Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA has a 14-15 record in basketball and 5-6 in baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

UGA has a 14-15 record in basketball and 5-6 in baseball

Mar 4, 2013, 12:01 PM

I guess if they has that SEC money and facilities they ould win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ wishes he had sec $ so he could afford all the letters..***

Mar 4, 2013, 12:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been trying to explain that to the "SEC Money" doom and

Mar 4, 2013, 12:17 PM

gloomers for some time now.

First of all, money isn't a bad thing but Clemson has enough money etc. to be successful.

Secondly, having more money doesn't guarantee a darn thing.

Thirdly, Clemson will NOT get left behind no matter how conference alignment and TV contracts pan out.

Re: UGA has a 14-15 record in basketball and 5-6 in baseball

Mar 4, 2013, 12:40 PM

And they are going to start out 0-1 in football.

UGA is very similar to Clemson

Mar 4, 2013, 1:00 PM

they truly care about one sport and the others are merely something they do to pass time until football starts again. They play basketball in an old arena that is way outdated...sound similar...their baseball stadium is years behind SC. They have put their resources into football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen their Basketball Arena and practice facilities

Mar 4, 2013, 1:05 PM

They're not spending any SEC money on those...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they don't care about basketball....I was over there for a

Mar 4, 2013, 1:08 PM

game last year...that arena is not very nice at all...the baseball stadium was built in 1966 and had some renovations done to it in 1990....it only holds about 3k people....dead trees down the left field line and a kudzu hill in right field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they don't care about basketball....I was over there for a

Mar 4, 2013, 2:06 PM

They got rid of all the kudzu and put in nice bleachers over there. It's a free, general admission area where you can bring picnic lunches and the like. It's actually really nice. Overall, though, their field looks like a high school field, and I make fun of it whenever I get the chance. If you think we've had some bad sound systems, their sound seems like it is coming from the back of some fraternity boy's pickup truck.

I'm at UGA for grad school, and I can tell you NOBODY cares about baseball here. I was all done up in Clemson gear and excited about opening day and they were all like "baseball starts in february? really?" Their minds were completely blown. You can't even make fun of them for losing to Georgia Southern, Kennesaw State, Belmont, etc. because they don't care enough for it to be even worth your time. In fact, they follow baseball so little that they think they are still really good like in 2008.

Re: they don't care about basketball....I was over there for a

Mar 4, 2013, 9:30 PM

Really not many people follow college baseball anywhere. It's like college soccer and hockey: there are pockets (like Clemson, SC, Miami, FSU, Stanford) but overall it's a niche sport.

UGA hoops pretty much = Dominique Wilkins.

Mar 4, 2013, 2:11 PM

We need to have a player like that fall into our laps to kick start the program.

Of course, we'd want to maintain the momentum a little better than the Dawgs have.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he got them to a final four...farther than we've ever

Mar 4, 2013, 9:36 PM

gone...lost to NC State...the state of GA cares so little about basketball it's like it doesn't exist.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic