Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Baylor v UNC bowl game may
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

The Baylor v UNC bowl game may

Dec 27, 2015, 5:03 PM

shed some light on the relative strength of the Big XII against a team we've beaten.

I haven't heard what Baylor's QB situation is expected to be come Tuesday but I expect the cheaters to cover.

If UNC blows out Baylor it will make me believe the same fate awaits the Sooners on Thursday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks; but I do fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times. - Bruce Lee

however, I hope the cheating tarholes get absolutely destroyed.

Dec 27, 2015, 5:13 PM

their Chardonnay and Brie argyle tears are miraculously sweet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Amen

Dec 27, 2015, 5:53 PM

and care little that the loss will reflect poorly on Swoffies conference

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Baylor v UNC bowl game may

Dec 27, 2015, 5:30 PM

I am so glad we didnt lose to the team wearing plae blue argyle. what a disgrace that institution is in every respect

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

disgraceful, indeed

Dec 27, 2015, 6:16 PM

that UNC-CH is still #5

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public

:)

i guess informed and objective opinions don't match yours?

UNCheat is not #5 for their athletes

Dec 27, 2015, 6:25 PM

They just use them for their athletic talent and send them down the road with a degree, the very few athletes that received one, that is the product of 20 years of an academic sham.

Re: UNCheat is not #5 for their athletes

Dec 27, 2015, 7:14 PM

Lots more than 20 years.....don't be naive

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

wonder how that ranking might be affected if the

Dec 27, 2015, 6:33 PM [ in reply to disgraceful, indeed ]

accreditation folks decide---considering how unc misrepresented the academic/athletic problems that resulted in "the worst scandal in NCAA history" to them---to pull unc's accreditation after placing the university on probation recently???

I'm guessing that should a considerable percentage of federal funding get pulled if unc's accreditation is revoked, that ranking might take a tumble---from reading the newspapers, it sure seems the state of NC is tightening unc's money flow already.....a president has resigned, an AD's career reputation has been ruined, several former employees including a former President of the Faculty Senate have been fired, most of the Board from before the scandal are gone............I think the only ones who don't get how serious all this was/is are those tarhole sports fans who remain unconviced of their school's perfidy

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dream on

Dec 27, 2015, 6:35 PM

if it makes you feel better to wallow in your fantasies

you'll have more laughs when the NCAA finally comes down on the Heels.. til then.. keep dreamin'

:)

Accrediting Body Places unc On Probation (link)

Dec 27, 2015, 6:42 PM

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2015/06/12/accrediting-body-places-unc-probation

ranking came out after the probation was announced

Dec 28, 2015, 8:45 AM

you can believe that UNC will lose accreditation if it makes you feel better... reality rarely seems to affect your opinions

Re: disgraceful, indeed

Dec 27, 2015, 7:35 PM [ in reply to disgraceful, indeed ]

sorry you cant accept your school is a group of cheating slime balls. keep deluding yourself

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

???

Dec 28, 2015, 8:47 AM

show me where i've ever denied it

i posted direct links to the Wainstein report within moments of it becoming available

sorry you can't accept that not every objective and informed observer shares your hate

Wasn't Baylor projected in every spirts publications top 4? UNC didn't make a preseason top25***

Dec 27, 2015, 5:48 PM

exactly

Dec 27, 2015, 6:20 PM

BU was # 4 in both the AP and Coaches early polls

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/2/seasontype/2/year/2015/week/1

Dec 27, 2015, 5:55 PM

Probably not the best metric to measure by, Baylor was on their 2nd string QB when they played OU....now they're on their 3rd stringer... And Coleman (top WR) & Linwood (top RB) are also out for the bowl.

Dec 27, 2015, 5:58 PM

So if Baylor wins, you'll underestimate Clemson?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 27, 2015, 6:03 PM

No, I'm not much for transitive logic....I don't think UNC / Baylor has anything to do with OU/Clemson....

Dec 27, 2015, 6:11 PM

I think when UNC has the ball it can establish some narratives but the Baylor and OU defenses aren't really on the same level.

Dec 27, 2015, 6:20 PM

Yeah....it might show bits....but overall not much. Conf opponents always play each other different than OOC opponents IMO.
Conf foes know each others tendencies, player/coaching strengths/weaknesses a little better....then throw in a month to prep, who knows? Bowls (non playoff) are fickle at best to measure much.

Dec 27, 2015, 6:01 PM

Baylor is decimated by injuries. I don't think it'll be very indicative of what a typical ACC vs B12 matchup. UNC is also hungry as this bowl define their season. Baylor was playoff or bust and they busted.
But I think ACC teams will win both ??

agree, i think the Heels will be motivated

Dec 27, 2015, 6:27 PM

chance to win 12 for the first time in school history and finish in the top 10 for the first time since 1997

If UNC beats Baylor then, by default, USuCk also beat Baylor

Dec 27, 2015, 6:42 PM

did I do that right?

I wouldn't take much from this game.

Dec 27, 2015, 7:09 PM

Baylor is pretty dinged up. I guess if maybe a dinged up Baylor puts a beat down on UNC that wouldn't be a good thing. I think UNC wins the game, partially because Baylor is banged up.

Dec 27, 2015, 8:02 PM

You mentioned that you haven't heard about Baylor's QB status.

Baylor will be starting their 3rd string QB (who returns from being injured in their last game).

BTW, Baylor will also be without their leading WR (Coleman, this year's Biletnikoff winner), and leading RB, Linwood.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic