyes. You don't ask for a refund or to cancel your order

2) it should be more expensive b/c its more better and more bigger

Same here. I waited for 20 minutes for

Nov 15, 2019, 1:09 PM [ in reply to I thought it was pretty mediocre ]

one. I agree with TOTE1 about the quality/consistency/texture of the chicken, but overall the flavor was just bland. And there MIGHT have been 1/2 tsp of the mayo on mine. Sweet pickles didn't set it off enough.

I'm going to try again when the hype dies down and get a side of the spicy mayo and add it myself.

I think you would have liked it a lot better if

Nov 15, 2019, 2:41 PM [ in reply to I thought it was pretty mediocre ]

they'd charged you $12 for it and put it in a grease-soaked 5 Guys bag.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've said the same thing about craft beer.

Nov 15, 2019, 3:18 PM

I bet if I could put Colt 45 Raspberry Watermelon flavored malt liquor into some pretentious sounding name like "Tart Side of the Moon" or "Blitzkrieg Hops Double IPA" with a fancy picture on the label, it would end up on SOMEONE'S pic of their "haul" this week.

Later it would be described "From a 22 oz. bottle into a wine glass this beer pours out a dark cranberry in color and forms two fingers worth of sea foam pink crown tinted with gold.

The nose brings raspberry and watermelon hard candies, and a bit of spice or something in the back. Biscuit, dry air of a garden, smelling like the slight rot of expired raspberries in a wild raspberry patch in the wild.

The taste comes in with more of that watermelon hard candy mixing with a biscuit and jammy pie notes.

Dry, slightly tart and coats with a slick sweetness.

Overall, very tasty beer with watermelon hard candy being the most prominent aspects."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there's one thing I've observed in life, it's that you

Nov 15, 2019, 3:25 PM

can get most people to go along with pretty much anything, so long as you make them perceive it to be popular or cool. Politics, music, beer, doesn't matter. If Dabo Swinney started declaring that ######## your paints was cool, 40% of Death Valley would be taking laxatives with their beer pre game tailgating.

Women's fashion is another example, you see chicks walking around like they're a super model that look absolutely ridiculous. But then you'll notice that trend start to catch on, then one day it's like you've woken up in clown world.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perfect example: cowboy boots and sundresses.

Nov 15, 2019, 3:28 PM

In august and September.

I can't imagine the amount of burning garbage those boots smell like after tailgating, walking and getting beer, liquor and probably some p!ss spilled in them on a 95 degree Saturday in September.

Where did you find this elusive Popeyes?

I went through Easley this week and saw they had a new one, but I have no idea where any other locations are.

I have one in Boiling Springs about 2 mins from the house

Nov 15, 2019, 12:29 PM

How crazy am I, 1) going to a Popeyes in Murderburg 2) to order a chicken sandwich.

You live 2 minutes from a Popeyes????

Nov 15, 2019, 12:32 PM

Sounds like a nice neighborhood.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Lol. Nice pull.***

Nov 15, 2019, 1:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is one in Greer on wade hampton.

Nov 15, 2019, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Where did you find this elusive Popeyes? ]

That’s where I get mine. Sandwich is very good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you honkeys gentrify Popeyes, I'll lose my shiit

Nov 15, 2019, 12:29 PM

You guys come in like locusts and destroy anything good that my culture has built.

We wus kangs!

SMDH.

You'll always have Church's***

Nov 15, 2019, 12:33 PM

Gross.

Nov 15, 2019, 1:13 PM

I'll never forgive them for putting that chemical in their chicken to kill my people.

Hold on a sec...

Nov 15, 2019, 12:37 PM [ in reply to If you honkeys gentrify Popeyes, I'll lose my shiit ]

Ryan and Sarah are black or just Ryan?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're that white family in the 1998 Police Interceptor

Nov 15, 2019, 12:38 PM

wearing matching sweatsuits.

King and Queen crowns in the back window.***

Nov 15, 2019, 12:44 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a 1990 Oldsmobile Delta 88, with grateful dead

Nov 15, 2019, 2:08 PM [ in reply to They're that white family in the 1998 Police Interceptor ]

stickers all over the back... get it straight.

and a trunk full of meth***

Nov 15, 2019, 2:45 PM

The dude lives between Gaston and Swansea

Nov 15, 2019, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Hold on a sec... ]

that's all I'm saying

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fake news***

Nov 15, 2019, 1:11 PM

Anything west or south and west of Lexington propah

Nov 15, 2019, 1:53 PM

And it's all the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.

Nov 15, 2019, 2:06 PM

I'm a few miles west of the town proper.

Here is an accurate map of SC

Nov 15, 2019, 2:52 PM

You have Orangeburg in the Dead Zone, but the truth of it is

Nov 15, 2019, 4:01 PM

that it's a GREAT place to find murder for hire contractors at reasonable rates.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You may be safe if on the lake, or in a new subdivision

Nov 15, 2019, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Agreed. ]

There is some progress and suburbia moving that direction. Once you get into the trailer/meth/USC fan/State Fair crowd part of the county, well....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In some ways, I'm white.

Nov 15, 2019, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Hold on a sec... ]

In some ways, I'm black as the night sky.

But mostly, I'm white.

SarahAdidas is redbone.

oh, so you are basically APM.***

Nov 15, 2019, 1:29 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNGH, das right, playa

Nov 15, 2019, 1:44 PM

game respeck game ~ATL PAW MAN®

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ungh!***

Nov 15, 2019, 1:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ungh!***

Nov 15, 2019, 2:07 PM

My new Popeyes is right next to Whole Foods.***

Nov 15, 2019, 4:13 PM [ in reply to If you honkeys gentrify Popeyes, I'll lose my shiit ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Popeyes chicken sandwich >

Nov 15, 2019, 12:36 PM

https://time.com/5728235/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-stabbing-arrest/

Re: Popeyes chicken sandwich >

Nov 15, 2019, 12:40 PM

I can now appreciate the people that put their lives in harms way to get one of these sandwiches

thug liiiife! ungh

Nov 15, 2019, 7:10 AM

https://twitter.com/jessekellydc/status/1195334467029741574?s=21

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people just don't appreciate the age old attraction of

Nov 15, 2019, 4:03 PM

dinner and a show.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1,128
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic