Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UNC secondary
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,360

UNC secondary

Nov 30, 2015, 9:24 PM

Reading a lot of UNC fans say that their secondary is as good, if not better than, ours? I have not watch them much this season, but I can't believe they have a secondary better than ours. We have NFL talent all over the field... 2 first rounders for sure, I have to think Green is 4-6 round talent as well. What say you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC secondary

Nov 30, 2015, 9:31 PM

They had a lot of players go down against the wolfies ,.,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2015, 9:46 PM

Smiley won't be playing against us. They will be starting a Freshman.

They aren't.***

Nov 30, 2015, 9:32 PM

Nov 30, 2015, 9:32 PM

Their secondary like last year no good. Watson and our receivers is going to have their way.

Nov 30, 2015, 9:57 PM

agreed, Watson will go over 400 yds passing imo

Nov 30, 2015, 9:36 PM

More UNC propaganda, their secondary is extremely average, they gonna see a good secondary come Saturday night! They have trouble stopping anyone on defense, our D mans up and can be dominate! They cannot dominate anyone!

Cannot wait until Saturday night!

Nov 30, 2015, 9:44 PM

They also claim they have better receivers than us. If you read their scout site the only strength we have is our D line.

QB's even
Receivers Unc
Db's Unc
LB Unc
Special Teams Unc
Running Backs Unc
D line Clemson
O line Unc

I can give them special teams and running back but no way are they better in all the other areas. I hope we beat them 30. I will take a 1 point win but living here in NC I am tired of hearing how they are going to curb stomp us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

qb even, LOL

Nov 30, 2015, 9:53 PM

receiver even - LOL, we are WR U

DB's even LOL - they don't have NFL 1st round corner and possible high draft safety.

LB Unc - maybe if Big Ben doesn't heal up ...fast.

special teams UNC - agree. We are terrible on special teams and it could cost us a game. Our punting average is terrible and I am afraid he is going to get blocked. Our cover game still scares me. Our return game is non-existent and UNC is very good here.

running backs - Hood awfully good. I think a healthy Gallman along with our depth give us the edge.

D line Clemson - duh

Oline - I like our o line - at least even

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I read that too.

Nov 30, 2015, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: UNC secondary ]

Right now, after reading a lot, I'd say

QB - Clemson by quite a bit
RB - UNC slightly
WR - Clemson
OL - Clemson
DL - Clemson
LB - UNC slightly
Special Team - UNC (mainly big play by the returner, otherwise about the same)
DB - Clemson

Mainly, it's because they haven't really played a good passing offense. Their number looks good because they held the passing game against teams like GT, UVa, Illinois, SCar, Delaware, Wake and NC A&T really well. They only gave up 24 passing yards to Delaware. After that, averaged to about 250 yards or so in the last five games. 326 yards against Miami.

Don't you think DW4 and the crew would be able to pick them apart?

Nov 30, 2015, 9:43 PM

They have a good amount of PBU and Int...however they haven't played good QBs. Mitch, 2 FCS QBs, Justin Thomas, Sirk from Duke, WF QB, Pitt QB, I could go on.

The best QBs they faced were Kayaa who threw for 300 yards against them and Brissettt who found it was easy to run against them.

They don't have the talent we do. I would say they have 3rd to 4th best secondary in ACC

Nov 30, 2015, 9:55 PM

I haven't watched a lot of their games either. I look at the stats. The combined PBU of their CBs is much higher than that of ours though--27 versus 11. Keep in mind though they haven't really played a good offense. The best offensive teams they played include Pitt, Miami and NC State. They didn't play a lot of games out of their home field too.

Also, their rushing defense is among the worst in the country--105th in the nation and 13th in ACC. Basic football I guess, we run through them and the passing game will open up.

Their passing defense number may look good, but as I said before, they have faced a good offense like us. The low numbers came from the first half of the season. In the last five games, their passing D gave up a lot of yards. Highest was against Miami at 326 yards.

Our D may have given up a lot of yards lately. But I think they were all trap games after we clinched divisional title. Everyone expected we should win easily over Syracuse, Wake Forest and SCar.

At first, I was concerned. Right now, I'm pretty confident. I'd say we win by 2 TD's.

Nov 30, 2015, 10:21 PM

My main concern is stopping Hood and Williams on the ground. They will try to throw a lot of short to intermediate routes to get fat boy in rythym, but he's a killer when he runs it. If you let him, he will gash the sh*t out of you. Our LBs and interior lineman will have to step up. Won't hurt to walk Jayron up on a few too to blow some sh*t up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,360
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic