Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UNC professor is going after Dabo in the Charlotte Observer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

UNC professor is going after Dabo in the Charlotte Observer

Dec 10, 2015, 7:46 AM

You mad bro?
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/football/article48808445.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC professor is going after Dabo in the Charlotte Observer

Dec 10, 2015, 7:49 AM

should clean up his own back yard regarding academics

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2015, 9:12 AM

Exactly what I was going to say.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC professor is going after Dabo in the Charlotte Observer***

Dec 10, 2015, 7:50 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Dec 10, 2015, 7:52 AM

What the hell is a "Distinguished Professor at UNC-Chapel Hill"? Does that mean he actually shows up at a class room once or twice a semester?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If this a$$clown really wants to get on a soapbox and rant

Dec 10, 2015, 7:54 AM

he should go after UNCheat for the deliberate, systematic, unparalleled and decades-long academic fraud that took place solely, exclusively and entirely to keep student-athletes at UNCheat academically eligible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

amen*

Dec 10, 2015, 7:55 AM

&

Re: If this a$$clown really wants to get on a soapbox and rant

Dec 10, 2015, 8:29 AM [ in reply to If this a$$clown really wants to get on a soapbox and rant ]

BEWM!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dec 10, 2015, 8:00 AM

What a stooge! I wouldn't expect more from one of their professors. I wonder if this is the "African Studies" guru? These "kids" are old enough to vote, and Teasdale knew very well what his assignment was. He purposefully took it upon himself to gain glory, at what could have been the expense of the entire team. It deserved a huge rant. Many coaches would have benched him. Dabo didn't. I'll bet he learned a good lesson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2015, 8:08 AM

I bet Teasdale never tries a fake punt, without being told to, EVER again. This is big boy football. If it is too harsh for the distinguished professor, that's too bad. Ask any of those players about Dabo, and I bet not one will respond negatively. It's called RESPECT, Mr. Professor. Those who live in glass houses.....

Dec 10, 2015, 8:09 AM

bet you anything he is a liberal, tree hugging obama lover. Plain and simple p_ssy.

Dec 10, 2015, 8:02 AM

worth posting this facebook comment:

Chris Barr
Gene Nichol is a chapel hill law professor, why is he writing about Dabo getting in someone's butt for being bone-headed. Why has Gene not written an article about Nick Saban digging in one of his kids butt's for screwing up during a punt. Nichols is a confirmed political hack, a failed college president, and your tax dollars are paying him 212k to whine about the opposing teams coach when that coach lost his temper on a bonehead play. Gene, stick to teaching whatever you are suppose(d) to be teaching and milking the state for. Leave coaching to coaches, and remember there aren't any "safe zones" so people feelings don't get hurt in football.

UNC professor and Potentially Anti-Christian. Agenda?

Dec 10, 2015, 8:05 AM

Writer was forced to resign as President of William & Mary a few years back most notably for removing the cross from the school's chapel. With his background, Dabo was an obvious target.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2008/02/12/controversial-college-william-and-mary-president-resigns.html

he would have really flipped if he would have seen

Dec 10, 2015, 8:17 AM

Jesus in the temple with the money changers...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the commenters shredded his article...

Dec 10, 2015, 8:06 AM

Devastating.....

Adam Beranek
The Clemson team spent years of hard work and sacrifice working toward a common goal. In one moment of selfishness this player could have cost the Team everything they have worked so hard for. Coach Swinney had every right to be upset and taught this young man a very valuable lesson that he will carry with him the rest of his life. Not all college students need "safe spaces" or counseling after perceived offenses or micro-aggressions.

To put it into a context that a UNC professor can understand I give you the following scenario. Imagine a university, its faculty, staff, coaches and athletes spent decades conspiring and working very hard to commit academic fraud on massive levels in order to succeed in athletics. For decades it works because everyone works together as a "team". Then one day one of the teammates decides to go out their own and it blows the whole thing. Decades of hard work and cheating by so many down the drain because of the selfish actions of one individual.

Re: One of the commenters shredded his article...

Dec 10, 2015, 9:40 AM

UNC professor is a JERK.....

Dec 10, 2015, 8:07 AM

A good a$$ chewing never hurt nobody.

Go TIGERS..........

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Dec 10, 2015, 8:10 AM

The tarholes didn't win Saturday night, however, they were given masters degrees for playing well.

Did not read the article, but my favorite quote from the pro

Dec 10, 2015, 8:14 AM

fessor was," And on top of that, Dabo made that poor punter go to class on Monday!".

Dec 10, 2015, 8:21 AM

Cry me a river

Dec 10, 2015, 8:27 AM

Seems like he needs to worry his own issues. I quit reading when he couldn't spell our players name correctly. It's Teasdall......not Teasdale.

Unless our ACC Championship has been taken away

Dec 10, 2015, 8:31 AM

then IDGAF

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He should have yelled at the punting coaches too

Dec 10, 2015, 8:37 AM

On the replay it looked like he made a bad calculation on the punt timing. Looked like he was trying to delay his kick to allow the team to get downfield but ended up taking way too long (he did the exact same maneuver on the very next punt). Then saw the UNC rush, got caught in pickle and realized he was going to be blocked and made the fateful decision to try to run for it.

Someone actually suggested in another post somewhere that he actually made the right decision based on the situation. The worst result would have been a blocked punt, returned for a TD, which he avoided. So yes, it looked bad, but it could have been a lot worse.

So Dabo, like the rest of the country, was under the impression that Teasdall went rogue. I understand the angry reaction, but I think he needs to look at what motivated Teasdall to make the decision, and whether or not one coaches asked him to delay the punt.

Teasdall was part one of the problem. Part two is the punting coach, who also should take some responsibility.

Ummm..........

Dec 10, 2015, 8:53 AM

If I had seen one inkling of protest or some effort by our punter attempting to explain his actions to the head coach, I would accept some portion of this explanation. Otherwise, at face value, it appears as it appears.

As it is, and based upon the post game locker room videos, it is in the past! Done Deal! Put that play behind you!

Go, Tigers! BYOG!

after reading this it was the gayest sh@t

Dec 10, 2015, 8:58 AM

I have ever read. He needs to pick up his panties and get on with life. I have a marine Corp dad and grandad that have chewed my ### out at times when I deserved it and it certainly didn't "scar me for life " if anything it made me more accountable. Tough love. It seems some people want everyone to sway and per these days

Squat and pee. Autocorrect butchered

Dec 10, 2015, 8:59 AM

That

Squat and pee. Autocorrect butchered

Dec 10, 2015, 8:59 AM [ in reply to after reading this it was the gayest sh@t ]

That

....umm players are not going to blame their coaches

Dec 10, 2015, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Ummm.......... ]

You never see our players throwing their coaches or fellow teammates under the bus for obvious reasons. That kind of response would never fly on a Clemson team. Teasdall could have thrown shade at one of his coaches for putting him in that position, or the blockers for not blocking, instead he did what every player is coached to do, which is to man up and take responsibility for the result of the play. Fortunately he was able to move on to put it behind him and he got the job done the rest of the game, despite the pressure of a coach chewing his ### in front of 80,000 people and a national tv audience. Says a lot about his character.

I don't think it is possible you will get an honest assessment from any player in his situation immediately after the game. They want to stay in the good graces if they want to keep their scholarship money.

Incidentally, I think the Charlotte writer forgot to mention that Dabo had $800,000 worth of bonus money riding on a victory that night. Wonder if that was on his mind when he yelled at Teasdall.

ive never seen such over exaggerated writing in all my life

Dec 10, 2015, 8:42 AM

its ridiculous how much this guy is over playing everything and using big words to do so. you would have thought this was an entire movie ###### the way he is portraying it.

I guess they are just upset because they have nothing to write about now since the academics scandal is over and their beloved carolina hurricanes dont play hockey anymore!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder if he taught one of the fake classes

Dec 10, 2015, 8:50 AM

He should hear shattering glass

Soon as I got to UNC Professor in same sentence--

Dec 10, 2015, 8:56 AM

I knew this was fictional

One word - academia***

Dec 10, 2015, 8:57 AM

Shouldn't UNC professors be teaching & grading papers ?

Dec 10, 2015, 9:00 AM

Oh wait ...... Never mind!

Two thoughts come to mind ....
1. The song with the chorus "Too much time on my hands".
2. Idle time is the devil's workshop ...... Beeeotch

Dec 10, 2015, 9:02 AM

Just google "Gene Nichol" and look at the kind of garbage this guy advocates for in the first place. This is just some over-educated pr** who likely has never played an organized sport, probably was never spanked by his parents.

Can't even spell our punter's name right.

Dec 10, 2015, 9:08 AM

It's Teasdall not Teasdale.

What a moron.

Dec 10, 2015, 9:09 AM

UNC Profs should never, ever criticize anyone on the planet. They should hang their collective heads in shame and live a life of mediocrity as to their abilities to teach ANYTHING. They should be banned from public and wear those veils of shame that those Muslim women wear. Any paper that quotes what those ne'er-do-wells spout should be seriously punished for propagating their nonsense.

Yawn***

Dec 10, 2015, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Maybe we can get Dabo to scream at some opposing fans

Dec 10, 2015, 9:16 AM

behind the bench and get them thrown out like Roy did at the Dean dome. The real truth is Clemson kept UNC in the game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go teach your class. Oh...all of your classes are fake?

Dec 10, 2015, 9:21 AM

If you lose, you have to ##### about something. I hate the Holes.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2015, 9:28 AM

degradation, invective, tirade, humiliation, vengeance, harangue, rage, vituperation, debasement, torrents of abuse, inflicted trauma...looks like somebody found thesaurus.com.

"literally mark the rest of a hopeful...young man's life"--literally?

"as we used to say in oklahoma", uncheat professor---dual grudge.

pathetic; it's over, get on with your life loser.

CLASSIC response in the comments section of the article:

Dec 10, 2015, 9:33 AM

The Clemson team spent years of hard work and sacrifice working toward a common goal. In one moment of selfishness this player could have cost the Team everything they have worked so hard for. Coach Swinney had every right to be upset and taught this young man a very valuable lesson that he will carry with him the rest of his life. Not all college students need "safe spaces" or counseling after perceived offenses or micro-aggressions.

To put it into a context that a UNC professor can understand I give you the following scenario. Imagine a university, its faculty, staff, coaches and athletes spent decades conspiring and working very hard to commit academic fraud on massive levels in order to succeed in athletics. For decades it works because everyone works together as a "team". Then one day one of the teammates decides to go out their own and it blows the whole thing. Decades of hard work and cheating by so many down the drain because of the selfish actions of one individual.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worshipping at the huevos of Dr. Spock

Dec 10, 2015, 10:05 PM

Never break the spirit of a child with discipline. Pffftttt......

This Nimrod projecting his feelings onto a football player he knows not. Football Mentality is:

Tough love is expected
Tough love is accepted
Tough love is loved and revered as time advances

And NO YOUR WEREN'T a football player you pusscake! In your time, you would have got what Teasdall did, Church of God Style (10-fold worse). Based on your reply, you would have burst into tears in front of your HC like a female.

Now, get back to your physically empty classroom, contact your TAs, have them submit those papers for:

Elijah Hood
Ryan Swicker
Bug Howard
Marcus Paige
Kenny Meeks
Brice Johnson

Get out your Red Pen and put an A on the top.

BTW, Prof. Nichols, how many hours w/Roget's College Thesaurus did you spend composing this pompously-worded fiction?

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: I guess he has never seen Butch Jones

Dec 10, 2015, 10:20 PM

in action.

His #### is taking a whoopin in the comments

Dec 10, 2015, 10:23 PM

LOL

Dec 10, 2015, 10:23 PM

He is just sore that they lost. Obviously he has never watched Nick Saban much if what he saw Saturday was the "worst" he had seen. I agree 100% with Dabo.

remember when NC State coach assaulted DW?

Dec 10, 2015, 10:28 PM

Pepperidge Farm remembers

Article also appeared in the Raleigh news and Observer

Dec 10, 2015, 10:58 PM

He certainly is getting the exposure he wanted. Meanwhile, Dabo wins Coach of the Year!

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic