Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UCF for now is the toughest team USC has to play in their
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

UCF for now is the toughest team USC has to play in their

Sep 24, 2013, 7:37 AM

next 7 of 8 games.

The only team left ranked higher than UCF in USC next 8 games is Florida at 19th and by the time USC plays Florida UCF might be ranked higher than Florida.

SAYS A LOT about those TOUGH SEC schedules.

The SEC is so over hyped in many ways once you get past the top 2 or 3 teams and USC isn't one of the top 2 or 3 teams.

Good thing USC has Clemson to play to keep their SOS up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree. It's not the overhyped SEC, it's the crappy

Sep 24, 2013, 7:58 AM

unbalanced scheduling that exists with these new 14-team super-leagues. Go look at LSU's schedule and tell me if it's crappy with only 2 teams to get past.

SC only has to play 2 of the other 5 big boys this season, and Florida's status in that big boy group is very much in doubt right now.

Re: Disagree. It's not the overhyped SEC, it's the crappy

Sep 24, 2013, 10:16 AM

I agree that the scheduling is not very good but the SEC overhype does give teams a lot more credibility than they deserve. You said it yourself the "other 5 big boys" are the only teams that can actually beat you this year, yet they still play up teams like Ole Miss and Vandy to make it seem like every schedule is difficult.

null

Sep 24, 2013, 10:24 AM

Yea but no other conference can say "other 5 big boys". There is no collection of teams like Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Texas A&M, Florida, or South Carolina in any other conference. I think Florida will continue to decline this year due to losing their QB, but their defense is probably the best in the country. They simply can't move the ball haha. Even then, Ole Miss has impressed early on and Auburn looks like they could be good too.

Of course there are bad teams in the league and, yes, it gets way too overhyped sometimes...but some people go crazy and try to suggest that the only good team in the league is Alabama while everyone else rides their coat tails, and that simply is not true.

Sep 24, 2013, 1:17 PM

My problem with that is that teams like Vandy, etc. get all the hype that goes with it.

Don't talk about SEC speed and nonsense when Kentucky and Vandy play.

I get it when Bama plays LSU, it's a great game between two power houses. When A&M played Bama, same thing.

But when Bama plays Missouri don't shove the tough games every week nonsense like ESPN does.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or georgia and tn first month for that matter.***

Sep 24, 2013, 8:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You act like UCF is some podunk team.

Sep 24, 2013, 8:27 AM

Trust me going down to orlando to play them has some balls. Also shows respect for that program. UCF beat UGA in a bowl game a few years back. They just went up to happy valley in front of 100K+ and came out with a win. If we had to go down to UCF and played like we did at stat I can guarantee a loss by 10+.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to bad you MISSED the entire point of the thread

Sep 24, 2013, 8:29 AM

but I won't explain it to you

Chicken balls. Interesting concept.***

Sep 24, 2013, 8:31 AM [ in reply to You act like UCF is some podunk team. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had we gone to UCF and played like we did against State we

Sep 24, 2013, 8:59 AM [ in reply to You act like UCF is some podunk team. ]

would have won by a larger margin than we did over State.

Penn State is not a good team and beating them is no big deal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UCF for now is the toughest team USC has to play in their

Sep 24, 2013, 8:32 AM

The secheat is very top heavy, and that quality is in the Western Div. of their conference. The east is the least, and not just because usuc is in that group. It has been pretty much since usuc fell into being in the conference. It almost is laughable that all the rest of them get the kudos based on what a couple of their teams do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

actually that's not true

Sep 24, 2013, 8:38 AM

there was a time, not long ago, when Tenn and Florida ruled that conference from the East. Bama and LSU sucked wind. And USuC was stuck in a revolving losing streak....

Re: actually that's not true

Sep 24, 2013, 9:38 AM

It has been a good while back. Actually, you are right that the East was very good when Spurrier was at UF, and Fulmer was at UT. Later Meyer came in at UF and had a good run. It has rotated around some (usually following a/some probation), but the point is that even when that was the case, and there were a couple of great teams, and the rest were pretty average. The whole conference is not NC caliber as the media and their conference members would have us believe.

Sep 24, 2013, 10:00 AM

that last sentence is the point, USC likes to think they are players in an elite CONFERENCE, not so

they just happen to be in a conf. that has had one of the top teams or two in the nation,

but the conf. as a whole isn't NC teams as they and ESPN would have us to think

Sep 24, 2013, 12:54 PM

My point exactly, and it isn't just usuc. Heck it's all of them and the rest of the country who gets bombarded by the esecheat spin machine all day and night.

Saw a Spurlid presser where he said Coastal Carolina was the

Sep 24, 2013, 8:52 AM

the only easy win on their schedule.

Spurlid is just channeling his inner Lou***

Sep 24, 2013, 9:28 AM

Florida may be THE most overrated team in the land.***

Sep 24, 2013, 9:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think they would deny that this year they have an

Sep 24, 2013, 10:44 AM

easy schedule. Last year though, they played us, Georgia, LSU, Florida, and Vanderbilt (laugh all you want, Vanderbilt was ranked in the top 25). It varies year by year.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic