Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I say if UCF goes undefeated for the season….
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,299

I say if UCF goes undefeated for the season….

Nov 2, 2018, 8:15 AM

Let them in the top 4 of the college football playoff. If everything is true they are saying then they shouldn’t have any trouble making it to the championship game.

Let them put their money where their mouth is so to speak. Put up or shut up. At least it will end the controversy of if they are good enough once and for all.

I remember just a few short years ago Ohio St. made it to the playoffs and then flopped with a 31-0 loss in the Fiesta Bowl. (although they did lay an egg against a pretty awesome team)

Should Ohio St. have been in that playoff?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I say if UCF goes undefeated for the season….

Nov 2, 2018, 8:30 AM

Just as they showed last year, any of these teams can win one game over a p5 team in a bowl. They need to schedule p5 teams during the year and show they can hang long term. I don’t think they hold up.

No where as good this year as last though. They’d be like an ole miss- score against bad teams but struggling with any that are decent teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2018, 9:10 AM

I'm all about the UCF bashing but in their defense they scheduled 2 ACC games this year. They dominated PITT (who beat #19 Syracuse) and the UNC game was canceled. I think it must be hard for them to schedule games with the more successful programs out there - it's a lose-lose for a team like clemson to schedule a game with them. If you win, great you should have beat a G5 team. If you lose or even win a close game (--> PSU v App St) you hear the rumblings about pulling an ohio state.

People tend to forget that the rankings for this year do not take last years results into account. They are 7-0 , with 1 win against a team with a winning record. They're not 21-0 and didn't beat Auburn this year. No chance they make playoffs unless their is chaos

Nov 2, 2018, 9:51 AM

Last year, when they let Alabama in over UCF, UCF had a harder schedule and better wins.

Alabama went 11-1. They defeated ZERO ranked teams, with a SOS average ranking around #80. They only ranked team Alabama played (Auburn), curb stomped Alabama by 2 touchdowns. Alabama was not eligible to play for the SEC championship as they didnt even win their division. They were then selected to the playoff and had 6 weeks (almost 7) to prepare for Clemson, who was injured and given less than 3 weeks to prepare for Alabama.

UCF went 12-0 in the regular season, defeating 4 ranked teams, with an average SOS ranking of #34. UCF then went on to win their conference championship, and then kicked the crap out of Auburn in a bowl game.

We can make fun of UCF all we want, but its pretty obvious they should have been there, and the playoff committee has royally F-ed up the selection process now going on 2 years in a row.

I'm not trying to belittle what they accomplished last year

Nov 2, 2018, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I say if UCF goes undefeated for the season…. ]

but beating an uninspired Auburn team, when you've had practically a month to prepare for them, is far different than playing that same team during the middle of the season on one week of rest.

I think they had a great season in 2017, but they're fooling themselves if they think they had the best team in the nation.

UCF's SoS is 127th. They won't be making the playoffs.

Nov 2, 2018, 9:54 AM

And we would beat them by 30+.

Nov 2, 2018, 9:56 AM

As I understand it, the 5 major conferences created the CFB playoffs to acknowledge a true champion. With the other smaller conferences being give an opportunity to get a New Years 6 bowl bid. That is their best hope, it it what it is. If UCF or any other group of 5 team wants an opportunity to be a part of the real CFB playoffs then let them make the financial commitment to join a major power 5 conference. Until that time, they have little choice but to know their place, claim whatever bogus title they conjure up and be content.

So where does Notre Dame fall in the Power 5?

Nov 2, 2018, 9:59 AM

They aren't in the ACC

I think it would be a waste of a playoff spot that

Nov 2, 2018, 9:57 AM

should go to a conference champ.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,299
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic