Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UCF didn't make the cut
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

UCF didn't make the cut

Oct 2, 2018, 11:42 PM

Honestly, I'm growing tired of all the fake UCF natty champs flags I see around town so my feelings are not hurt they didn't make sammich maker's list.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24863409/nine-teams-best-chance-win-college-football-playoff-national-championship

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, the CFP should expand to eight.***

Oct 2, 2018, 11:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree, the CFP should expand to eight. Nope

Oct 3, 2018, 7:28 AM

4 means excellence rewarded.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree, the CFP should expand to eight. Nope

Oct 3, 2018, 12:18 PM

We agree to disagree. Still too much opinion involved. Conference championships are diluted btw unless there is a true round robin (like the Big 12).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: UCF didn't make the cut

Oct 3, 2018, 7:36 AM

If UCF goes undefeated again and there are not 4 undefeated power 5 schools then UCF deserves a shot. I said it back when Boise was going undefeated, sustained success deserves to be rewarded.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 3, 2018, 8:44 AM

I have to disagree. I know it might not seem fair, but no way a team with UCF's schedule should get into the CFP. At least Boise did a good job of going out and getting big teams on their schedule OOC.

Just take a look at a common opponent of theirs this season in Florida Atlantic to another CFP contender, Oklahoma. Oklahoma beat Florida Atlantic 63-14, and were up 56-0 in the 3rd quarter of that game.

UCF beat Florida Atlantic 56-36, and they were down 17-14 late in the 2nd quarter, up 21-17 at halftime, and it was still 42-29 with 3 minutes left in the game.

Last year in their "national championship season" their resume included a 10 point win over Navy, 7 point win over SMU, 7 point win over South Florida, and a win in double overtime against Memphis. What would that record have been if they had the schedule of Auburn from last year which included Clemson, LSU, Georgia(twice) and Alabama? But yeah, let's reward them for going unbeaten with a schedule where the hardest games are South Florida and Memphis, and where they can afford to win nail biters against teams like SMU.

Oct 3, 2018, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: UCF didn't make the cut ]

One big thing I don't like with the thought of going unbeaten and deserving to be in the CFP... If going unbeaten is the most important thing, and being unbeaten even with a crappy schedule is considered better than losing 1 game, but having at least a few quality wins, then why schedule any tough OOC games at all?

A team can't really control their conference schedule, but if going unbeaten matters more then what would motivate a team like Clemson to schedule OOC games against teams like Auburn, A&M, LSU, and Georgia? Why not schedule the easiest games possible so you have a better chance of running the table?

UCF can't really control their conference, but go schedule someone. I keep reading their fans say teams are scared of them...no they aren't, and their was especially no reason for anyone to fear them prior to last year in the first place. I've seen their fans say no big team is willing to schedule a road game against UCF, and well that's probably true...but suck it up and go on the road. Teams in P5 conferences have to play those tough road games all the time, and if you're truly a national championship type of team then go prove it.

Oct 3, 2018, 10:02 AM

The problem with that is that no decent team will schedule them, and even if they did it might not be for 7-10 years.

They did schedule two power 5 teams and Navy, but the turdheals ran away at the first sign of rain and pitt is playing group of 5 quality ball.

Hard to fault UCF for that.

Oct 3, 2018, 12:16 PM

And if they were given a Power 5 invite to Big 12, ACC, or SEC - pretty sure they would join.

So they've done all they can and yet the power brokers say no.

What...no $CU !?!?!?!

Oct 3, 2018, 8:56 AM

How could that be ?!?!?!

They have the best coach and the greatest QB in college football history !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic