Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA Faking Injury - complete sequence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

UGA Faking Injury - complete sequence

Sep 2, 2013, 10:53 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CGkWrBTbKI

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EXACTLY what I was looking for yesterday

Sep 2, 2013, 10:55 AM

The apparent excuse is he got hit in the jock.

Well, guy wasn't even in the play before. What a joke

Clemson

Great First Comment

Sep 2, 2013, 10:57 AM

The Defense-Heavy SEC showing how to slow down a fast Offense. What is it they say, "We play D in the? SEC" ? Yes, sure you do; when you're not faking injuries.

LOL, There Skeeeered!

Re: UGA Faking Injury - complete sequence

Sep 2, 2013, 11:00 AM

Looks like 84 was tired signaled to come out of the game. Uga coaches knew they couldnt run someone on fast enough before we snapped the ball so he went down.

I kind of agree with you

Sep 2, 2013, 11:04 AM

I think this is a planned way to get subs on the field.

The only thing -- this is the second series of the game, maybe our sixth offensive play.

I guess he was already exhausted from taunting our Tigers at the bottom of the Hill.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

It's not just to get subs on the field or to get a timeout

Sep 2, 2013, 12:03 PM

without having to call one, it is also an attempt to break rhythm of HUNH offences.

Nope - 84 was coached to do that in practice -not even

Sep 2, 2013, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA Faking Injury - complete sequence ]

touched

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2013, 11:29 AM

Here's the video of the other guy scooting onto the field to stop the clock:

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1260744&tstart=0

It would have been interesting to see what the UGA coaches

Sep 2, 2013, 11:41 AM

were telling him when he looked to the sideline.

That's a flop. "We don't have time to get you out of the game, so lay down there."

Saban says no-huddle offenses are going to lead to player injuries. If you're that concerned about your players - call a time-out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It would have been interesting to see what the UGA coaches

Sep 2, 2013, 9:10 PM

Ill bet there is film of their sidelines somewhere

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Take a DIVE Georgia!

Sep 2, 2013, 11:58 AM

Drop the bulldog nickname (Georgia Dive)

i think people should slow down the hate on this

Sep 2, 2013, 12:05 PM

I was following this on another forum and someone posted a clip of him clearly catching a foot to the nads on a previous play. Now if you are a dude who has ever been kicked in the sac you know that sickening nausea type feeling that follows. It can often be a delayed reaction. Now maybe this kid really was faking it, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt, especially with such a short clip and little to no context.

Yeah I also hear a kick to the nads makes you scoot

Sep 2, 2013, 12:10 PM

back onto the playing field too.

I tend to agree. He looked a little gimpy during and after

Sep 2, 2013, 12:12 PM [ in reply to i think people should slow down the hate on this ]

the play on this clip. Clemson wasn't allowing enough time for him to sub out on the sideline so going to the turf was essentially the only way out of the game at that point. Not saying that there weren't other instances of dives later in the game but this particular play is not the best example.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i think people should slow down the hate on this

Sep 2, 2013, 12:24 PM [ in reply to i think people should slow down the hate on this ]

If he got hit in the nads he would have gone down immediately that play.

slow down the hate???!!! ARE YOU A LIBERAL or JUST STUPID???

Sep 2, 2013, 12:24 PM [ in reply to i think people should slow down the hate on this ]

This one clip above & the POSSIBLE gonad kick wasn't the ONLY instance of this fake-injury behavior...
there are plenty of other clips & instances for evidence of this OBVIOUSLY coached behavior!
call it being tricky if you want but it's wrong & has no place in the game.
Some kind of penalties will have to be implemented & enforced because this crap will spiral out of control by every standard D against HUNHOs. these Os are completely legal & great for football & makes it exciting, plus evens up the odds some with all these big power teams.
All it will do is slow down the game & negatively affect the team trying to play the game correctly!
Saban needs to buck up & shut up with his safety-ness whining & crying...THIS IS FOOTBALL FOR LORD'S SAKE!!!
IT'S A MANS SPORT!!! if you can't play it with the big dawgs then put your panties back on & sign up for the lingerie football league!

GO TIGERS!!!

I think people need to man up and play football.***

Sep 2, 2013, 12:26 PM [ in reply to i think people should slow down the hate on this ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: i think people should slow down the hate on this

Sep 2, 2013, 12:37 PM [ in reply to i think people should slow down the hate on this ]

I agree that he was a little gimpy, HOWEVER, IMO, it looked like he was going to the sideline to get out of the game, motioning to have someone come in for him and he was sent back to fall down on the field instead of coming to the sideline.....to give the D a rest.

If he caught it on the previous play

Sep 2, 2013, 9:12 PM [ in reply to i think people should slow down the hate on this ]

He'd have gone down then. He was jogging toward his position before it sudden overcame him. BS EXCUSE

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Richt says he was really hurt BUT...

Sep 2, 2013, 12:12 PM

In the past they expected players to tough it out and get off the field, but now they tell them to stay down because it is to their advantage. He is admitting that they are coached to exaggerate their injuries. So, to me, even if the guy got a knee to the groin, signalling him to flop down is shady.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2013, 1:32 PM

They need to change their name to Georgia Toy Poodles.

If that was a complete sequence

Sep 2, 2013, 9:23 PM

I have ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. Geez!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic