Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UNC problems are just beginning.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,363

UNC problems are just beginning.

Jun 11, 2012, 1:31 PM

http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/06/08/2123750/unc-football-players-flocked-to.html

Have you guys seen this new report? I live in Raleigh (yes, Wolfpack territory) and every radio station is just buzzing about this. Cannot wait to see Swofford's reactions to this. How can he not impose a more stringent sanction on UNC than the earlier slap on the ###. I remember(it's been a while) missing a few classes here and there, but not having to go to any class and then turn in a 15 page paper? I had weekly projects that were longer than 15 pages. Come to UNC and we will make sure you don't have to go to all your classes - that's a great recruiting tool.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I've read it many times.

Jun 11, 2012, 1:35 PM

Each time I rejoice. I just wish they could pin some of this on Roy and the BB program. I know in my soul they are just as guilty if not more so than the football team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, I've read it many times.

Jun 11, 2012, 2:41 PM

Not saying to hold your breath, but considering that there have been multiple occurances with BB players, something should happen.

Don't hold your breath...would be nice to see Roy get it***

Jun 11, 2012, 1:56 PM

Re: Don't hold your breath...would be nice to see Roy get it***

Jun 11, 2012, 2:20 PM

I don't think the commish is the one to make that decision solo. He needs encouragement from the league and I just don't see that happening ..... to them!
But, everyone is doing it. How many times I have heard that in the last six months???

Tarholes are untouchable..

Jun 11, 2012, 3:05 PM

at least while Swofford is there.

You forgot the part about 15 page paper that their

Jun 11, 2012, 3:08 PM

"academic assistants" did for them !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

two things

Jun 11, 2012, 3:38 PM

UNC should be just as worried bout these two.:

as an educator...SACS ...ie...Southern Association of Colleges/Schools Accreditation .....the people that make your diploma worth something....yes, they will get a slap on wrist....but still for a school like UNC...they don't like headaches from accreditation folks...they are above that

as an athlete..NCAA....if in fact these allegations are proved to be true....and in fact it looks that way....then why was this info not presented to NCAA investigators at the times they were on campus....and if after...why have they not been self reported...(it is possible they have been self reported...just not reported to us folks...and this is where Swoffie comes in to play...as he would help handle this...yuck)

NCAA would deem this pretty serious....in fact every athlete that took this class(es) would not be able to count this class as part of their required course work for eligibility....although I am sure to this date UNC has already covered their bases on this one and made sure the kids have already taken another class to make up for this one.....the only time frame that would be in question would be the actual semester they took this class and only if they took less than 9 hours.....(to have the six required for eligibility)....

am sure UNC has already had them sign up for multiple easy online coursework...lol

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: two things

Jun 11, 2012, 4:32 PM

it would be very interesting to see if any games would have to be forfeit for players not meeting requirements, otherwise.

Re: UNC problems are just beginning.

Jun 11, 2018, 7:33 PM

What's laughable is the "investigation" conducted by the associate dean of the AfroAmerican Studies Dept. An independent review/audit should've been performed at least by the UNC Audit Division. The dean represented a serious conflict of interest. The "investigation" was not worth the paper used to report the findings. If I had been the UNC Audit Director, he!! would have been raised with the BOT. This has to be typical of all the other investigations conducted by UNC over the years in dealing with issues like jobs mysteriously given to parents of basketball players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,363
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic