Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UNC Academic Report Coming Wednesday
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

UNC Academic Report Coming Wednesday

Oct 20, 2014, 11:32 AM

Email sent to me from a UNC grad:

Dear Carolina Community,

I want to be the first to let you know that this Wednesday at 1 p.m., Kenneth Wainstein, a former federal prosecutor who we retained to investigate past academic irregularities at Carolina, will publicly release his report. At that event, UNC President Tom Ross and I will share our reactions to the report, our plans for responding, and also answer questions from the media. In the days and weeks following the release of the report, my team and I plan to meet with students, faculty, staff, alumni and other members of our community regarding Mr. Wainstein’s findings and how we move forward.

There will be a live webcast of Mr. Wainstein’s presentation on Wednesday. Please go to carolinacommitment.unc.edu to access this webcast. We will also post Mr. Wainstein’s report and related materials to the site.

The last few years have been difficult for our community. I believe this report will allow us to have a complete picture of what happened at Carolina and build on the numerous reforms we have already put in place.

I understand that many of you have questions, and I hope that many will be answered on Wednesday. We will continue to keep you informed as we move forward.

Thank you for your support.

Carol L. Folt

Chancellor

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UNC Academic Report Coming Wednesday

Oct 20, 2014, 11:32 AM

Some background information about what may be coming:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/06/20/3951434/kenneth-wainstein-updates-unc.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next