Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When you look at the Tigers domination of SCjr
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

When you look at the Tigers domination of SCjr

Dec 12, 2013, 1:31 PM

in the past, you have to consider the parade of coaches that they were going through during those years (Bell, Woods, Carlen, Holtz, did I miss one?). So Sir Spur Slur arrives and it takes him 5 plus years to get the program on track. I think the key was he basically had to stay (where would he go?) and it has worked out to match his arrogance finally.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lower our standards or I quit***

Dec 12, 2013, 1:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Things look bleak for them a healthy UF&UGA coming

Dec 12, 2013, 4:32 PM

UF will have a new OC, UTjr on the rise (no.2 class in the nation and a great new coach whom they've yet to beat, an annual match up with aTm, They catch AU next year and will no longer be able to play the worst 2 teams in the west for the foreseeable future. Mizzou sets the standard in the east now. Plus, we're not going anywhere talent-wise. Needs our heads to show up, and for the nerves to be left at home for our game with them and we win running away. They may honestly have a losing record next year.

I can live with that, if it carries over to the rivalry

Dec 12, 2013, 6:16 PM

Re: Things look bleak for them a healthy UF&UGA coming

Dec 13, 2013, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Things look bleak for them a healthy UF&UGA coming ]

"They may honestly have a losing record next year."

Well 7 losses would certainly be a disappointing season, huh?

Considering we have lost 6 games in the previous 3 years combined, have not lost at home since mid 2011 and had the youngest team in America this year - by a long shot.

Geee....I sure hope you are wrong about that!

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Dec 13, 2013, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Things look bleak for them a healthy UF&UGA coming ]

You cannot possibly be serious...a losing record?

Georgia and A&M in Columbia early in the year
Kentucky and Vanderbilt anywhere
Florida and Tennessee won't be improved or healthy enough
East Carolina, Furman and South Alabama at home are lock wins
Auburn on the road is rough no doubt
and the 6 pack against Clemson makes for a fine season 9-3 worst case
losing season? You are dreaming

Dec 14, 2013, 11:46 AM

I actually agree.

Kentucky, Vandy, ECU, Furman, S. Alabama are 5 wins.

Georgia, TAMU, Tennessee and Mizzou at home...worst case at home is 2-2 and that would be shocking considering Georgia and TAMU are replacing their big time QB's. So 3 wins at home is almost definite, and it wouldn't shock me at all if you win all 4. But you're going to lose a game at home eventually, so maybe it happens next year.

Don't kid yourself, road games at UF, Auburn, and Clemson will be tough. Florida will be better next year, Auburn will be loaded, and if you're honest about it the last game of the year is going to be a tough win for you guys. Best case scenario here is 2-1, and I'll go on record as saying you're probably going to go 1-2.

I think 10-2 is possible, but 9-3 is more likely (you either go 0-3 in those tough road games or drop a game at home). Anything better than 10-2 is an outstanding year and anything worse than 8-4 is a disappointment.

After losing Shaw, Clowney, and Quarrels next year will be really interesting for USC. I know you're young, but will the young guys be able to replace those guys who were leaders for your team? That'll be the question.

It hasn't hurt that $CU also finally managed to....

Dec 12, 2013, 4:47 PM

drag the rest of the $EC East down to its level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

UF will have

Dec 12, 2013, 6:34 PM

Their 3rd OC in 3 years. Not a guarantee it helps. UT has been there one year and there's no guarantee that their recruiting class will translate to success on the field. I can give you a dozen examples of that not helping a team become world beaters. Auburn will be tough but so was bama last time we played them. Saying mizzou sets the standard is just craziness. Texas a&m will be starting god knows who at qb and already have a porous defense as it is. You have no idea how your qb situation will turn out next year as far how they will respond to big game pressure. Honestly out of every team you named, South Carolina has the best chance of being pretty good next year considering they return 9 of 11 on offense and the new starter at qb has already started and won big on the road. Our biggest offensive question mark is who plays one of our guard spots next year. Just to clear up your misconceptions onederkid. Not even being rude or taunting, just stating facts honestly.

UFs coordinator can't be any worse than

Dec 12, 2013, 6:45 PM

What they had this year. UTs bring in like 40 kids this class, we had like 20 when we were #2. Plus they have a proven coach who's known for doing more with less talent. Johnny football may come back after the pathetic year he's had (would be hilarious). UGAs the better team between of the two of you and will remain that way. Mizzou just won your division (clearly they're the head of the class in the east.. WE BEAT THE NO. 5 TEAM IN THE NATION! YEAH, LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!). Have I mentioned yet that auburn not has malzahn at the helm (and they cheat their ##### off in recruiting)? Good luck with that. You honestly think that any of the QBs on our team can play worse against you jr's than tajh has the past two years? lol. Just stating the fact brah, honestly.

Georgia

Dec 12, 2013, 7:16 PM

Won 1 in the last 4 games against South Carolina so that argument is null and void. Recruiting classes only count a certain amount of kids. Regardless of the amount of recruits. Missouri doesn't have a strangle hold on the east now just because they won the east. Moot point. You have honestly no idea how your qbs will play against us or any other opponent. That's your opinion, far from fact. And tajh played 3 years, not 2. I never said a thing about us beating Missouri or them being 5 in my post. You've posted 0 actual facts right now aside from UT having the number 2 recruiting class. Go back and look at top 5 recruiting classes over the past few years and see if they always translate into being on the upswing.

And btw

Dec 12, 2013, 7:17 PM

You saying brah nullified your entire argument completely.

I don't have to consider anything. Losing doesn't cut it.***

Dec 13, 2013, 3:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When you look at the Tigers domination of SCjr

Dec 13, 2013, 7:24 PM

Losses
1. UGA (they're very young on D and and clearly the better team, would/could beat the jr's running away-honestly-just by running gurley and marshall w/o attempting a pass on the day)

2. aTm.... let's be serious here. You're not winning that game, and if you do, their 2014 ????? QB will wipe the field with you at their place in 15

3. AU... Blowout, embarrassing loss that will leave you unable to watch ESPN for the remainder of the season.

4. Mizzou missed a chip shot for you clowns to win that one. They don't even need to be the real deal for a win against you (but they of course will be a legit top 5 team after they beat you)

5. UF, in the swamp, last beat your best team in jr history by about 40 pts in a year where an AAC team completely embarrassed them in front of a national audience

6. UT jr. Butch does more with less, and they as well as auburn have officially joined usc jr "if u can't beat em join em" steroid club (another reason au will embarrass the jrs). Plus, you've You haven't beaten their current coach w/I the last 5 years, what on EARTH makes you think you'll win next year. Sound familiar? ;)

7. Clemson .. In DV (at your house with the longest home win streak ever, this team was tied with the jrs in the fourth.... after 4 TOs and us botching 2 punts to give you less than 30 yds to reach the endzone-that's sad)

You'll probably be one of the 6 win teams to make it to a bowl though, so I can a .500 jr team when all's said and done, but realistically, your looking at a 6-8 finish.

Even if you guys do keep the mediocre trend going next year of 9 or 10 wins and 5-7th in your conference (which makes jr fans believe somehow that they're the real deal), let's face it, in the years following, y'alls sh!t is about to absolutely hit the fan.

Re: When you look at the Tigers domination of SCjr

Dec 14, 2013, 11:48 AM

We return a lot of players, and a QB who have all beaten Clemson in Clemson. Clemson will have no one on there team who has beaten SC.

UGA, UT, and MIZZOU are all at home, that makes a huge difference. I think we win at least 2/3

not sure about UF, but playing in Gainesville is tough, and Auburn will easily be our toughest game.

hard to see more than 3 losses with what we have coming back.

Oh, and the longest current running home streak includes 3 top 25 wins &

Dec 13, 2013, 7:35 PM

2 of those were acc teams, which are clearly overrated, right?

That certainly is a ROUGH league you clowns play in... jk the teams you've been matched with the last few years in the SEC have been worthless. Best team you've played in your league was LSU (who we beat), and you lost that game. The perception of your home field advantage is well, well above reality. You're in for a rough go the next 5 years. Just warning you so don't go getting mad at me about it.

So, yeah...1 ranked win over SEC foes in the last 3 years

Dec 13, 2013, 7:50 PM

at home completely legitimizes the notion that the sec is the best top to bottom league in the country-by far-and your home field advantage and environment is the best untouchably the best in the country... or... wait a second? Maybs not, brah?

That means you've played one ranked sec opponent at your house in 3 years.

We've played more ranked ACC opponents than that, what a joke. Lower your expectations, or you'll end up punching a kid in the face and going to jail for it.

Jr's, and their home field, are, and will both remain a joke.

You haven't even been to a BCS bowl. It's laughable. Your fans act like your trophy case is resemblant of BAMA's. You have one championship, in 120 plus years, and it's an ACC championship in a year in which your jr's final record stood at a very impressive 7-4. LOL

All other teams must've been injury riddled that year, too..

Dec 13, 2013, 7:55 PM

LOLLLLLLLLLL

Thumbs up for the kid? Anyone? Yay? Nay? A lot if hard work went into

Dec 14, 2013, 11:35 AM

The proof if of the coots upcoming demise....

To #### with Spurrier. Why can't WE beat the chickens?

Dec 14, 2013, 11:40 AM

That is the question Dabo needs to answer for himself.

I can see them realistically winning one of the seven losses

Dec 14, 2013, 11:56 AM

I mentioned, at best, two. So a 7-5 regular season, 7-6 with a disappointing bowl loss. At best 8-4, 8-5 after bowl season. You still haven't play a very good good bowl opponent in your 16 or so bowl appearances and you've lost half.

You've beaten 1 ranked sec team at home in 3 yrs.

Dec 14, 2013, 12:00 PM

You'll likely face 4 next year. I can see usc jr ending up realistically at 1-3 after that stretch. You're guys just haven't played against top flight sec competition at home. It's not necessarily their fault they're going to drop a few of those, they just haven't been there.

Re: You've beaten 1 ranked sec team at home in 3 yrs.

Dec 14, 2013, 12:02 PM

so beating top teams on the road doesn't translate to beating them at home? and I suppose those Clemson home wins don't support our home field advantage because they weren't SEC wins? lol.

Good luck with FSU going forward.

I'm just going by the perception of your fans that

Dec 14, 2013, 12:07 PM

Clemson is overrated because they've only beaten up on bad teams, right? Plus we handed you two games on top of our being overrated, so no, those games aren't fit for this discussion in regards to your SEC SEC league play at home. 1 ranked win. Shlts abiut to hit the fan.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic